Anyone used swisswatchesdirect.co.uk? Or can someone recommend a good site to buy a cheap ladies Tag Heuer watch?

Found 16th Feb 2015
Hi all. It's my girlfriend's 21st birthday coming up and I want to treat her to a Tag Heuer watch. I have come across a website called swisswatchesdirect.co.uk which offer quite substantial discounts on the watches. After reading reviews of the website it does indeed seem genuine, but wondered if anyone here has had any dealings with them?

If not, can anyone recommend a good seller of Tag Heuer watches for ladies? I must stress I do want the watch to be genuine!

Thanks
Community Updates
20 Comments
Have you tried Tag outlet store?
I highly recommend Iconic Watches (www.iconicwatches.co.uk). They are grey market bricks and mortar dealer but all watches are brand new with warranty card stamped by an Authorised Dealer.

Does it have to be Tag Heuer? As a Swiss watch collector I personally hate the brand.

Don't pay retail!

ashopaholic123

Half the price of retail in Tag outlet and you know it's genuine.
ive used tic watches in the past and they have been very good also you get 10.1% from topcashback
Original Poster
ashopaholic123

No I haven't been able to get to a Tag retail outlet yet.

DistortedVision

I highly recommend Iconic Watches (www.iconicwatches.co.uk). They are … I highly recommend Iconic Watches (www.iconicwatches.co.uk). They are grey market bricks and mortar dealer but all watches are brand new with warranty card stamped by an Authorised Dealer.Does it have to be Tag Heuer? As a Swiss watch collector I personally hate the brand.

Thanks I'll take a look at that website. Just out of interest, what's your aversion to Tag watches? I would consider other brands as well, it's just I know she likes them. Any other suggestions?
https://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.swisswatchesdirect.co.uk?page=17

EliTom

Reasons I hate Tag Heuer:

youtube.com/watch?v=zq2a1kx1j_M

Don't know what your budget is or what your girlfriends taste. But maybe something like the ladies Rolex Datejust.

ashopaholic123

DistortedVision

I highly recommend Iconic Watches (www.iconicwatches.co.uk). They are … I highly recommend Iconic Watches (www.iconicwatches.co.uk). They are grey market bricks and mortar dealer but all watches are brand new with warranty card stamped by an Authorised Dealer.Does it have to be Tag Heuer? As a Swiss watch collector I personally hate the brand.

Edited by: "DistortedVision" 16th Feb 2015
Original Poster
Ha ok will give that a watch. Sorry should have mentioned the budget is around £1,500. She likes relatively plain watches, nothing too fancy. And with a smallish face. Will take a look at the Rolex though thanks.
Less than half the price, Swiss-made, Stuhrling Original Emperor's Grandeur Skeleton watch is my recommendation. Still going strong, not a mark on the face and its had a fair few rattles tinkering with engines. Entertaining to watch the internals work when you're having a slow day in the office too :-)
If buying online, check they give you the paperwork before committing. Some sites like Watchsource retain it as they are not official resellers. I didn't check this before buying my F1 there a while back. That said it was a good price and I'm still happy with it
GrantG182

Less than half the price, Swiss-made, Stuhrling Original Emperor's … Less than half the price, Swiss-made, Stuhrling Original Emperor's Grandeur Skeleton watch is my recommendation. Still going strong, not a mark on the face and its had a fair few rattles tinkering with engines. Entertaining to watch the internals work when you're having a slow day in the office too :-)

swiss made ? are you sure

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/stuhrling-original-watches-612542.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/how-bad-can-part-3-stuhrling-original-692579.html

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 16th Feb 2015
elitom

swiss made ? are you sure

Both the retailer and manufacturer state Swiss-made, however, "made" also comes hand in hand with "assembled". Considering the World's largest Gold exporter is....you guessed it, China, I guess it wouldn't come as much of a shock if the vast majority of components in everything these days comes from China then assembled or re-packaged elsewhere in the World.

I've had knock-offs bought on holiday abroad and from Dodgy Dave, etc, before and none have lasted more than a month. I rarely take mine off, it's had a tough enough life and hasn't needed any work done on it - the internals don't (to my untrained eye) look cheap/faulty/missing parts - and has not gone more than a second out of time since I got it.

Would I expect better quality for £1000+ more? Almost certainly, but would I expect to pay x2+ the price for a Ford Mondeo with a Jaguar badge? No - but that's what you get anyway
Edited by: "GrantG182" 16th Feb 2015
GrantG182

Both the retailer and manufacturer state Swiss-made, however, "made" also … Both the retailer and manufacturer state Swiss-made, however, "made" also comes hand in hand with "assembled". Considering the World's largest Gold exporter is....you guessed it, China, I guess it wouldn't come as much of a shock if the vast majority of components in everything these days comes from China then assembled or re-packaged elsewhere in the World. I've had knock-offs bought on holiday abroad and from Dodgy Dave, etc, before and none have lasted more than a month. I rarely take mine off, it's had a tough enough life and hasn't needed any work done on it - the internals don't (to my untrained eye) look cheap/faulty/missing parts - and has not gone more than a second out of time since I got it.Would I expect better quality for £1000+ more? Almost certainly, but would I expect to pay x2+ the price for a Ford Mondeo with a Jaguar badge? No - but that's what you get anyway

I kind of agree but cannot find anywhere on stuhrling.com taht states the watches are Swiss made or even have Swiss movements

stuhrling.com/Men…tml shows a ST-91011 movement which is almost certainly Chinese, and I would be very surprised if a Swiss watch manufacturer would assemble a watch in Switzerland with a Chinese movement.

I have had fake knock offs in the past and had some very good copies but in teh last 5 years the quality has really fallen.

So yes watches like Stuhling can be considered and may well represent good value for money - but they are what they are - not a genuine Swiss watch !!! and in many cases it is pot luck whether you get a good one or a dog !!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/how-bad-can-part-3-stuhrling-original-692579.html

EliTom

I have a Tag Aquaracer 500m, the watch looks lovely but the quality is poor. Suggest you look at Omega, Oris etc.
bought 3 watches through them.. no problems at all
Original Poster
deebo007

I have a Tag Aquaracer 500m, the watch looks lovely but the quality is … I have a Tag Aquaracer 500m, the watch looks lovely but the quality is poor. Suggest you look at Omega, Oris etc.

Thanks for that, will also take a look at some others.

w1nd

bought 3 watches through them.. no problems at all

Glad to hear you've had a good experience with them, I don't think I'd have any issues ordering from them now after seeing what a good reputation they seem to have.
DistortedVision

Can you recommend anywhere for Omega? I'm in the market for a Speedmaster Moon Watch.

I pretty much recommend Iconic for every brand. I bought most of my collection including my Speedmaster from Iconic.

airbus330

Can you recommend anywhere for Omega? I'm in the market for a Speedmaster … Can you recommend anywhere for Omega? I'm in the market for a Speedmaster Moon Watch.

DistortedVision

I pretty much recommend Iconic for every brand. I bought most of my … I pretty much recommend Iconic for every brand. I bought most of my collection including my Speedmaster from Iconic.

Thanks for the reply.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants