Groups

Anyone used Natwest mastercard on Android Pay?

I have the natwest bank app and I see an advert for Android pay on there but it mentions that I can add my debit card to Android pay and does not mention the Natwest mastercard. When I looked at Natwest Android pay on google it states that you can add your Natwest mastercard.

I have never seen anyone use Android pay at the shops before. Do you guys use android pay?

7 Comments

There's no harm in trying to add it.

I use Android Pay all the time, it has become a habit for everything under £30.

I work for the Co-op, and when I'm serving on the tills I must say Android Pay works far better than Apple Pay. Android Pay is nearly always faster than Apple Pay.

Original Poster

preecey

There's no harm in trying to add it.I use Android Pay all the time, it … There's no harm in trying to add it.I use Android Pay all the time, it has become a habit for everything under £30.I work for the Co-op, and when I'm serving on the tills I must say Android Pay works far better than Apple Pay. Android Pay is nearly always faster than Apple Pay.

I use contactless card payment all the time now. I will try to add my mastercard. No harm as you say. It is odd that I have never seen anyone use android pay in the shops, must be quite new.

My only concern is that it will tempt people to steal your mobile phone, which is already tempting as it is, without this extra incentive. What is your view on this?

mutley141 m ago

I use contactless card payment all the time now. I will try to add my …I use contactless card payment all the time now. I will try to add my mastercard. No harm as you say. It is odd that I have never seen anyone use android pay in the shops, must be quite new.My only concern is that it will tempt people to steal your mobile phone, which is already tempting as it is, without this extra incentive. What is your view on this?

Android Pay doesn't work until you've unlocked your phone using your fingerprint, pattern or PIN. When it's unlocked, you can then tap your phone at any time (no need to open the Android Pay app, it just works from the homescreen).

Similar story with Apple Pay, as long as you have the app open and have touched your finger on the reader or keep your finger on the scanner while tapping the phone on the contactless terminal, it will work. It won't work when the phone is locked or when your fingerprint isn't recognised.

Because Android Pay is simpler in that you can tap your phone at any time after it's unlocked, it speeds up the process. Because Apple phones have temperamental fingerprint sensors I often find people having to try a few times for it to work, which defeats the object.

But yeah, don't worry about losing your phone, because thieves will not be able to use Android Pay without unlocking the device first.

Original Poster

preecey1 h, 2 m ago

Android Pay doesn't work until you've unlocked your phone using your …Android Pay doesn't work until you've unlocked your phone using your fingerprint, pattern or PIN. When it's unlocked, you can then tap your phone at any time (no need to open the Android Pay app, it just works from the homescreen).Similar story with Apple Pay, as long as you have the app open and have touched your finger on the reader or keep your finger on the scanner while tapping the phone on the contactless terminal, it will work. It won't work when the phone is locked or when your fingerprint isn't recognised.Because Android Pay is simpler in that you can tap your phone at any time after it's unlocked, it speeds up the process. Because Apple phones have temperamental fingerprint sensors I often find people having to try a few times for it to work, which defeats the object.But yeah, don't worry about losing your phone, because thieves will not be able to use Android Pay without unlocking the device first.

This is then the issue for me as i do not lock my phone as i dont like having to unlock it to use. So i would have to lock my phone if i set up android pay. Bummer. Would the app work if there is no data inside the shop as i find that most shop buildings block my EE data signal

preecey

Android Pay doesn't work until you've unlocked your phone using your … Android Pay doesn't work until you've unlocked your phone using your fingerprint, pattern or PIN. When it's unlocked, you can then tap your phone at any time (no need to open the Android Pay app, it just works from the homescreen).Similar story with Apple Pay, as long as you have the app open and have touched your finger on the reader or keep your finger on the scanner while tapping the phone on the contactless terminal, it will work. It won't work when the phone is locked or when your fingerprint isn't recognised.Because Android Pay is simpler in that you can tap your phone at any time after it's unlocked, it speeds up the process. Because Apple phones have temperamental fingerprint sensors I often find people having to try a few times for it to work, which defeats the object.But yeah, don't worry about losing your phone, because thieves will not be able to use Android Pay without unlocking the device first.

​Android pay should work fine if you wake screen. For some this is just a push of power button. No unlock needed. If you want to pay over £30 then you need a finger print or unlock pattern but im not sure any shops accept over £30 Nfc payment yet?

mutley140 m ago

This is then the issue for me as i do not lock my phone as i dont like …This is then the issue for me as i do not lock my phone as i dont like having to unlock it to use. So i would have to lock my phone if i set up android pay. Bummer. Would the app work if there is no data inside the shop as i find that most shop buildings block my EE data signal

Yes, it works without any signal. When you get a signal, you'll have a notification which states how much you spent and where.

Original Poster

preecey50 m ago

Yes, it works without any signal. When you get a signal, you'll have a …Yes, it works without any signal. When you get a signal, you'll have a notification which states how much you spent and where.

Thanks for the info
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?33
      2. Tooth extraction99
      3. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611
      4. Amazon prime subscribe & save47

See more discussions