Anyone with PCH (hire) car leasing experience? Do you really pay a lot of damage costs at the end?

Found 7th Sep 2015
Hi all!

I'm about to start leasing a new car as its working out way more affordable for me and I really want a new car now anyway.

So it seems that PCH is working out cheaper than PCP for a lot of vehicles, but everyone keeps putting me off! I'm getting told that you will be guaranteed to pay a lot of charges, hundreds of pounds even, at the end of the contract. But sometimes the extra cost of PCP is working out at £50 or more per month .Which makes me think that works out more than having to pay for any damage at the end of a PCH contract?

Of course the other thing to consider is equity, which confuses me a little. Is this always a benefit? I'm not planning on keeping any car at the end of a contract and will definitely keep changing to a new one.

Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
AskCarCar HireCar Leasing
3 Comments
Generally, things like scratches, kerb damaged wheels, rips in the interior, dents and dings are chargeable. The cheapest way to avoid this is to have them done before you hand the car back. Have it valeted as well. Excess mileage is also chargeable. If you look after the car properly you should have no problems. Also use a reputable leasing company.
readingbrown99

Generally, things like scratches, kerb damaged wheels, rips in the … Generally, things like scratches, kerb damaged wheels, rips in the interior, dents and dings are chargeable. The cheapest way to avoid this is to have them done before you hand the car back. Have it valeted as well. Excess mileage is also chargeable. If you look after the car properly you should have no problems. Also use a reputable leasing company.

That is the best way, have it done before you give them the car back otherwise they'll charge you an arm and a leg. My problem with this is that you're still paying money out to give back a car in a brand new condition. When you buy a 3 year old car it's not as new.
This guide shows what's acceptable and not acceptable on return to the company I use.

networkvehicles.com/res…pdf
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants