Groups

Anyone with a good eye for an electric bike?

Reasonable price, average and full size? I'd go for one from Decathlon but I can't stand those weird Holland style handles. Shame there aren't more electric bike deals on here as they have so much potential to get people out of their cars.

Many thanks

6 Comments

Look at the Carrera at Halfords halfords.com/cyc…ike . £1100 now ,bought one last year when they were £999 and when they had their 20% off deal (think I paid about £800). If you are a member of British cycling you can get 10% off (membership is about £24). As you can see its a proper bike (the Li battery being about the size of a water bottle ) . Cannot recommend too highly . Check the many positive reviews (mine is from August last year )

Edited by: "rogparki" 11th Feb

There's choice
    Legal = pedal assist restricted to 15mph approx
    Illegal = as legal but with addition of throttle and top speed near 30mph (but if used with common sense unlikely to be caught/prosecuted)
    I have a secondhand Raleigh Velo I got because of ill health but it didn't help me even though I was a keen cyclist (if you are local to Nottingham pm me and I can look at listing (if required) on FST

Depends on what you want to gain from electric bike?

Handlebars can be changed
    Edited by: "philphil61" 11th Feb

philphil61

There's choiceLegal = pedal assist restricted to 15mph approxIllegal = as … There's choiceLegal = pedal assist restricted to 15mph approxIllegal = as legal but with addition of throttle and top speed near 30mph (but if used with common sense unlikely to be caught/prosecuted)

I get that its to differentiate between a motorized vehicle and a pedal cycle, but never realised that it was only 15mph, which makes it seem a bit harsh. Most cyclists can manage 15mph on a bike and at a sprint over 30mph.
    Plus you can't be done for speeding on a bike

Just been having a look. voltbikes.co.uk/pul…php
    Think rogparki's suggestion looks a good bet. Maybe get a sale on it before summer.

allseasonsbikes.com - if you ring ask for Leon and say Clare Sandiford recommended you. Great business and brilliant bikes
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. seller asked for IMEI1111
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2544
      3. cats and royal canin biscuits912
      4. Wifi extender1217

See more discussions