Anyone who has "Which?" account and is willing to share some info about 4 child car seats?

Found 1st Jan 2011
I'm after buying a 1/2/3 group car seat but can't choose between these 4 car seats:
- graco nautilus
- britax evolva plus
- jane montecarlo r1 + xtend highback booster
- kiddicare-branded super car

I can find lots of info about the Britax (reviews are quite good), however can't find anything about the jane montecarlo one (+ xtend attachment) as well as info about graco nautilus is also very scarce. I've tried foreign test sites (like adac.de) but I usually find only britax/romer models in there ...

Thank you in advance!
Community Updates
MiscCarCar Seat
7 Comments
Cabriofix with Easyfix base GBP226.00
Typical price - what is this?

Front crash: 5 stars
Side crash: 4 stars
Overall safety: 5 stars
Fitting in car: 5 stars
82% Best buy
Britax BABY-SAFE plus (Isofix) Britax
BABY-SAFE plus (Isofix) GBP180.00

81% Best buy
Volvo Infant seat Volvo
Infant seat GBP197.00

81% Best buy
Graco Logico S HP Graco
Logico S HP GBP70.00

Side crash: 5 stars
Fitting in car: 4 stars
80% Best buy
Maxi Cosi Pebble (Familyfix base) Maxi Cosi
Pebble (Familyfix base) GBP285.00

Overall safety: 4 stars
79% Best buy
Kiddy Energy Pro Kiddy
Energy Pro GBP169.00

Front crash: 4 stars
Overall safety: 4 stars
79% Best buy
Brio Primo Isofix Brio
Primo Isofix GBP175.00

79% Best buy

Original Poster
Thank you!
However, I don't see any results regarding the 4 car seats I've pointed ... I know that maxi-cosi & kiddy has both wonderful results but they're well over 200 quids while my budget is ~100-120. Also, graco logico s is different than nautilus model as well as britax baby safe plus is different than evolva 1-2-3 plus.

Let me find the "dummy" pages if there are any on the which site and will post them here ... brb and 10x again!
I can't see any reviews on Which for the 4 you're looking at.
Original Poster
hard luck ... I thought subscribers have access to more info

anyway, can I at least have the info about this one:
Jane Montecarlo Plus Isofix
i copied and pasted the top results for you earlier. but here is the one you're interested in ~

This Group 2/3 child car seat is designed to carry children forward-facing from 15 to 36kg (around four to 12 years-old). The Jané Montecarlo Plus can be secured using the Isofix mounts or the adult seat belt. To find out how well it performed in the Which? Child Car Seat tests, read the full review.

These results are for securing the seat using the Isofix mounts, with the adult belt securing the child.

The seat is easy to install, and it' easy to route the belt to secure the child in the seat. Installation instructions and warning labels are clear, reducing the likelihood of it being incorrectly installed.

The seat is stable in the car when using the Isofix mounts, but loses some of this stability if you use the adult belt to secure it. It provides good head- and leg-support, and the view for the child isn't hindered too much by the side wings.

In front and side crashes, protection is adequate but doesn't make the Best Buy grade.

The finish quality of this seat is very good, but cleaning the cover is awkward as it isn't machine-washable.

We changed the car body we use for testing in 2011, to more accurately reflect the current typical family car seatbelt layout and design. We carried out some repeat testing, to ensure that previous tests shown online are broadly comparable to the current ones. However, such a significant change means we can't make absolute comparisons.

This result is from our 2009 tests

Pros: Easy to use, good finish quality

Cons: Removing and cleaning the seat cover is complicated

Jané Montecarlo Plus (Isofix)

Jane Montecarlo Plus (Isofix)

Type: Isofix and belt installation possible
Which? score: 58%

Typical price GBP115.00
What is this?
Specification Seat categories Group 2/3 (15-36kg)
Seat type Isofix and belt installation possible
Part of a travel system No
View full specification
Test results Front crash 3 stars
Side crash 3 stars
Avoiding incorrect use 5 stars

4 others within your price range if you're interested.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/233/seatse.jpg/][IMG]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5844/seatse.jpg[/URL][/img]
Original Poster
Thank you!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants