Groups

Anyone with Tiscali broadband?

Hi i was wondering if anyone here used tiscali broadband?i just signed up to them yesterday as i was paying £30 on my plus net where tiscali where doing it for £14.99 and 6.49 for the 1st 3 months

do they have peak and offpeak times for dl>?

11 Comments

We have tiscali, But for phone and internet not a bad service though we want to block mobile phone calls out as or phone bill for just calls is roughly £85 a month thanks to our 18 year old with phoning mobiles!!!! They reckons we can stop the calls outgoing! Mobile anyway so we are looking at others now

I'm with Tiscali for my broadband & phone. With that I get free calls 24/7 for £19.99 pcm (+ extra for mofo's & 0845 etc..)
    Haven't had any probs' with dl's in the past but to be honest don't do it that much.
    On the whole they've been quite good & I get good speeds (this also depends on where you live & yr comp' ) though I have had a couple of days where it has been down for a few hours at a time (incl' the phone!!)
    hope this helps.

if you think you can download more than 15gb a month think again there off peak hours are like 11pm - 6am but still they will moan if you donwload too much. feel sorry for you we were with them till we tried to use the internet!

anyways it will be a leason costly learned.... just keep an eye on all out payments to them they double charged us on some months and when we finished they tried to charge us for services / usage that we hadent used!

have a intresting exprience with them and their indian call centre that reads of a script....:p

I am with tiscali for phone and internet. Haven't had any problems.

Yes, I am with Tiscali, have been for about 4 years...never had any probs!!

I use to be with them several years ago and said I could only get 1mb connection at my new house. So i waited for the contract to run out and went ot sky, gave me 8mb connection and get around 5mb sppeds.

When with tiscali, could not run world of warcraft and ventrilo at same time. Moved to sky and fine.
    SO unless they really upgraded there hardware would not recommend.

Also with sky I pay £5 a month and download over 30g.

wolftan;3307036

I use to be with them several years ago and said I could only get 1mb … I use to be with them several years ago and said I could only get 1mb connection at my new house. So i waited for the contract to run out and went ot sky, gave me 8mb connection and get around 5mb sppeds.When with tiscali, could not run world of warcraft and ventrilo at same time. Moved to sky and fine.SO unless they really upgraded there hardware would not recommend.Also with sky I pay £5 a month and download over 30g.

go sky! i am on them too!

ask about the beta program though i am getting 24+ MB a month for a tenner!

Original Poster

jackt010;3306988

if you think you can download more than 15gb a month think again there … if you think you can download more than 15gb a month think again there off peak hours are like 11pm - 6am but still they will moan if you donwload too much. feel sorry for you we were with them till we tried to use the internet! anyways it will be a leason costly learned.... just keep an eye on all out payments to them they double charged us on some months and when we finished they tried to charge us for services / usage that we hadent used!have a intresting exprience with them and their indian call centre that reads of a script....:p

just checked there peak times are 6pm till 11pm so thats fine

I've been with Tiscali for donkey's years.
    Don't have any problems but don't like the idea of dealing with an Indian call centre if I do.

Im with tiscali and had no problems with the speed or connection, cheapest in my area too. The only problem i am having is trying to get a wireless router. They keep seeming to lose the details for it. Very annoying.

edit: Router came in the post this morning so i am not complaining anymore:-)

I've phoned the Indian call centre a number of times and have never had any problems whatsoever.

Their English language skills are better than some UK nationals. Fact.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3551331
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1863
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2035
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514147

See more discussions