Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

ANYONE WITH VODAFONE BROADBAND AND PHONE?

Posted 5th Feb
Hi
I want to leave BT broadband and phone because they are too expensive AND I need to upgrade to a faster speed and they want £20more per month compared to Vodafone with the Quidco £80 cashback which would cover my early contract termination of £91 to leave them as it is not up until June 01 2020 and they won’t give me a better deal cost wise to extend my contract.

I just want to make sure there aren’t any issues with using Vodafone broadband & landline from any members who have opted for what I will be going for, before I take the leap from BT?

Superfast 2
Great for all-round streaming and gaming in busier homes
55 Mbps guaranteed minimum download speed or money back
  • 20 Mbps maximum upload speed
  • Unlimited broadband usage
  • 18 Months minimum term
  • 6-month free trial of F-Secure SAFE
More information
£0upfront
£21.95/month* - Existing customer (WE ARE WITH MONTHLY MOBILE CONTRACT)

Thank you in advance for any responses
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
you'll more than likely get the same broadband speed or similar as both go over the same line
Go through broadband genie and get a £120 Amazon voucher
hotukdeals.com/dea…179
Anth221005/02/2020 15:49

you'll more than likely get the same broadband speed or similar as both go …you'll more than likely get the same broadband speed or similar as both go over the same line

Yeah, the big BT box is against the outside of my drive wall and the engineer told me they all go through the BT cables so for more than £20 cheaper it would be stupid not to leave.
adamderak05/02/2020 15:50

Go through broadband genie and get a £120 Amazon …Go through broadband genie and get a £120 Amazon voucherhttps://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vodafone-superfast-63mb-broadband-120-amazon-voucher-18m-contract-3401179

Thanks but from reading reviews it is hit and miss actually getting the vouchers off them so I think I will stick to Quidco to be on the safe side
Dea33205/02/2020 16:32

Thanks but from reading reviews it is hit and miss actually getting …Thanks but from reading reviews it is hit and miss actually getting the vouchers off them so I think I will stick to Quidco to be on the safe side

There is no safe side with Quidco.
chimp14uk05/02/2020 17:26

There is no safe side with Quidco.

So far over the years I have never had an issue with quidco
Dea33205/02/2020 18:23

So far over the years I have never had an issue with quidco

Just remember that it's not a given.
I have both mobile phone and home broadband. No problems at all for me. They have upgraded their router aswell so it isn't as crap as the old ones.
MonkeyMan9005/02/2020 18:55

I have both mobile phone and home broadband. No problems at all for me. …I have both mobile phone and home broadband. No problems at all for me. They have upgraded their router aswell so it isn't as crap as the old ones.

Great, thanks
They are good and freebies when you renew
I'm with Vodafone, The new VOX 3.0 router is so much better. Although mine has actually been syncing at 54 Mbps for last few months so I've been claiming the 15% discount they give you for the speed guarantee so it has only been costing me £17.25 a month I could most probably fix it myself by turning the router on and off but I'd rather have the discount!
.MUFC.05/02/2020 22:32

I'm with Vodafone, The new VOX 3.0 router is so much better. Although mine …I'm with Vodafone, The new VOX 3.0 router is so much better. Although mine has actually been syncing at 54 Mbps for last few months so I've been claiming the 15% discount they give you for the speed guarantee so it has only been costing me £17.25 a month I could most probably fix it myself by turning the router on and off but I'd rather have the discount!

LOL, how did you contact them for the discount, live chat or phone, just incase it happens to us
Dea33206/02/2020 11:15

LOL, how did you contact them for the discount, live chat or phone, … LOL, how did you contact them for the discount, live chat or phone, just incase it happens to us

Via the broadband app, Just click on sync speed, then they apply discount.

39848016-Ge6fx.jpg39848016-qbHm6.jpg
Just to add, I did once have a physical problem with my line which involved them having to send openreach to fix it. My speed was syncing at about 35mb and kept going off etc.. On that occasion I contacted them via live chat and they sent openreach out the very next day. My line used to sync at 66mb but after openreach fixed the fault I had. 56/57mb is now the maximum my line will support. They had to swap my line over or something so I'm not really too bothered. It's been perfectly stable for the last 3 months. It's consistent at any time of day, Doesn't block IPTV or torrent sites etc..
.MUFC.06/02/2020 11:44

Just to add, I did once have a physical problem with my line which …Just to add, I did once have a physical problem with my line which involved them having to send openreach to fix it. My speed was syncing at about 35mb and kept going off etc.. On that occasion I contacted them via live chat and they sent openreach out the very next day. My line used to sync at 66mb but after openreach fixed the fault I had. 56/57mb is now the maximum my line will support. They had to swap my line over or something so I'm not really too bothered. It's been perfectly stable for the last 3 months. It's consistent at any time of day, Doesn't block IPTV or torrent sites etc..

Great, thanks for all that info, it helped me decide to take the leap and order it , I have screen shot your replies for future reference. Thanks again!
My baby fur boy Bertie-Bear
39853232-tyMiy.jpgdoes have one message for you though
Dea33206/02/2020 23:13

Great, thanks for all that info, it helped me decide to take the leap and …Great, thanks for all that info, it helped me decide to take the leap and order it , I have screen shot your replies for future reference. Thanks again! My baby fur boy Bertie-Bear [Image] does have one message for you though

Gorgeous dog, He looks traumatized though, Poor thing!

Enjoy your time at the top. You deserve it and it's an hard lesson for us United fans
.MUFC.06/02/2020 23:27

Gorgeous dog, He looks traumatized though, Poor thing!Enjoy your time at …Gorgeous dog, He looks traumatized though, Poor thing!Enjoy your time at the top. You deserve it and it's an hard lesson for us United fans

LOL! He legit sits and watches the games on the TV with me too!
Edited by: "Dea332" 7th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants