Anyone used Ticket to world?

Found 25th Jul
I booked a flight to HK yesterday and then they sent me a request saying "Cardholder not identified" (after about four hours), and they asked me to send a copy of my passport that includes the signature, also they asked me to scan my card front and back AND also send a copy of my statement that shows the payment.

I'm not comfortable sending all this so I'm going to ignore them.

Although they said in the e-mail that if I don't supply the info they will cancel the flight and charge me £50 - I'm hoping they wont be able to do that if they don't have the correct payment details.

I did try to phone them and it goes through to a hard to understand Indian call centre. They just kept repeating that I need to send the documents, the Whois lookup says the website has been around for a while but doesn't provide much information.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
I personally would contact my card provider and ask for the sale to be cancelled. Explain that you are not comfortable supplying such data and feel it is a Phising scam. Then take it from there.
You’ll already have supplied address details. If you provide 2 copies of your signature, passport details inc photo and bank info. Before the week is out there will be 5 Bigfootpete’s
Even your bank won’t ask for the security number from your card.
Ouch thats a right pickle there you find yourself in, sorry to hear.

I have booked many times through TicketsToIndia who I think are part of the same group as TicketsToWorld - could even be just a different website name really to the world ones and so far they have been good - never had to share the sort of information they are asking you (which to be honest is a bit over the top and one I wouldn't recommend sharing as Oneday77 rightly also suggested).

If they wont budge then indeed contact your card provider - you should be covered by the distance selling rules and usual CC protection - so they should be able to cancel the transaction and ensure TicketsToWorld can't take money off you without your approval.
matwalaboy12 m ago

Ouch thats a right pickle there you find yourself in, sorry to hear.I have …Ouch thats a right pickle there you find yourself in, sorry to hear.I have booked many times through TicketsToIndia who I think are part of the same group as TicketsToWorld - could even be just a different website name really to the world ones and so far they have been good - never had to share the sort of information they are asking you (which to be honest is a bit over the top and one I wouldn't recommend sharing as Oneday77 rightly also suggested).If they wont budge then indeed contact your card provider - you should be covered by the distance selling rules and usual CC protection - so they should be able to cancel the transaction and ensure TicketsToWorld can't take money off you without your approval.

They are part of the same company - the guy provided me with an ATOL number which I looked up.
They haven't taken a payment yet, although they have suggested paying in to their bank account which I am also reluctant to do, as I will have no protection if it is fraudulent.
Bigfootpete9 m ago

They are part of the same company - the guy provided me with an ATOL …They are part of the same company - the guy provided me with an ATOL number which I looked up. They haven't taken a payment yet, although they have suggested paying in to their bank account which I am also reluctant to do, as I will have no protection if it is fraudulent.

Whoa, they want direct payment now too.
I'd take it up with ATOL then, sounds pretty dubious to me.
When you contact them, do you get the same person replying? Could they have a rogue element?
Oneday7723 m ago

Whoa, they want direct payment now too.I'd take it up with ATOL then, …Whoa, they want direct payment now too.I'd take it up with ATOL then, sounds pretty dubious to me. When you contact them, do you get the same person replying? Could they have a rogue element?

After a few e-mails back and forth and me entering my API details online, they seem to be satisfied.

It would have been easier if they had of just said they needed my API details (passport number & date of birth), which are unrelated to the payment...
Bigfootpete1 h, 22 m ago

After a few e-mails back and forth and me entering my API details online, …After a few e-mails back and forth and me entering my API details online, they seem to be satisfied. It would have been easier if they had of just said they needed my API details (passport number & date of birth), which are unrelated to the payment...

Well that’s better. Still might be worth querying it. Unless of course they need to manage any kind of Visa process for you as part of the visit.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants