1. Tes Deals
Groups

Anyone used in store Tesco Travel Insurance?

Just purchased the 1 week in Euro for a family from Tesco store.
    It asked me at the till what month of travel it is, So told them may.
    Came to register online and It asked who was travelling and their age, But no dates what so ever.
    Also hubby turns 31 half way through holiday. Should i put 30 down as thats his age at start of travel?

Is it normal for them not to want any dates, just a month for travel?

7 Comments

Banned

they always need dates. What / Who asked you at the till?

how much was the quote as tescos are normally a complete rip-off for insurance.

Original Poster

It was £35 for the week Euro for the family of 5. But I had my staff discount and a £4 voucher. so worked out at £27.50.
    The till asked the checkout girl to ask me what month I was travelling so told her May. and then came home registered online and it didnt ask for dates at all.

csiman

they always need dates. What / Who asked you at the till?how much was the … they always need dates. What / Who asked you at the till?how much was the quote as tescos are normally a complete rip-off for insurance.

This ^^^^^

Banned

beth3735

It was £35 for the week Euro for the family of 5. But I had my staff … It was £35 for the week Euro for the family of 5. But I had my staff discount and a £4 voucher. so worked out at £27.50.The till asked the checkout girl to ask me what month I was travelling so told her May. and then came home registered online and it didnt ask for dates at all.

As I said, a complete rip-off

c.£10 for a family for a week here:-

moneysavingexpert.com/ins…?dd

Original Poster

csiman

As I said, a complete rip-offc.£10 for a family for a week … As I said, a complete rip-offc.£10 for a family for a week here:-http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/cheap-travel-insurance?dd#family

I just wont tell the husband! lol I did call them in the end and they said its how they work. We do not give dates. We are covered for the whole month but for just a week, so they wont to know dates. Thats strange to me. But as long as kids are covered incase of illness then im happy

Banned

beth3735

I just wont tell the husband! lol I did call them in the end and they … I just wont tell the husband! lol I did call them in the end and they said its how they work. We do not give dates. We are covered for the whole month but for just a week, so they wont to know dates. Thats strange to me. But as long as kids are covered incase of illness then im happy

you do have the right to cancel for a full refund I believe (within 14 days)

I personally have no time for Tesco Insurance.after their shameful handling of our claim. In short, wife had miscarriage 2 weeks prior to holiday. Tesco requested loads of 'evidence', including a letter from the GP, then dragged it out for 5 months and even sent us a letter accusing us of fraud. Their letter was actually the only thing that got us a payout ( approx 70% of what we paid ) as they realised that the letter itself was a load of cobblers. I'm sure there'll be plenty who can vouch for them but I wouldn't touch their insurance arm with a big stick.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism35

See more discussions