Anyone whos into Motorbikes and knows about them please HELP

Banned
Right..
Im 19, and been driving a car 2 years, have 2 years NCB.

AND

Now want to learn to drive a motorbike too, what do i need to do?
As ive heard i do not need to do a CBT if i have a full driving licence? Or is this not correct?

Any help or more information would be great.

11 Comments

no im afraid you still need a cbt to ride upto a 125cc

Original Poster Banned

is this 100%?

jizzm;2901479

is this 100%?

yup, my OH is having to do his CBT to get a bike hes had a car license 10yrs :thumbsup:

yeah you definitely need to do a cbt, i decided to take bike lessons a couple of years ago, went through the cbt, then had to do a theory test, even though i've been driving a car for 17 years, had 12 lessons and passed first time:-D

Haven't been able to get out on the bike much lately, it won't stop raining! :x

Look on the back of your driving licence it will tell you what categories you have. I think that you have to do a cbt if you gained your licence after 1997 I think.

garbage456;2901567

isnt it a case of you dont need a cbt if you drive a 50cc only?The rules … isnt it a case of you dont need a cbt if you drive a 50cc only?The rules keep changing, who knows

You now need to do a cbt unless it is included in your car licence. (look on the back for a little pic of a motorbike):thumbsup:

if you passed your driving test before feb 2001 you can ride upto a 50cc without a cbt
if you passed after you need a cbt regardless of the size

garbage456;2901571

last I heard if you do need a CBT it only last for 2 years (has been 3 … last I heard if you do need a CBT it only last for 2 years (has been 3 and 4 years previously) then you need to do another test.

thats right

Original Poster Banned

ahh right.
cheers all
anyone selling a bike?

Yeah, you can buy my heavily customised Harley Davidson Sportster if you like! ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. PS4 Beta Software Version 522
    2. What an absolute disgrace2160
    3. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports914
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??88

See more discussions