Expired

Anyone using IPVanish in UK via sky BB not able to connect?

Found 8th Sep 2017Edited by:"Pateo"
I've been trying to connect to my active IPVanish VPN but it's not having any of it via my sky BB, only started problems today!
Solved now!
No it's not on, I've got ipvanish working via my Xiaomi router again now! Problem was password! Under control settings I had my sky router password instead of my ipvanish password! I don't know why but I've had sky router password used since may this year! But for some reason it wasn't accepting anymore sink just decided to try my ipvanish password, now it works again, go figure !!!!! Thanks for any help and suggestions
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
I can't even get IPVanish website to load up, keeps timing out!
Google report "This site can’t be reachedsupport.ipvanish.com took too long to respond."
Edited by: "Pateo" 8th Sep 2017
I'm with SKY and the link in your first comment opens for me.
Skaman12 m ago

I'm with SKY and the link in your first comment opens for me.

I've just got IPVanish website working but only after I switched my sky WiFi off and used my THREE Data Sim, so I'm thinking sky has blocked me out of IPVanish?
Can't really help, I'm with BT and use IPVanish and haven't noticed any problems.
Working for me, I'm on sky, Have you disabled broadband shield?.
If Sky were blocking it, I'd expect a redirect page explaining the block, sounds more like a routing or DNS issue, ring Sky support and ask, there are countless valid reasons for using a VPN.
.MUFC.1 h, 7 m ago

Working for me, I'm on sky, Have you disabled broadband shield?.

I shall check that but I don't think its ever been enabled!
PKRichie1 h, 0 m ago

If Sky were blocking it, I'd expect a redirect page explaining the block, …If Sky were blocking it, I'd expect a redirect page explaining the block, sounds more like a routing or DNS issue, ring Sky support and ask, there are countless valid reasons for using a VPN.

I use a xiaomi router which is connected via ethernet cable to my sky router, xiaomi router has a settings page with vpn setup for IPVanish, I have to use miwifi.com app to connect to vpn which usually connects instantly but this time it's just keeps disconnecting! I've tried switching xiaomi and sky router off and on then reconnecting but vpn will not connect! I messaged IPVanish they initially said that sky maybe blocking vpn! IPVanish works fine when using kodi addons via my 3 data sim on my nexus tablet via IPVanish app!
31931801-5Lt6i.jpg
any settings info that you can read is as it's been since I first setup router, so there is no reason that I know as why it should of stopped working?
Edited by: "Pateo" 8th Sep 2017
Pateo35 m ago

I shall check that but I don't think its ever been enabled!

They randomly enabled it on mine.
.MUFC.22 m ago

They randomly enabled it on mine.

I take it I've not subscribed to it judging by this page?
31932189-LvH7Z.jpg
You definitely got sky shield on, that's why you can't get ipvanish Web page...Try changing back to your old sky router log in and deactivate your sky bb shield....or ring them up and do it on phone.
Adam7861232 h, 57 m ago

You definitely got sky shield on, that's why you can't get ipvanish Web …You definitely got sky shield on, that's why you can't get ipvanish Web page...Try changing back to your old sky router log in and deactivate your sky bb shield....or ring them up and do it on phone.

No it's not on, I've got ipvanish working via my Xiaomi router again now! Problem was password! Under control settings I had my sky router password instead of my ipvanish password! I don't know why but I've had sky router password used since may this year! But for some reason it wasn't accepting anymore sink just decided to try my ipvanish password, now it works again, go figure !!!!! Thanks for any help and suggestions.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants