Anyone with Plus.Net fibre - any good?

Posted 14th Jan
Hi

My sky fibre is due for renewal and the deals are not that great so looking to move, Plus.Net seems ok but just wondering about real world experiences, the reviews on the internet don't seem too good?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

21 Comments
I've been with them about a few year and not had any trouble. Time for me to move, so will probably be Vodafone.
Been with them years and had no issues, a friend of mine in another town had plenty of problems with them though so YMMV.
I moved from Sky fibre to Now broadband. Paying around £25 a month with £90 cash back from TCB. They use the sky network so I still use my sky router as it connects to my sky q mini box. X
Been with them for about 3 months and apart from the initial install (issue with bt not Plusnet) not had an issue. Good speeds, great price and cashback tracked and paid quick.
Ethernet is good but WiFi is (hub one is panz)
Been with them for years. Great service if you have a problem - just jump through their hoops and it will get sorted quickly ( they will ask you to do certain things so as to prove the problem is external and not something you've done or got causing the issue, because if there is no fault on the line you will end up paying the openreach callout). Most issues are BT caused, though they did have a billing issue a few months ago. All sorted now.
They are really easy to get discounts with if you buy packages - TV and fibre you can get for little more than the fibre. And when contract is up for renewal you can easily get the same deal (cost wise) as new customers, though the breakdown will be different as certain things they can discount and others they can't.
The BT hub is pretty basic, and WiFi is easily disrupted by external signals, such as heating clicking on (I have this issue, many don't). So if you can manage without WiFi it's great, or for best wall to wall coverage get a different router. That is the only negative, but heavily outweighed by the positives.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 15th Jan
ScubaDudes14/01/2020 23:14

I've been with them about a few year and not had any trouble. Time for me …I've been with them about a few year and not had any trouble. Time for me to move, so will probably be Vodafone.

I’ve just moved to Vodafone from BT this week. Faultless transfer and service, 2 days in and saving £27/month.
One of the main reasons I left Sky after ten years was because their router sucked and they wouldn't offer me any guidance on how to connect my own router and flat out refused to offer me any support should I encounter any issues attempting to use non Sky branded equipment. I would also lose access to the internet like clockwork every night between 1-2 am.

Plusnet on the other were happy to let me bring my own router (Netgear Nighthawk X6) and actually spent over 2 hours, I kid you not, to help me install it over the phone when I couldn't fix the issue myself.

Two years on and I've probably lost internet connection about half a dozen times for several minutes to a max one hour. I don't regret choosing Plustnet, though I wish their prices were cheaper.
Edited by: "Prosamuraiman" 15th Jan
I switched to Plusnet Fibre from EE ADSL just over a year ago and can honestly say i'm really pleased i switched. I am getting a much faster speed for less than i was paying EE, I have only used customer service a couple of times and both of the calls were answered quickly.
Been with Plusnet since the days of dial-up modem!
Over the years tested the market a few times for better deals and never found better price/quality/customer service.
Switched to their fibre to the cabinet product about 4 months ago and overall everything is fine. I took their modem/router to replace my ageing Netgear ADSL and its generally fine - reaches all parts of my average extended semi and the garden. Some initial teething problems but easily sorted.
One problem which I am happy to put up with; about once a week my speeds drop to the old ADSL levels which in themselves are still good. I simply switch the router off - wait as long as I can over 15 mins and switch back on.
Yep been with them a year nearly so far so good.
Only annoying thing if you was to restart your wifi, the internet will not be ready unless you go into wifi setting on your phone, select the plusnet wifi and complete the 2 step process.

is this just me or happens to everyone else?
It’s the same openreach cables as everyone else but virgin and other cable companies use

exactly the same speed - the only variable is customer service and how good the hub is
rimalpatel00715/01/2020 09:50

Yep been with them a year nearly so far so good.Only annoying thing if you …Yep been with them a year nearly so far so good.Only annoying thing if you was to restart your wifi, the internet will not be ready unless you go into wifi setting on your phone, select the plusnet wifi and complete the 2 step process.is this just me or happens to everyone else?

Just you. Give them a call and ask them for help. They will sort it for you or send you a new router - I've got 3 routers now.
jase.215/01/2020 11:08

It’s the same openreach cables as everyone else but virgin and other cable …It’s the same openreach cables as everyone else but virgin and other cable companies useexactly the same speed - the only variable is customer service and how good the hub is

Yes, the same cables and using the OR infrastructure but BT does prioritise and BT and Plusnet get first dibs.
Ringfinger15/01/2020 12:45

Just you. Give them a call and ask them for help. They will sort it for …Just you. Give them a call and ask them for help. They will sort it for you or send you a new router - I've got 3 routers now.

Its ok I can live with it, only once in a blue moon I have to restart the router.
Been with plusnet about 3 years, no real problems, I normally switch to whoever has the best monthly/topcashback offer but found plusnet customer service the best out of all of em so have stayed put.
Been with plusnet fibre from last 6 months. Connection drops out sometimes and it's slow as well but not to the extent where I have to ring the customer service.
Ringfinger15/01/2020 12:47

Yes, the same cables and using the OR infrastructure but BT does …Yes, the same cables and using the OR infrastructure but BT does prioritise and BT and Plusnet get first dibs.

total nonsense
Ringfinger15/01/2020 12:47

Yes, the same cables and using the OR infrastructure but BT does …Yes, the same cables and using the OR infrastructure but BT does prioritise and BT and Plusnet get first dibs.

They aren't allowed to.
It's a big part of the reason openreach and bt had to split.
Thanks all, it all seems pretty positive so might give them a try and hope for the best
ScubaDudes14/01/2020 23:14

I've been with them about a few year and not had any trouble. Time for me …I've been with them about a few year and not had any trouble. Time for me to move, so will probably be Vodafone.

I'm stopping with plusnet now. Vodafone was being difficult and plusnet gave a reasonable price to renew plus 100% happy with service.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions