Groups

Anyones know where is the best place to sell stamps collection?

Hi, My dad give me his stamps collection which he ask me to help him sell. Anyones can recommed me any reliable websites which i can use. Thank you in advance.

11 Comments

Banned

so you want someone to say ebay is reliable

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

so you want someone to say ebay is reliable

I try to avoid ebay but thats will be my last resource(_;) Collection is over 5000 stamps.

try you local auction house, antique shops they should give you a good idea.

Stanley Gibbons in London, only know as my Father in Law goes then when ever he visits London with work.

All English? How are they kept? Are you aware of their value? Do you have a value in mind?

i have a riddic amount of old stamps, me grannys collection and mine when i was younger.. ill go through them one day and sell..

end of story

Original Poster

dh058977

All English? How are they kept? Are you aware of their value? Do you have … All English? How are they kept? Are you aware of their value? Do you have a value in mind?

To be honest with you not sure if some worth anything some i think might worth a fews pounds.
    These which i think with high value:
    Sliver wedding 3p ( dated 1972 )
    sliver jubilee of her majesty queen elizabeth II st.vincent 10c
    world cup 1966 4d
    sliver jubilee 1952-1977 8half pence.
    some half pence stamps
    and some other countries of the world used but in all excellent condition.

Probably best to look for similar stamps on ebay, I bought a load at a local auction for about £10 hade several UK castle sets the had cat value of £100 odd but these were selling on ebay for a few quid.

Stanley Gibbons, or a local auction.

Car boot I you have the patience

Original Poster

Thank you all for your help. I think i will try Stanley Gibbons & warwick & warwick first then the rest can go on ebay if no luck there. Thank you once again x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions