Groups

Anyone used prolong oil

prolong-uk.com/

I don't get what it means by 'life time' gurantee.

That mean it will last the life of the car?

5 Comments

The oil is gauranteed to not wear out the engine components, so if you're using the oil and some part of the engine fails in a lubrication related matter then you will get your money back.

Original Poster

Tatey;5390734

The oil is gauranteed to not wear out the engine components, so if you're … The oil is gauranteed to not wear out the engine components, so if you're using the oil and some part of the engine fails in a lubrication related matter then you will get your money back.

Is it worth sticking in your engine? Or is it little overpriced for the average car?

Seems a bit expensive if you ask me. When have you heard of an engine failing on an oil related matter other than it hadnt been changed/topped up?

Original Poster

Tatey;5390748

Seems a bit expensive if you ask me. When have you heard of an engine … Seems a bit expensive if you ask me. When have you heard of an engine failing on an oil related matter other than it hadnt been changed/topped up?

Engine wear related. So its a good con really.

I wouldn't use any of this stuff tbh. Regular servicing with oe spec oil is adequate imo.

Their guarantee makes interesting reading though. I don't think anyone would ever be successful making a claim. They are based in Berkshire but if you claim is accepted they would send you a "check"

It's probably some yank product the company are trying to market.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2494
      2. Cat Chat76734
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1725

See more discussions