Anything better than swiftkey?

Found 11th JunEdited by:"mutley1"
I use swiftkey on my android phone but I find it is not as good as it used to be. It is not as accurate as it used to be.

The predictive text also changes words after the message has been sent, so there appear to be a delay with the predictive text function.

Is there anything similar out there that is free and better?

Edit - sorry to those who replied earlier as I thought it was swype that I have on my phone, just checked and it is swiftkey. Maybe it was swype that I had used before which was better?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
SwiftKey.

I have used both and much prefer SwiftKey.
Looks like the devs are done with it anyway
Swiftkey or Gboard (Google's).
Gboard is great IMO
I'd give another recommendation for SwiftKey - I've used it for a good few years now and find that it works very well.
deleted396333
I have swype but I don't think it's as good as it used to be
I tried swiftkey years ago and didn't like it, maybe I'll give it another go
I’d stay away From some of these suggestions the permissions they require are pretty scary for something you type your whole life with.
Dannyrobbo18 m ago

I’d stay away From some of these suggestions the permissions they require a …I’d stay away From some of these suggestions the permissions they require are pretty scary for something you type your whole life with.

I think they are all going that way now so I have resigned myself to giving away all my privacy. Most the apps on my phone now have access to my photo galery, contacts, location. Soon privacy won't exist anymore.
Gboard imo is the quickest
Will try out gboard and see if it is any better. Thanks
Sounds like you probably have an old phone that can't keep up. Upgrade.
benjammin3162 h, 51 m ago

Sounds like you probably have an old phone that can't keep up. Upgrade.

i am using the note 4 on marshmellow 6.0.1. it is not a new phone but is that too old?
Gboard is good, however it doesn't learn to predict words and phrases that you type regularly in the same way that SwiftKey does.

Also there is a better selection of keyboard colours, sizes etc in SwiftKey.
Edited by: "hottoast" 12th Jun
hottoast17 m ago

Gboard is good, however it doesn't learn to predict words and phrases that …Gboard is good, however it doesn't learn to predict words and phrases that you type regularly in the same way that SwiftKey does.Also there is a better selection of keyboard colours, sizes etc in SwiftKey.

I have been using gboard today and reserve judgement for now until i have used it for a few days, but seems better than swiftkey at accuracy from first impression.
SwiftKey works perfectly for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants