anyone with origin broadband?

4 replies
Found 23rd Dec 2016
My broadband and phone line are supposed to be £17.99.

They are charging me 17p connection fee for every call and 12p per minute. Is this standard for them? I just can't believe they can charge this much.

I rarely use the house phone so not worth setting up a call package.

I'm not happy with any aspect of their service. Their broadband is poor and it doesn't even reach my bedroom even tho when I asked them if it would they said yes.

1. Ask
  2. Broadband
3 Comments

Yes, since you agreed to not have a call package you are on a PAYG tariff, they do state they charge 17p connection fee for every call and 12p per minute for landline.
originbroadband.com/sup…ffs

No ISP are able to guarantee wifi speeds. They can only guarantee the sync speed your modem/router can get assuming it in the best location (near your master socket).
They shouldn't say yes if you asking if the wifi reaches your bedroom as they don't know your house layout.

Edited by: "Suztera" 23rd Dec 2016

Original Poster

Lhlhlrty

Let me get this right....you're complaining about having to pay for calls … Let me get this right....you're complaining about having to pay for calls when they're not included in your package due to you not taking out a call bundle!!??!!??And how would an advisor know what parts of your house it would reach, are they an architect?

I've been with talktalk and sky previously and never had a call plan. I think origins fee's are ridiculous considering I get 500 minutes on my mobile for a tenner. Most of the call chargers were for calling them on the number provided trying to get it set up initially. Fault on their side not mine.

joxeruk2000

I've been with talktalk and sky previously and never had a call plan. I … I've been with talktalk and sky previously and never had a call plan. I think origins fee's are ridiculous

TalkTalk call connection charge =18p; Sky = 16.9p; Origin = 17p.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. BBC4 Vietnam War65
    2. Aliexpress - To be trusted?45
    3. With or without cream?56
    4. Mobile WiFi calling?44

See more discussions