Found 25th Jan 2011
Joined today, still a big confused! anyone been a member for a while and can give me good advice/tips etc i tried to make their carbonara today...tasted rank! lol

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Slimming World is great.
You can eat loads and still lose weight. So if you are the kind of person that keeps picking at things you can with the free foods that you are allowed.
If your not then don't

They now have a plan that you can mix Green and red days i think which is great too.

Once you get into it, i think you will like it.
Planning, having great foods in, a treat every so often and drinking plenty of water are a great help!

Good Luck x
Edited by: "Babylove" 25th Jan 2011

you pay them and in return they basically tell you to eat less and eat healthier and once in a while give yourself a treat with a cheat day.

brb doing that for free

Joined today, still a big confused!

Still a BIG confused what? It was your first night though so don't expect immediate results, don't worry though give it time and you may see results in the longer term

its good but i didnt like it ..... prefer WW over it. i know there are a few on SW who love it.

jacket potatoes with beans FTW! and mullers!! haha

Basically green days you eat more veggies, pasta dishes, you don't eat much meat- only the carefully weighed amounts.
Red day- you can eat a lot of chicken/beef/pork but not sausages- full of fat, although you can have certain ones limited. You lower your intake of veggies on these days.

We did a lot of green days and ate a lot of this pasta that was sold in Lidl (years ago) but the pasta disappeared- it was amazing!
I didn't do too well on slimming world- I tend to rebel, so I told myself to diet, in the first week I lost 8lb, in the second week I put on 10lb and then carried on gaining about 4lb a week after... I'm my own worst enemy!!

Original Poster

i'm doing the easy peasy one - going to go for a month lie and say i have work commitments then do it alone haha just want to make sure i'm on the right track - really gota stay away from crisps! haha

Original Poster

i was told i had to let her know if i werent going or she'd backdate payment?? lol can they do that?

cookiemonster83

Slimming World works if you follow it properly. I'm a porker but lost 6.5 … Slimming World works if you follow it properly. I'm a porker but lost 6.5 lb in the first week of January, 11.5b last week and getting weighed in again tomorrow, should be another decent loss. I'm swimming five days a week too and to be honest, it's the same as any diet- eat healthily and exercise plenty and you'll lose weight. All Slimming World (or any Fat Fighters type club) effectively does is give you their own tailored combination of healthy stuff to eat. Technically, you can go once and get all the starter literature free with your membership. This will explain it all and tell you how to do it. Aside from that, you can get all the cookbooks and stuff online, plus there are loads of sites with recipes and advice. The only other benefit you really get from club is the 'support'- but it depends how much you actually get out of people clapping you/sympathising with you when you lose/put on weight. I never stay, because I personally see it as a bunch of overweight people sitting around and talking about being overweight. Fair dos to the people who enjoy it though, that's just my perception.The simple, key point to understand is this: follow the plan and it will work.

Huge pat on the back for your weightloss - you must already be feeling the difference!

Original Poster

cookiemonster83

If you don't go and the date hasn't been booked as holiday, you'll be … If you don't go and the date hasn't been booked as holiday, you'll be expected to pay that week. It's part of the commitment, but they should tell you all about that when you join. You've not signed a credit agreement, so it's not enforceable, but you'd have to pay it if you wanted to continue going.

so if i just quit and never went again then what?

tigger462

so if i just quit and never went again then what?

Then you dont pay anything again

Original Poster

Ah thats good - i don't plan to quit just didnt want to think i was stuck in a contract lol

Original Poster

woop 7lb lost in a week

tigger462

woop 7lb lost in a week

That's excellent - well done! Keep it up

My Mrs does Slimming World, but to be fair (as wth any diet scheme) the recipe books they put out aren't great. It kinda helps if you understand food a bit, 'cos then you can adapt decent recipes to be Syn-free or low-Syns. For example - we've done three of the recipes from Jamie's 30 Minute Meals and adapted them ever so slightly to be low-Syn. I make an (IMHO) awesome syn-free Thai red curry...but again, you need to know how to get the flavours without cheating or without heaping in fatty/calorific foods. Sometimes that does mean spending a bit more dosh on ingredients, but it's kinda important to satisfy yourself with what you eat so you don't snack in-between meals...

minimins.com is a great site...very supportive, and lots of great info about low-syn treats, recipes etc...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition66726
    2. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…11
    3. Win an unbelievable Windows Mixed Reality prize pack from Windows Central! …43
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines43

See more discussions