Groups

Anyone used/heard of the website "Venture Direct"?

So i am trying to buy a new pair of headphones and i found that the V-Moda ZN's are fit for purpose although i noticed they are nearly £50 cheaper on this website compared to Amazon.
    I was wondering if anyone has ever used or heard about their services before?

17 Comments

Banned

No.oO

A general Google search doesn't fill me with hope, alarm bells would be ringing going off reviews and comments made about them. I personally wouldn't risk buying from them .... and you know what they say; if it looks too good to be true ... you know the rest :-) x

They would appear to be based in Hong Kong according to their website, so could be costly if you had to return damaged/faulty goods.
    Edited by: "Dlu" 11th Nov 2016

Yep i ordered my son a g shock watch as it was cheaper than anywhere else i used a credit card just in case so i could claim my money back if it was a scam but sure enough it arrived and all was fine with the watch, my only gripe was a little bit slow with delivery (the tracking info seemed to suggest it was posted from france ) but i would use them again
    Edited by: "ding" 11th Nov 2016

Enter its URL into Scam Advisor

Original Poster

claire7519

Enter its URL into Scam Advisor

Thanks, i checked and they seem to be legit.

Original Poster

Dlu

A general Google search doesn't fill me with hope, alarm bells would be … A general Google search doesn't fill me with hope, alarm bells would be ringing going off reviews and comments made about them. I personally wouldn't risk buying from them .... and you know what they say; if it looks too good to be true ... you know the rest :-) xThey would appear to be based in Hong Kong according to their website, so could be costly if you had to return damaged/faulty goods.

I did contact them via Live Chat and they said they do not have any stores in the UK. But they claim their products are 100% genuine. Never the less i think i will give them a shot.

I am trying to find out where my item is. I ordered a lens over two weeks ago and became concerned quite soon that the tracking information didn't ring true. My emails received no reply so I tried using the on line system and obtained the Royal Mail tracking number. This told me that Royal mail had received the "Pre-advice" but had not recieved any actual parcel, while the Smooth Parcel tracking provided by Venture Direct claims that it was on the plane 9 days ago and was passed to Royal Mail 5 days ago. This I know to be a lie. I telephoned and was assured that I would have a response within the day, I did not, they did send me the Royal Mail tracking number I had previously obtained which advanced the situation not one jot.It may yet arrive and it may not, but I will most certainly not be using them again.

I bought a watch - 2 weeks later I have no watch and they don't respond to emails. Have contacted my bank about fraud. AVOID.

Have nothing to do with this company. I ordered a new phone, they took the money out of my account almost immediately. Two months later after many phone calls, live chats etc i still had not received my phone. They insisted on a photo of my credit card which I foolishly gave! They insisted on photographic ID which I did not give and copies of utility bills which I did not give, they had already taken my money! I cancelled my order and would suggest they are very suspicious!

Michelle11111111

Have nothing to do with this company. I ordered a new phone, they took … Have nothing to do with this company. I ordered a new phone, they took the money out of my account almost immediately. Two months later after many phone calls, live chats etc i still had not received my phone. They insisted on a photo of my credit card which I foolishly gave! They insisted on photographic ID which I did not give and copies of utility bills which I did not give, they had already taken my money! I cancelled my order and would suggest they are very suspicious!

Michelle did they refund your money? Please answer!Thank you!

madalina012

Michelle did they refund your money? Please answer!Thank you!

Doubt it very much. They look like a scam company to me, based in Hong Kong & not the UK as the website suggests.
    DO NOT send them photo ID or any other personal info. 100% scam.
    Edited by: "OldEnglish" 18th Jul

Is there any chance to have my money back?

dont use them ...their 'live chat' system is a call centre...their telephone number is a call centre...I am in the process of my bank getting my money back via visa....I reviewed the camera I wanted....but didnt review the company....I have learnt a very big lesson

I have ordered a mobile phone on their website. Have been told takes 2-3 business days to dispatch and 6-8 business days to receive it. Haven't received any updates for 22 days. Had to call customer service from UK to Hong Kong. I was told by a customer service lady my phone has not been ordered yet by a mistake. She said will drop me a mail in 24-48 hours. Another 2 days waiting. Nothing.
    Had to contact customer service again in live chat, as I didn't want to wait 15-20 minutes for the operator again. Had to cancel my order, as I didn't want to wait about 3 weeks to receive it. So never again. Avoid even their prices look good!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE VENTURE DIRECT !!!!!!!
    I ordered a watch on their website and I had nothing but trouble receiving the watch and being ripped off for extra money for a 3 to 6 day delivery.
    It was £11.95 for standard delivery or £21.95 for 3 to 6 day delivery. The watch was for my brothers 60th Birthday a week later.
    It took 20 days to receive the watch !!! and only when i told them I'de put it in the hands of my bank !!!
    I've sent numerous emails trying to retrieve the extra money that i'de paid for delivery, but they have totally ignored them.
    Do not use VENTURE DIRECT. There are a lot of really bad reviews on the "TRUSTPILOT" review website !!!

DON'T use this scam site !!!! I ordered one week ago and my order is still processed. I paid extra for 3-6 day delivery. They No't answer on e-mails !!! Will go to bank and report for scam

DON'T use this scam site !!!! I ordered one week ago and my order is still processed. I paid extra for 3-6 day delivery. They No't answer on e-mails !!! Will go to bank and report for scam
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need Bright Red Exterior Paint. HELP!!33
      2. Do you turn clothes inside out before washing?1827
      3. Barcelona to Lloreta de mar33
      4. Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue34

See more discussions