Expired

Anyone with ovo?

Found 14th Sep 2017
Hi looking to sort an energy supplier at our new house as we are moving shortly, and am looking to possibly go with ovo, can you set a direct debit for say £75 (duel fuel) and pay the difference at a later date if you use more, as I read somewhere people's dd fluctuate quite a bit

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

I got email from them... It said..
We don’t think your Direct Debit transfers will cover your energy use for the year. That’s why we’re reminding you to update your Direct Debit amount, and avoid building up a debt.

Hi, I only have electric supplied by Ivo as no gas in my area, I set up a direct debit for £50 monthly but also add £100 to my account every 6 months or so, to cover the extra as sometimes my actual bill is more like £60 so they take the extra from !y added credit, when my advance payment starts to get low I top up another £100, not sure what happens if the bill s higher than my direct debit and I had nothing in credit, I guess they would bill me and give me so long to pay.

Also if you do go with ovo then get recommended. You and the person that recommends you will get £20.. I think it's £20. I'll go look now

Also the good thing is you can download the app and keep an eye on your energy use and bills it tells you how much you used in the previous day's.

POWYSWALES5 m ago

Also the good thing is you can download the app and keep an eye on your …Also the good thing is you can download the app and keep an eye on your energy use and bills it tells you how much you used in the previous day's.

Thought the app was for pay as you go? I just use website... Is it something to do with smart meter?

Original Poster

wayners9 m ago

I got email from them... It said.. We don’t think your Direct Debit t …I got email from them... It said.. We don’t think your Direct Debit transfers will cover your energy use for the year. That’s why we’re reminding you to update your Direct Debit amount, and avoid building up a debt.

We currently are with British gas but the deal we are on ends the same time we move(in 2 weeks)and have been paying a set amount each month and just make an extra payment if for some reason we have used more gas or electric. By the looks of your email it seems to be the same where I can pay x amount each month and the months you use a bit extra you just pay the difference to bring your account up to date. Just need to try and sort it tomorrow before their offer ends.
Have you had any issues with them? If so were they quick to resolve?
Thanks

ndksamb1 h, 7 m ago

We currently are with British gas but the deal we are on ends the same …We currently are with British gas but the deal we are on ends the same time we move(in 2 weeks)and have been paying a set amount each month and just make an extra payment if for some reason we have used more gas or electric. By the looks of your email it seems to be the same where I can pay x amount each month and the months you use a bit extra you just pay the difference to bring your account up to date. Just need to try and sort it tomorrow before their offer ends.Have you had any issues with them? If so were they quick to resolve?Thanks

Only issue was not receiving email reminders to give readings. I messaged them and got responses 24 hours later. All sorted...
Edited by: "wayners" 14th Sep 2017

in the process of swapping to them now i went via quidco/ uswitch and getting £30 cash back

I try to build up a healthy credit as they pay 3% interest

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions