Groups

Anyones iPhone 3G running laggy since ios4

Banned
    Inb4 the usual ones

15 Comments

Yep

The actual 3G bit? It totall killed mine, so I've gone back to 3.1.3 until Apple get the update 4.0.1 out.

I think he means the whole OS

Original Poster Banned

I tried to go back to 3.1.3 but my iPhone was stuck in restore between 3.1.3 and 4.0

You can only go back if your phone was jailbroken and you saved the SHSH.
    Then it's easy enough, just use irecovery to take it out of the restore loop once it's restored.

I started with a fresh phone, totally laggy.

Startign with a fresh phone does help, but give it a few days and it will be laggy as hell again. Totally annoying, makes my iPhone unusable sometimes. The lag can be temporarily cured by giving your phone a restart

Banned

Are you sure you're holding it correctly?

Yep, lagging a lot.

Good excuse for me to get iphone 4 though as I'm not really bothered about calling people on it, just want HD video and for it not to freeze every 10 seconds.

Yep, same here!

You CAN restore to 3.1.3 without jailbreaking your phone.

I did it on sunday. Very easy. Runs great again.

Here:
    lifehacker.com/557…313

dj_urban

I tried to go back to 3.1.3 but my iPhone was stuck in restore between … I tried to go back to 3.1.3 but my iPhone was stuck in restore between 3.1.3 and 4.0

download recboot for free and sort it in one click

Original Poster Banned

Its doing my head in i cant get it to exit recovery mode

using 32bit vista premium, i must be missing something

I couldnt get irecovery to work in Windows 7, had to build a virtual machine with XP on it, then it came out of recovery fine.

Original Poster Banned

really annoying me i hit exit recovery and it does nothing

I really hate ios4
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!11
      2. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value48
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914467
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826349

See more discussions