Anyone used Forte DPF Cleaner n Regenerator?

Posted 30th Jul 2019
FORTE DPF CLEANER AND REGENERATOR (DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER)
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
not the DPF but the turbo cleaner is very good, does the job.
Not used it but I know it works, the Wurth one is excellent as well
eslick30/07/2019 19:54

Is it a top brand for its purpose? You heard of Diesel Rhino?
ruheluddin8630/07/2019 19:59

Is it a top brand for its purpose? You heard of Diesel Rhino?

seems to be gets lots of comments and recommendations on different car forums as being the brand to go to, for turbo cleaning especially, was this or one other or mr muscle as the alternatives. Never heard of Rhino but from the looks of it just looks like the sort of additive that gets added to fuel.
Edited by: "eslick" 30th Jul 2019
eslick30/07/2019 19:54

Agree, the Turbo cleaner is like Magic dust....
If you try it and it doesn't work find somewhere to cut it open and weld it back up. Jetwashing them works a treat.

To pass MOT with a smokey diesel wynns clean burn usually works.
Have you tried taking if for a run to clean it out, check the manual to see how long it needs to be driven and what revs.
deleted1471098
I use cataclean for dpf engines.
deleted1471098
MonkeysUncle30/07/2019 20:40

If you try it and it doesn't work find somewhere to cut it open and weld …If you try it and it doesn't work find somewhere to cut it open and weld it back up. Jetwashing them works a treat. (y)To pass MOT with a smokey diesel wynns clean burn usually works.

They check the DPF’s as part of MOT now so if it’s been tampered with instant fail......
deleted147109830/07/2019 22:13

They check the DPF’s as part of MOT now so if it’s been tampered with ins …They check the DPF’s as part of MOT now so if it’s been tampered with instant fail......

They allow it to be cut open and cleaned, just get then to take a photo or give mot tester a receipt.

38180298-Vbclz.jpg
My DPF is fine. I’m just trying to take precautions to prevent future issues...
Change your oil every 6k and make sure you let it regenerate fully and you'll have no problem. No need for additives, A few tell tale signs it's doing a regen. Revs will likely increase, engine note/exhaust note may change, Stop/start will not be active ( If it's a feature ) fans will most likely be running. It may even tell you or display a light etc.. I've fitted a led on my Vauxhall that flashes when it's doing it.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 31st Jul 2019
.MUFC.31/07/2019 08:56

Change your oil every 6k and make sure you let it regenerate fully and …Change your oil every 6k and make sure you let it regenerate fully and you'll have no problem. No need for additives, A few tell tale signs it's doing a regen. Revs will likely increase, engine note/exhaust note may change, Stop/start will not be active ( If it's a feature ) fans will most likely be running. It may even tell you or display a light etc.. I've fitted a led on my Vauxhall that flashes when it's doing it.

Led? How did you manage that?
Edited by: "ruheluddin86" 31st Jul 2019
deleted67360
deleted147109830/07/2019 22:13

They check the DPF’s as part of MOT now so if it’s been tampered with ins …They check the DPF’s as part of MOT now so if it’s been tampered with instant fail......

That is true... but! DPFs are not always located in a visible place. Mine for instance is underneath the turbo in front of the engine and covered by heat shields. unless the MOT garage removes it the could never tell if it was tampered
ruheluddin8631/07/2019 15:00

Led? How did you manage that?

For whatever reason during a regeneration Vauxhall's put a high load on the engine by turning on the rear demister/heated mirrors. By tapping into the heated mirrors wiring with a led it flashes when it's either doing a regeneration or flashes when I put the rear demisters on This is the mod I did on my Vauxhall Zafira Tourer.

I know it works on most if not all other diesel Vauxhalls that have DPFs. It may work on other manufacturers or may not.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 31st Jul 2019
deleted1471098
ruheluddin8620/09/2019 22:40

How often? Best product out there?

I use it every time I service the car, usually twice a year.
deleted147109821/09/2019 07:16

I use it every time I service the car, usually twice a year.

What exactly does it do?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants