anyone who has installed windows to asda laptop UPDATED new problem

ok so doing the run promt thing now but it came up saying

target volumes will be updated with NTLDR compatible barcode.

could not map drive partitions to the associated volume device objects: access is denied

any ideas?? cheers

9 Comments

I don't think you've selected your USB stick so that's why it can't find it. You need to select your USB stick from the drop down box (next to refresh button) then it should work.

P.S. It should be E:\ or F:\ drive and it it's a 1gb pen it should be 1024Mb not 4020Mb like in the picture

Original Poster

nope on the click down it just has no usb discs found

I had this exact problem - are you using Vista? if so you need to make sure that you run the program in administrator mode - just the pen drive program, if you try and run the other program in admin mode it will not work. I am presuming you are using pe to usb? just right click it and choose run as aministrator and it should find your pen drive

Original Poster

spic;4181496

I had this exact problem - are you using Vista? if so you need to make … I had this exact problem - are you using Vista? if so you need to make sure that you run the program in administrator mode - just the pen drive program, if you try and run the other program in admin mode it will not work. I am presuming you are using pe to usb? just right click it and choose run as aministrator and it should find your pen drive

i am using vista but the rest of what u said sounded french to me how do i run in admin mode? sorry not the best with computers just know the basics :oops:

Original Poster

oh my god u are the best i did it lets hope i dont have any more hiccups the rest of the way if i do i will be messaging u if thats ok rep left

bellows;4181654

oh my god u are the best i did it lets hope i dont have any more hiccups … oh my god u are the best i did it lets hope i dont have any more hiccups the rest of the way if i do i will be messaging u if thats ok rep left

yea, no probs, should be around for a while

Original Poster

ok so doing the run promt thing now but it came up saying

target volumes will be updated with NTLDR compatible barcode.

could not map drive partitions to the associated volume device objects: access is denied

any ideas?? cheers

Banned

Spriggan are you still with iptorrents? I need an invite!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Good Sim only deals??57
    2. Digital ps4 games22
    3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER45
    4. Virgin Media when moving house58

See more discussions