Groups

Anyone working in retail ? Challeging question for you!

Banned
    Hi

Question for a job application

Explain where you had to go out your way to make a customer who wasnt happy, happy and if they used your service again etc

thanks!

11 Comments

An angry regular customer at my shoe store brought back a pair of boots with a broken zip, she wanted a new pair, but as it was a popular style we were sold out. She then wanted her money back, but I offered to get it professionally fixed and posted back to her within a couple of days, she was delighted and for £15 I got the boot repaired and sent back, I didnt have to refund and she still shops with us.

chas76;1901085

An angry regular customer at my shoe store brought back a pair of boots … An angry regular customer at my shoe store brought back a pair of boots with a broken zip, she wanted a new pair, but as it was a popular style we were sold out. She then wanted her money back, but I offered to get it professionally fixed and posted back to her within a couple of days, she was delighted and for £15 I got the boot repaired and sent back, I didnt have to refund and she still shops with us.

Unless your a manager you probably wouldnt get authorisation to go out and spend company cash on repairs.

More likely that,
    I offered a part-refund, and sourced a local shop who would carry out the repair (phonebook or something)

Most shops wont pay for a repair, plus for you to galavant around getting it done, plus sending it to them.
    It'l sound made-up tbh.
    Everywhere will give money off for damaged items though, and 5 mins with a phone book will get someone to sort it for them, there being the something extra.

Fair comments, but when you run a small independant shop, its better to repair than to refund, I still get my profit on the mark up, if I take it back I lose. Obviously a chain store can cover the loss.

Original Poster Banned

^^ As its not a chain store, you would expect a sales assistance to make a decision like this!

chas76;1901496

Fair comments, but when you run a small independant shop, its better to … Fair comments, but when you run a small independant shop, its better to repair than to refund, I still get my profit on the mark up, if I take it back I lose. Obviously a chain store can cover the loss.

Not talking about a full refund though, just a part refund to cover repair costs which you will find out the cost of when you find someone who will sort it.
    Either way you are paying repair costs, but you save on delivery and time spent sorting the problem, and the customer can go and get it all sorted themselves that same day, rather than waiting about for you to go do it or for you to get it sent out to them after repairs.
    You can even spring for taxi costs, as the assistant may need one anyway to get there, so same difference, and they see it as your going far to help them out, while also savign the assistant a journey.
    Longer they are without their shoes, more angry they get.
    This way, they see money coming back from you (which you would spend anyway, and which they give to the repairer anyway) and they go away home that same day with the working pair of shoes they wanted.

Make some rubbish up.

A customer wanted a specific item but it was out of stock.
    Instead of feeding the customer the usual out of stock be in on next delivery blah blah blah. You took the customers telephone number and told them customer services would ring them when the item was back in stock.
    You followed through , gained the customers respect and ultimately their loyalty.

That should do it

hottoshop;1917011

A customer wanted a specific item but it was out of stock.Instead of … A customer wanted a specific item but it was out of stock.Instead of feeding the customer the usual out of stock be in on next delivery blah blah blah. You took the customers telephone number and told them customer services would ring them when the item was back in stock.You followed through , gained the customers respect and ultimately their loyalty.That should do it

'twas always thus.......in the good old days!

muckypup;1917017

'twas always thus.......in the good old days!

Twas too (why are you typing in Shakespereian ?)

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears for I come to bury Caesar.......................

hottoshop;1917031

Twas too (why are you typing in Shakespereian ?)Friends, Romans, … Twas too (why are you typing in Shakespereian ?)Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears for I come to bury Caesar.......................

Cuz I iz hedukated!!:-D

I knew that
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions