Groups

Anyone used Gamingmall to buy Xbox live sub/points

I bought a years Xbox sub off them only to be told after Id paid that I would have to wait 24 hours to be 'verified' due to fraud. I have sent a couple of queries to them which have not been answered and I still havent got the code over 24 hours later.

anyone else had any experience of them ?

18 Comments

Original Poster

edit: The account has now been 'verified' and I got the code, about 25 hours after I ordered it, at £25.99 for 12 months its pretty cheap so long as you're prepared to wait and get ignored.

iNSOMANiAC;6112488

edit: The account has now been 'verified' and I got the code, about 25 … edit: The account has now been 'verified' and I got the code, about 25 hours after I ordered it, at £25.99 for 12 months its pretty cheap so long as you're prepared to wait and get ignored.

Thanks for sharing. Rep added. Thats a lot cheaper than buying it in the shop!

when I click the "get it now!" button to retrieve my code nothing happens. Did you not get 13 months for £25.99 because it says you get a month free?

Original Poster

no they said thats a 'limited' offer and that theyd took that advert down which they clearly havent the liars, i had to wait 24 hours then the get it now became available, i had to enter my password again and it took me to a photocopy of the code.

Are these OK to use on UK accounts?

iNSOMANiAC;6112488

edit: The account has now been 'verified' and I got the code, about 25 … edit: The account has now been 'verified' and I got the code, about 25 hours after I ordered it, at £25.99 for 12 months its pretty cheap so long as you're prepared to wait and get ignored.

i have just ordered the same from them still waiting 24 hrs after paying, have jusr sent them 2 emails fingers crossed not impressed so far with them

i bought 12months xbox live gold £25.99
    and two days later still waiting for the code i have got the paypal recipt but is there anything else i need to do??
    im still hoping it will arrive soon

Original Poster

just keep logging in and seeing if the code has been sent, it appears on the website if i remember rightly

Thought I would chime in on this having purchased an Xbox Live code from them yesterday, normally I would do this on eBay but GamingMall seems to be the cheapest at the moment.

I don't think the whole process is explained very well, if at all on their website. You pay via PayPal and in turn that sets you up an account on their system taking your email address as the username and generating a random password for you to use. The way I found this out was using the "Forgotten Password?" option in the sign-up box.

Immediately that sent me an email telling me my password of which you can login with.

The whole fraud thing is a bit weak, it is more a case of initiating a bank transfer of funds to make sure they get your money in their account before sending you anything. I think eBay sellers had an issue where a buyer could claim that they never received goods and get their money back pretty quickly. Not a 100% on that but in the past I have always waited till funds hit my account before sending stuff.

It's 18:30 now and I am supposed to have a code by 21:33, I guess by reading these comments I will have to wait a bit longer. At least the service has been proven not to be a scam.

I found their web designer 72dpicreative.net/por…ll/ Maybe they should be paid to change that "One month free" banner.

I used to buy live codes all the time from another instant code site and they had some serious problems with fraud.

They (customer) would buy the codes via Paypal and then after using it would claim non-delivery with paypal (or whatever) to try to get the money back.

its the reincarnation of jasper

I used Gaming Mall yesterday to buy a 12 Month XBL Gold subscription and was sent an invalid code. I expect I'll get nothing back from them nor Paypal.

Beware.

Okay this is really frustrating, i am not patient and when told that my code will be delivered within 24 hours i expect it. How do they send the code to you? I press the get it now and it does nothing i am fuming at the moment at this terrible service.

Akimbo Slice;7703749

Okay this is really frustrating, i am not patient and when told that my … Okay this is really frustrating, i am not patient and when told that my code will be delivered within 24 hours i expect it. How do they send the code to you? I press the get it now and it does nothing i am fuming at the moment at this terrible service.

As above just keep logging in, and it should appear, but you may have to wait longer than the stated 24 hours :thumbsup:

Mr Teatime;7406429

I used Gaming Mall yesterday to buy a 12 Month XBL Gold subscription and … I used Gaming Mall yesterday to buy a 12 Month XBL Gold subscription and was sent an invalid code. I expect I'll get nothing back from them nor Paypal.Beware.

had exactly the same happen ,you will get your money back from paypal ,i did

Sorry if this is a bump, but is there a final word on their legitimacy?

Hi,
    I just bought from them (after talking to them over the phone). Got the card in less then 20 minutes.
    After reading this thread I really did a long and deep research on them as I didn't want to lose my money.

Apparently, the site used to be owned by a company that wasn't so caring for customers. It had been bought by a fully stable and serious legitimate company on Feb 2010 (according to their site, the guy on the phone and the who is data).

The guy told me that they had replaced the whole shop system, put more security measures in place and shortened delivery times. From my experiance - they are really good and reliable now (under this new ownership). They even have a London sales phone number and a live chat added (they didn't have that last time I visited them).
    They have a full time support staff in place and a really fast response time (I know, I used them...).

To summarize: I loved their service, new ownership seems to have done miracles to the site and service so I highly recommend them!

I was a bit suspicious of this site - but I wanted a 12 month membership that worked with a US membership - worked fine - took about 30 minutes in total
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone else find Playerunknown super addictive but soooo frustrating44
      2. word association Game72844178
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30114
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30400

See more discussions