Expired

Anyone used Gadget-Cover.com?

Found 18th Aug 2014
So I'm looking for insurance and it seems that one company stands out the most offering cheap cover with theft and loss included.

They have quoted me £13/Month which will cover:

Macbook Pro 13" Retina
Tab 3 8"
Nexus 7 32GB
S4

Now I just wanted to ask has anyone used AND made a claim?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Not used them and not sure I would but its worth checking your home insurance to see if you're covered first. If not you may be able to add to that for less.
Not sure about the website but found this for 20% or 10% off codes

20% off VOUCL20
10% off AWN10

not sure how long these codes will last. have tested them and the website accepts them.
Edited by: "djmackie2000" 18th Aug 2014
The first lot of reviews don't look to promising.
Managers

The first lot of reviews don't look to promising.

Yes after looking at those reviews I'll skip that and go for another provider.
This is from Mobile Phone Insurance. Do not take this as a guidance for all Insurance policies.

I was looking for a cheaper place to insure my mobile phone.

At first I was using Vodafone since it was in the package. They were charging me £15/M on top of my contract.

I read the terms and conditions of the payout a few days later. Depending on when I claim, it's £50 payout to Vodafone for a used phone on a used condition they think I deserve (based on how long I've owned the phone).
If phone got damaged and needs repair... £50

If I got mugged, I would need to have physical proof that I was mugged and had the phone forced from me. If someone had a knife, I couldn't just hand them my phone, they have to take it off me to count as a mugging.

If the phone was pinched from my bag, it counts as lost and isn't covered.
If you left the phone on a counter and someone slid it out from your view and took it, it's the same as above, and is lost and isn't covered.

I looked at Protect your bubble, Gadget Cover, and a few other places, before deciding I don't need insurance. I'm paying £5-15 a month for a guy on the phone to lie his way out of paying for a replacement item. Yeah, I'm not that stupid.

The only place I'd take up insurance is, is with Tesco, from the sounds of things, if you lose your phone, mugged, lost, etc. It's £85 for a new phone the next day. Some other companies do the same, but I've not bothered with insurance.

I'm unsure if you got home cover, but you would be able to put it under that if you do. Plus I believe they are more reliable if something happens.
Protect your bubble will only replace your phone if u insure it when a year of buying it or something i read. i was going to insure my Iphone 4s but the phone was over a year old so could not use Protect your bubble. so i just stuck it on my home insurance
Bloody useless, 4 weeks with broken phone and still not resolved. Supplied all documentation within a few days then get email to make another statement before claim is reviewed. Every time I phone about it I get told no claims advisor is available even though I phone the number they emailed me. Do not use this company
I'm insured with gadget-cover.com.

NEVER USE GADGET COVER INSURANCE

I made a claim for the lost device. Within the next 24 hours I provided all the required documentation. The claim was accepted and I've been told that within 5 working days I'm gonna receive a replacement gadget. I waited 2 weeks. Nothing. I sent an email. Nothing. Another email. Nothing. I called customer service. I was 2nd n the queue and I waited over 30 minutes. The customer service said that they don't deal with it and they will send a request to the stock team. I waited another 2 days. Nothing. I called again aind was 3rd in the queue. Waited 43 minutes. Customer service told me exactly the same, that they will send a request to the stock team. I said I wanna make a complain. I've been told that the manager is busy and will call me back within 24 hours. As you can predict, nobody called me. I'm still trying to get a replacement gadget.
Very disappointed. I have a 12 months contract with them. Hopefully I can end it earlier and insure my mobile somewhere else. If you know any good trustful insurance company I would appreciate if you let me know
I have had a terrible time with this company, and recommend anyone who values their time and being treated as a decent human being to avoid this company. To date, I am without my phone which I sent in to repair with them 2 months ago!!
2 whole months without a phone. I have called, emailed, called and emailed again. I have put a complaint in and I am still waiting to hear from the complaints department. I was told they will send me a new phone which I would receive mid-April. I have still not received it. They wouldn't even provide me a tracking number for it.
Not good service at all.
Gadget Cover is the ABSOLUTE WORST!!!!!!!!!! I would advise that you stay as far away from them as possible.
I've insured a couple items with them, made a claim after being robbed and it's now almost 3 months of not receiving my claims. I've had to constantly call and send emails regarding my claim.They were very nonchalant in their dealings and kept passing the buck. I was promised a manager's call back....never got one. Imagine I've been operating on 3 months of patience for a company that's been taking my money monthly and still no solution to the issue at hand - I have not received my claim.

Run far away from GadgetCover!!!!!!!!!!
M0nk3h

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09So I'm looking for insurance and it seems that … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09So I'm looking for insurance and it seems that one company stands out the most offering cheap cover with theft and loss included.They have quoted me £13/Month which will cover:Macbook Pro 13" RetinaTab 3 8"Nexus 7 32GBS4Now I just wanted to ask has anyone used AND made a claim?\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Personally and from a long and hard battle I would not throw a mangy dog at anything to do with this company Shysters each and every one
M0nk3h

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09So I'm looking for insurance and it seems that … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09So I'm looking for insurance and it seems that one company stands out the most offering cheap cover with theft and loss included.They have quoted me £13/Month which will cover:Macbook Pro 13" RetinaTab 3 8"Nexus 7 32GBS4Now I just wanted to ask has anyone used AND made a claim?\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Personally and from a long and hard battle I would not throw a mangy dog at anything to do with this company Shysters each and every one
First cancelled policy said I didn't pay Bank said they didn't put in They said they sent Emails I never received any They Said I cancelled policy I told them no They said bank cancelled DD bank said No They refused claim I appealed The appeal said they not at fault and I lost claim Not happy went to Ombudsman Oh by the way they very reluctant to answer Emails if you complain, either in good time or until you sent several Ombudsman told them to get theit act together They said OK but I must pay more money I paid I asked to put in claim eventually a claim form arrived with demand for more money and several phone calls also Got back ombudsman They said GC get your **** together I filled in forms said in Email post to address above within a short period or lose claim Guess yes you've guessed No address above Phoned said can you give me address to post First got you can't post slammed phone down Next a charming young lady who gave me an address at completely other side of country from where it should have been Looked in Email folder got true address sent second claim off within specified time Normal time to get any answer between three dayys and three weeks Assesssor phones up and within hours I get email yes you guessed it knocked back on technicality so complete wasr of time And technicality was only a supposed scenario that I had put forward amongst many But they pounced on it as if iy were a tablet from our lord The most disgusting retail experience I have ever had in my life
Hmm, 5 users in a row join purely to resurrect an old thread then are never heard from again.

See you again in a few months when you've thought up another username!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants