anyone who works in a school....

6 replies
Found 19th Nov 2009
hi
i am applying for a job in my daughters school office and was wandering how the pay works in schools. do you only get paid in term time or do your wages get paid equally throughout the school year? i would be grateful if anyone could let me know
thanks

1. Misc
  2. School
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. School
6 Comments

Banned

You only get paid for term time but it is spread out over a year.

depends on the contract. If it is permanent you will get paid on a pro-rata basis (if that's the right term). So you may be on a £15,000 job but only walk 2/3rds of the year so you will get £10,000 split equally across all twelve months.

Your salary is spread out over the year so you are never without a monthly wage! Fingers crossed for you. I just started working in a school a few months ago but really enjoying it.

Original Poster

DLM;6941007

You only get paid for term time but it is spread out over a year.

thanks thought that was how it worked but wasn't sure!

Original Poster

tinkers;6941035

Your salary is spread out over the year so you are never without a … Your salary is spread out over the year so you are never without a monthly wage! Fingers crossed for you. I just started working in a school a few months ago but really enjoying it.

thanks i hope so too, it's perfect for me as i wouldn't need a childminder :thumbsup:

Banned

This is how they worked out my catering job salary:-

£5638 annual wage divided by 52.143 weeks x 41.6 weeks = £4498.03 divide by 52.143 weeks = £86.26 which was my 16 hour weekly wage.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.11
    2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941397
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414632
    4. Misco about to go into administration44

See more discussions