Anyone used the-product.co.uk site?

Found 4th Jan 2013
Ive been looking for a rotary dryer and found one in argos so decided to see if i could find it cheaper elsewhere and the search came up with the-product.co.uk and its half the price!!

Just always dubious of sites Ive not used before...so anyone bought from them before?
Community Updates
Misc
23 Comments
It's a bit weird... I mean really, check out their range.
The 'claimed' Google Street View is vaguely interesting, it certainly does not look like a risk worth taking.
I never shop on websites with a hyphenated url.
Original Poster
Thanks everyone!!
We've done something similar to you - bought some furniture about two weeks ago that was cheaper from them than Argos. It arrived in a couple of days in Argos packaging that didn't seem to have been opened. However, the screws etc that are needed are missing and after one email saying they'd send them 'asap' they are now not answering emails...
Purchased a chest of drawers just after christmas, took 5 days to arrive but a couple of issues with it. Bottom of one of the drawers was missing and the top had no holes for the dowels/screws. Rang the number on the instruction manual but that took me to argos helpline! Sent a message via their online contact form, waited 48 hours and not had a reply. Sent an email today but not holding out much hope after reading this . But fingers crossed, i'll come back and update if it gets sorted.
Stay away. They are co artists. Ripped me off £130. They won't reply to emails. I'm doing claim via paypal. Just hoping they can get my money back. I am also going to trading standards about company. If anyone needs me to back up their claim against company I'm happy to do so and if in return if paypal need proof on the company then I would appreciate same gesture from others seeking their money back from company. My email is *******@hotmail.com
Edited by moderator: "email addy removed to save spam, use the PM system" 15th Jan 2013
An update on my previous post. After a number of emails and a threat to stop the payment via paypal, we got the parts that were missing from our order, so to be fair to them they did get it sorted for us, it just took a while. One point is that they only seemed to respond to emails sent through our account on the website and not replies to normal emails.

So, we've finally managed to get the furniture we wanted and a bit cheaper than from Argos, but it's taken a while and a lot of hassle.
Don't touch them with a barge pole - I ordered a bookcase and only half the order arrived. They are not replying to any emails so now plan to go to trading standards
i am so delightful and satisfy with the service and cheap price offered by the-product.

i received my item by online from the-product in very good condition. i will use this online website again and again.
jkerry

i am so delightful and satisfy with the service and cheap price offered … i am so delightful and satisfy with the service and cheap price offered by the-product.i received my item by online from the-product in very good condition. i will use this online website again and again.

Yeah right, you joined the site just to share that with us.

oO

Any pigs flying over your house?
Excellent price and excellent service by the-product.
danniajohnson

Excellent price and excellent service by the-product.

A member for 1 minute and your first post is this.
Banned
I ordered a treadmill from them, read this and freaked out a bit. I ordered it Saturday and it's only Monday so whilst it hasn't arrived yet I'm not too worried, I sent them an email as I hadn't had a confirmation and they replied first thing this morning with my order number confirming it has been received which is promising.

The street view thing was a bit strange as it takes you to a random house but if you look at the postcode it isn't the same one as on the website, I typed that postcode in and street view took me to a furniture clearance shop which looks massive and full of furniture & vans outside which is again promising!

I will update when it arrives
Banned
Update,

I got another email from them today saying it is being collected today and will be delivered tomorrow. It seems like quite an efficient service so far & quite fast too if ordered on a weekend late afternoon to be delivered on the Wednesday. Will update again if it turns up tomorrow.
LauraRobSamuelOscar

Update,I got another email from them today saying it is being collected … Update,I got another email from them today saying it is being collected today and will be delivered tomorrow. It seems like quite an efficient service so far & quite fast too if ordered on a weekend late afternoon to be delivered on the Wednesday. Will update again if it turns up tomorrow.

Thanks for jointing us just to tell us this, not suspicious at all..
Banned
Slinger55

Thanks for jointing us just to tell us this, not suspicious at all..

I do have another account I just couldn't remember the password as I very rarely use it, I understand it looks suspicious but the reason I wanted to post was because I was nervous after ordering it myself, googled it and this was the only site that came up with a review, just wanted to help people make an informed decision.

I did post another update but it's gone, basically saying that the order did arrive, what the place seems to be is a large warehouse that buys furniture and things from places like argos that is less than perfect or display items that they can't resell and sells them at a discounted price.

The treadmill I bought has bits of plastic broken on the bottom which don't affect the use however that is it. It WAS delivered on time too. It seems that others weren't as lucky and it should state on the website that this is the way it works & exactly what the problems are so people can make their choice based on this. It isn't a scam in the sense that they take the money and don't deliver the items though.

There isn't any real need to be sarcastic and rude.
I came across this thread after ordering a mirror from the product and thought I'd share my experience as there are so many negative reviews, just to balance it out.

I placed my order and received a confirmation email straight away. After 6 days I hadn't received the item and the delivery time said one week so I emailed them to check if it would be dispatched soon. They replied the same day to tell me it would be dispatched the following day, I then received a dispatched email and a delivery tracking email. The mirror was delivered 8 days after I placed my order.

I was happy with the communication and overall service. Great product too - the John Lewis red/coloured mirror is highly recommended. So hopefully this website has now ironed out any problems they must have had previously. Mine was a good experience and many thanks to the product.
Ive just bought a grandfather clock from them and it was fine for a grade B item.. a few little light scuffs but fixable with a furniture pen.. only took 3days to be delivered.. looks great ..id use them again ..no problems
deleted57959

so many new accounts from people so happy with the-product....

Yeah I know, seems legit.
do not use that company. this is total rip off. I have paid for a bed frame almost 190£. not only I have been waiting 8 weeks for delivery but the bed arrived damaged (scratches all over the boards, holes covered with some kind of plastic type) it looked as it was made of faulty recycled parts or a proper bed frame. to avoid a hustle of sending it back and paying a lot for delivery I decided to use it, but it fall apart just after few months of use.
I wish I had read the reviews before I ordered my heater. They said it was in stock and being delivered on such a date and I haven't received it. As they won't answer the phone or my emails I have now raised a Paypal dispute to see if I can get my money back. Fingers crossed.
Don't use the-product.co.uk !!! Rip off artists with useless customer service. They will take your money, not send you any product and then they are extremely rude when you try to query the whereabouts of the product. Stay well clear !!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions