Anyone with friends in Mexico, please read !

13 replies
Found 6th Jan 2010
I know this is a long shot, but...

A guy I went to school with, Phil Pain, fell from a 7th floor balcony the other day and is currently in a critical condition with a broken lower back, broken legs and crushed internal organs. He's in desperate need of blood transfusions which the hospital just doesn't have currently. Even worse is the fact that this happened during his study abroad year in Mexico. Add to the fact that his blood is the rare O- type, (even rarer in Latin America so I'm told) and the situation sounds pretty desperate. Due to some red tape which I don't quite understand, it seems only Mexican donations will do, so please if you have any Mexican contacts, alert them.

If you know any Mexicans or anyone currently in Mexico, please could you pass this on, or join the facebook group or alert people on twitter. Who knows what random action might prompt someone in Mexico to donate blood.

Please spread the appeal and join the facebook groups here:

facebook.com/gro…nfo

facebook.com/gro…nfo

News articles here:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm
dailystar.co.uk/pos…ish

Thank you.

13 Comments

Phil Pain.. I thought it was some kinda bad joke there for a second.

thrustmaster;7445102

Phil Pain.. I thought it was some kinda bad joke there for a second.

yeah me too.

O-type? rare? only if he is O neg, O positive is the most common

Original Poster

micoo;7445135

O- ......... type

Not O-Type

Though it seems kind of a petty thing to argue the toss over, to be quite honest. =/

micoo;7445135

O- = O Neg hun lol

will spread the word mate, good luck and hope he gets well soon :thumbsup:

Magurdrac;7445167

O- ......... typeNot O-TypeThough it seems kind of a petty thing to argue … O- ......... typeNot O-TypeThough it seems kind of a petty thing to argue the toss over, to be quite honest. =/

wasnt arguing ya douche, just misread it, apologies OP just me being silly lol

Magurdrac;7445167

O- ......... typeNot O-TypeThough it seems kind of a petty thing to argue … O- ......... typeNot O-TypeThough it seems kind of a petty thing to argue the toss over, to be quite honest. =/

it wasn't really clear so no need to have a go ;-)

Original Poster

choc1969;7445201

it wasn't really clear so no need to have a go ;-)

Fair enough.

Though in terms of the context of the situation, I don't think it really needs to be clear. Not really a "lol" matter, as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own... certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone.

Magurdrac;7445348

Fair enough. Though in terms of the context of the situation, I don't … Fair enough. Though in terms of the context of the situation, I don't think it really needs to be clear. Not really a "lol" matter, as far as I'm concerned, but each to their own... certainly wouldn't want to offend anyone.

In the context of the situation...the specific blood type needed would need to be quite clear i'd imagine??

thats a shame,i dont know anyone over in mexico
im O-neg myself didnt realise it was rare blood
hope they manage to find some blood for him soon

not much help as i know no one in Mexico - but will send it on the internal email at work

Original Poster

davidn84;7445388

In the context of the situation...the specific blood type needed would … In the context of the situation...the specific blood type needed would need to be quite clear i'd imagine??

The man makes a good point !

I'll just be hiding in this box for the next several hours ----> :gift:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322833
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710975
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247575
    4. word association Game74244878

See more discussions