Anything better than Yankee candles?

Found 31st Mar
Love Yankee candles, but are there any better out there?!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
WoodWick are good if you can find them on offer I would never pay full price for them! Plus the wick is wood and a strip so it cackles like a little mini fire nice in these cold and wet times!
Jo Malone, Molton Brown, La Labo by Liberty, ESPA. Lots which are miles better than Yankee - who I think are too synthetic.
I buy village candle. They have two wicks so burn better. I can’t smell Yankee when it’s burning but I can with village candle
deleted1597344
These are good but are expensive skyecandles.co.uk
Nothing beats Bath & Body Works candles. I have a big 3 floor house and you can smell them from the top level.
Clinton cards have candles that are often on offer for £7, and they smell better than yankees. IMO yankees are no where near as good as they were. Woodwick candles are made by Yankee too. And second vote here for Village Candle.
Edited by: "choccie32" 31st Mar
Light bulbs work quite well. They certainly improved on gas lamps.
deleted1416210
Depends on your definition of 'better'.
Personally I would avoid all parrafin based candles.
Do you ever wonder where the wax goes when they burn?
PrincessJellybean10 h, 28 m ago

Depends on your definition of 'better'. Personally I would avoid all …Depends on your definition of 'better'. Personally I would avoid all parrafin based candles.

Good point, didn't think of that does that rule out all candles
deleted1416210
SCuboid9 h, 23 m ago

Good point, didn't think of that does that rule out all candles

Not at all, I've bought candles made from things like soy, coconut and other plant/vegetable based wax.
You can sometimes get them on the high street with of a bit of hunting, but they are freely available online; it's just a matter of shopping around and looking for sales and offers, as prices vary a lot.
We are just using up the ones we have left tbh, but then we plan on transitioning to a essential oil diffuser, but we may still occasionally have a candle as they do create a nice cozy glow
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants