Expired

Anyone used quotemehappy.com for car insurance?

Found 11th Aug 2012
Hi All,

My car insurance is up soon and was looking around. Cheapest quote is £930 and most are between this and £1200. However, quotemehappy.com are offering me it for £660. Has anyone used or heard of them? I know aviva used to use that phrase but I don't think it is them. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Community Updates
42 Comments
Not too sure about the company but you were right aout the AViva bit. They're a registered trademark of Aviva:

Read Trademarks Paragraph
It is Aviva.
I have just changed to them for the same reason (price) from Aviva. They are a part of Aviva, same insurance conditions and cover. Aviva denied this when I spoke to them but it is stated on all the documents that they are part of Aviva. They are internet based though.
Original Poster
Under the "about us" bit on their website they definetely say they're Aviva. I know companies can remain different but my renewal with Aviva came back at £1800, slightly different from apparently the same company offering it for £660?
I can confirm Quote Me Happy is Aviva
amurray88

Under the "about us" bit on their website they definetely say they're … Under the "about us" bit on their website they definetely say they're Aviva. I know companies can remain different but my renewal with Aviva came back at £1800, slightly different from apparently the same company offering it for £660?

Yes they are Aviva under another name. If you are happy with the price then take it as they are very good if in an accident.
quotemehappy just quotedmeunhappy by £200
try swiftcover.
less q's less hassle
My insurance is with quote me happy as well, they were £250 for a full year most other looking around the £400 swift cover was cheaper for me but by the time I added on the hire car that I wanted they were more expensive.
Original Poster
Swift cover have quoted me very unhappy because they declined to quote me! I think they only like safe drivers and unfortunately although I have 2years no claims apparently a 23year old male driving a new BMW doesnt count as safe. Rather silly if you ask me.
Yep, changed to quotemehappy for insurance just last month... asda wanted about same as last year for cover even though I now have 3 years NCB for renewal... paid approx £150 less by going with the above and have protected NCB now (only company to offer it that I've found with only 3 years NCB) and only £50 compulsory excess to pay in the event some other idiot crashes into me and claims 50/50. Had to send proof of NCB, but just scanned my renewal invitation from asda and e-mailed them.. very straight forward
Was about to go with them as they undercut everyone, but they refused to protect my NCD so I went with Asda who did for not much more, plus threw breakdown cover into the bargain for free.
If you're with aviva, can you go with quotemehappy? Or are they the same company ie. not a subsidiary.
Badders256

If you're with aviva, can you go with quotemehappy? Or are they the same … If you're with aviva, can you go with quotemehappy? Or are they the same company ie. not a subsidiary.

Not sure what you mean, but I was with Aviva then when renewal came up they were very expensive, so I changed to quotemehappy as they were a lot cheaper. They are a seperate company, but are part of Aviva. This is from documents from them. Quote me happy insurance is a trading name of Aviva Insurance Limited.
Peegy

I have just changed to them for the same reason (price) from Aviva. They … I have just changed to them for the same reason (price) from Aviva. They are a part of Aviva, same insurance conditions and cover. Aviva denied this when I spoke to them but it is stated on all the documents that they are part of Aviva. They are internet based though.

Interesting how companies work nowadays. I just checked who is quotemehappy.com registered to and it turns out that the registrant of the domain is:
AVIVA PLC (AVIVAPLC2976)
ST HELEN'S 1 UNDERSHAFT
LONDON, LONDON, EC3P 3DQ
GB

Another thing is that Aviva does not use its own brand on the price comparison sites such as Confused.com or comparethemarket.com but instead sells policies under the Quote Me Happy brand.

My renewal quote from Aviva last year was well over £1200 yet Quote Me Happy came with £680 for the same cover.
It feels like a huge mark up for having know brand name on your policy and access to a call centre.oO
Edited by: "markinldn" 23rd Jan 2013
Original Poster
This thread is very old now but I hope this info helps someone.... Aviva quoted me £1800, quotemehappy quoted me £660. I phoned Aviva and said another company had given me a better quote. They asked what company and what the quote was...I said quotemehappy and £660. The guy went away and came back and said they can do it for £638. Can't quite understand the logic behind it all but amazing to think they can do it.
my son went with this company ,had a accident not his fault ,other drivers insurance paid up.quotemehappy then took away his two years ncb,have emailed them three times to ask why they did this,they refuse to reply to my emails,i would not use this company.have phoned aviva to help me but again no reply.i will not give up there must be away to connect this company.
Hi, it is Aviva.
To everyone saying that Quote Me Happy is Aviva - this is not quite true, and if you call Aviva and ask to speak to someone from QMH, they won't put you through. QMH are an online-only insurance company just like Swift Cover. They are a subsidiary of Aviva, so are not Aviva per se - Aviva owns them but they are run as a separate company. This is a good thing however as it means that they are backed by a very big insurance company. It's worth noting as well that Swift Cover is a subsidiary of Axa, another insurance giant - QMH is Aviva's entry into the online insurance industry.

The advantages of an online-only company is that the quotes are typically far cheaper. I went with QMH last year because they were over £200 cheaper than the next closest. I will probably renew with them again this year because again they are about £100 cheaper than anyone else. The reason why they tend to be cheaper is that the costs of running an online-only company are far lower - you need far fewer staff, for example they don't have large teams of salespeople to pay because they only sell their deals through their website and aggregator sites (like GoCompare). Because their running costs are lower, their prices are typically cheaper. However, this is a double-edged sword - they expect you to do all the work, so they don't mail you your policy (you have to print it out yourself), and if you want to amend any details, or log a claim, you do it on their website. They do have a team of phone operatives, but this is a far smaller team because they don't want you to phone them. If memory serves, every time you call them, they charge you an administration fee, but it is free to make any changes through their website. I am not certain about this, but I know that is how Swift Cover work (and I have home insurance with them). When you join them, you get access to an online customer portal where you can manage all your policies. Personally, I prefer to be able to manage everything online. I used to be with Admiral and hated having to spend half an hour on hold to make a small change to my policy.

So, it's up to you to if you want to go with them - personally, i have been very happy with both QMH and SwiftCover. You have to decide if going with an online-only company is acceptable to you, or if you would prefer a company with a telephone-based customer care team. In terms of risk, there is no more risk than going with Aviva or Axa - you'll be fine.
Paid about £350 for my insurance last year (1st September), changed cars in March and paid about £80 extra for new car to cover me to renewal. Just done a quote on their site to see what they would want. Only £1,800.00!!!!! I am sooo happy right now.
Totally uncontactable. I have 5 years ncb , they have not sent me confirmation (I was with them for a year) and cannot get in touch with them at all.Also watch for annoying caveats in agreement like automatic renewal (you are charged if you dont renew with them.....!!!!!)
Be very careful your not on automatic renewal with quote me happy, they are supposed to send you a renewal notice 28days beforehand they didnt, only 4 days notice!! I could easily have missed email and had automatic renewal, I found cheaper by £60 at sheilas wheels! Also cannot get my NCB info off website only last years have had to email them after searching for hours for renewal notice which I still cannot find!
redshoes111

Totally uncontactable. I have 5 years ncb , they have not sent me … Totally uncontactable. I have 5 years ncb , they have not sent me confirmation (I was with them for a year) and cannot get in touch with them at all.Also watch for annoying caveats in agreement like automatic renewal (you are charged if you dont renew with them.....!!!!!)

If you log into your QMH account you can download it yourself. It's where you find your documents.
Its last years NCB!!! A year out of date.
unless they update it at the end of insurance period??
I have emailed them so I have to wait to see if they reply
Banned
gezza13

Its last years NCB!!! A year out of date. unless they update it at the … Its last years NCB!!! A year out of date. unless they update it at the end of insurance period?? I have emailed them so I have to wait to see if they reply

of course they update it at the end oO
Hi

Anyone looking to take out inurance with Quote Me Happy.... DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

The reason they are cheaper then competitors is because they have no call centres and any queries you have must be asked, and responded to via email.

ALL emails they send back are standard templates.

I have also had an issue with my direct debits 5 months in a row where QMH cancelled the direct debit, i then asked them to reinstate this which they dually advised they had done. COme the next month, exactly the same scenario!

This has gone on for 5 motnhs now and they are now threatening to cancel my policy and take legal action against me for an error that originally occcured there end and a resolution I was advised had been done (but clearly not) 5 motnhs in a row.!

My credit rating has also been affected by this.

Anyone who can afford to pay the extra £50-£100 to go with another company i would 100% do it! atleast you can speak to a human!!!!
What non of you all know if that if you claim through your own insurance company for an accident that is NOT your fault your insurance company put your premiums up so it will be a lot more expensive following year for renewal. Also your own insurance company always refer you to a credit hire company and pay the credit hire company £300 which means you will be stung by the credit hire company and also by your own insurance company!!your never safe with your own insurance company!
Should be called quote me UNHAPPY, I have had a car policy for 1 year and did make 1 claim for a windscreen. Come renewal the price went from £200 odd to over £400 and that is with over 9 years NCD and no motoring convictions ever. Worst of all though is the pay monthly APR rate of over 30% apr. Needless to say I have changed to Direct line at less than £200 for better cover.
I won’t be back Aviva or quote me UNHAPPY.
Was with them for two years they are part of Aviva but I got a cheaper quote direct with Aviva plus £60 quidco.
gezza13

Be very careful your not on automatic renewal with quote me happy, they … Be very careful your not on automatic renewal with quote me happy, they are supposed to send you a renewal notice 28days beforehand they didnt, only 4 days notice!! I could easily have missed email and had automatic renewal, I found cheaper by £60 at sheilas wheels! Also cannot get my NCB info off website only last years have had to email them after searching for hours for renewal notice which I still cannot find!

Once you cancel with them then I give you your NCD certificate. You can download and also have it emailed.
I had insurance for a month. I submitted my NCD information and they kept saying they could not read it so they cancelled my policy and charged me £53 on doing so. They have no communication at all as they have no telephone number to speak to anyone and their email links for replying back is a file directory not found so it seems they are a scam to me. DONT GO NEAR THEM.
my Hastings renewal came in at 628 ... QMH came in at 390 woohoo
If you use "quote me happy" the very best of luck to you, I've been with them for a couple of years now , the second year by ransom. didn't want to stay with them as they were a pain to contact. I had already told them that I didn't want to renew by email and never heard a thing from them so I thought that was that. BUT NO , As far as they were concerned if its not confirmed then it didn't happen and they carry on insuring you by default. Then when you do get hold of them to cancel its something like £50 pounds plus any time on cover used. Equally should you cancel at some time during your cover its again £50 pound approx. plus as you have paid for the year you don't get back any part year not used. Also you cant it seems to be able to tell them that you don't want the following years cover anything sooner than 60 days DONT GO NEAR THEM OR YOUR IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT Plus I cant wait to see how long it takes me to get my NCD prof from them . I wish Id never heard of them
My son used them (he's 26, insurance is pricey for him, and they offered the best price). My OH and I were worried after having read online reviews of QMH, but I have to say they have been superb. Another driver shot across a junction, drove into him and wrote my son's vehicle off. That was at 11am. Our local garage recovered the vehicle from the scene (it's just round the corner from where the accident happened) and my son reported reported the accident to QMH at 11.30 am by phone. They were great on the phone; by 3pm that day a brand new courtesy car pulled up on the drive (20 miles on the clock - we live out in the sticks a good 45 mins away from the depot); the following day the assessor had been out to the vehicle; within three days my son had been told his vehicle would be written off. Within two weeks, they'd dealt with everything and the settlement they offered for his old car was above what the dealership had told us was the sort of price to expect. He chose and bought a new car, and when he went back to insure the replacement car, they simply changed the vehicle details (and actually gave him a small reimbursement!).
DO NOT USE QUOTE ME HAPPY!!!! Such bad service. I mostly done all of the work, calling and emailing and got the typical "we will contact you tomorrow." and got no response and neither did I to my complaint emails. Ended up waiting a month before the claim was processed properly.
amurray88

Hi All,My car insurance is up soon and was looking around. Cheapest … Hi All,My car insurance is up soon and was looking around. Cheapest quote is £930 and most are between this and £1200. However, quotemehappy.com are offering me it for £660. Has anyone used or heard of them? I know aviva used to use that phrase but I don't think it is them. Can anyone help?Thanks!

ive been with them for 3 years now,never a problem,had 1 claim dealt with fast and efficient and only 50 quid excess,also renewal was cheaper this year.
I have been wit Quote me happy with past two years. It is a part of Aviva. They are web based company and cheapest so far. In case of claim they have a team that you can contact on phone who help and I had no problems
you register , log in and monitor your account like you do with the cheap energy companies. You print your documents . You really do not need someone to post them to you.
In case of renewal they send you a notice and renew if you instruct. Make sure you tick the box " do not renew automatically" when you buy first time
Hi, I just signed up to them last week and already I am regretting it. I cannot upload my NCD document using the app as it keep saying that there is an "internal server error" and on my laptop it says my (pdf) file type is not allowed even though on their web site it says otherwise. I have sent three emails but no response. This morning I got an email saying that if I don't send the NCD by next week they will cancel my insurance and charge me £ 50. You cannot talk to anyone which is extremely frustrating. My advice - use any other insurance company !!!
Hi everyone just a quick note I have just switched to quote me happy and saved a lot of money well over 100£. They are internet based but are easily accessible and provide cover for a very reasonable cost.
I am with Go Happy, the only thing is you cannot contact them. I have emailed many times to ask if my daughter can go onto the insurance for a month - but they do not respond! Doubt I will use them again

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants