Groups
    EXPIRED

Anything for newborn baby?

Hi everone
    Can people post up stuff for newborn babys?
    Cot mobiles, baby baths, dcent offers on pushchairs etc.
    I am sure this will be useful for all the soon to be parents and currebt parents on hotdeals
    Thanks
    Rob

50 Comments

I'm no help here but you can't beat the next sale for all of the above (bar the baby bath). You could get Quinny Buzz in the last sale for half price (£145)

Original Poster

do we know when the next "next" sale is

I think it's gonna be difficult to post 'all baby offers' in one thread, as it would end up massive ! You're just going to have to use the search filter to hunt for what you want, and keep an eye on the main hot deals page, I think.

But, if it helps, have a trawl through Argos and Boots websites - both have some good reductions on baby things at the moment.
    And don't forget Sainsburys have 50% off all toys until Wednesday - a really good deal IMO.

To take just one of your items, there are so many different cot mobiles of such huge difference in price that it'd be difficult to spot 'the best' hot deal. You can get a cheapy one from IKEA for less than £5
    ikea.com/gb/…225
    Or mamas and papas themed mobiles for £28 ... in which case the 10% off voucher would be a 'hot deal' for you.
    mamasandpapas.co.uk/pro…-i/

If you have an Ikea nearby they sell excellent quality but very reasonable baby baths, mobiles, nursery furniture etc

Sainsburys half price toy sale includes loads of lovely mobiles and rattles etc

Also a fab book to buy for the 'Parents to be' is called....

How to have a Baby and Still Live in the Real World - by Jane Symons!
    You can pick these books up off Ebay for a few quid - essential reading for parents to be!!

:thumbsup:

Hi, i have lots of baby stuff, my little one is 1.5 now. so if you dont mind getting second hand stuff then let me know.
    KO
    and Hey Congradulations!!

Kobi

Hi, i have lots of baby stuff, my little one is 1.5 now. so if you dont … Hi, i have lots of baby stuff, my little one is 1.5 now. so if you dont mind getting second hand stuff then let me know.KOand Hey Congradulations!!

what do you have for sale?do u have a boy or girl?

Berbatov

Hi everoneCan people post up stuff for newborn babys?Cot mobiles, baby … Hi everoneCan people post up stuff for newborn babys?Cot mobiles, baby baths, dcent offers on pushchairs etc.I am sure this will be useful for all the soon to be parents and currebt parents on hotdealsThanksRob

I have lots for sale, our son is now 7 mths

for example

Moses basket with mattress and bedding
    Graco travel system - pushchair, car seat and autobaby base unit
    Mothercare swinging birch crib and deluxe mattress

let me know

Hi There

Congratulations!!

Boy Or Girl?

As I Have A Few Pieces Of New Miniman Designer Pink Babygros - Vests-hats For Sale

I Have Had Them On Ebay And They Didnt Sell - Shame As They Are Gorgeous -

Contact If Interested - Good Price As I Just Want To Get Rid Of Them!!

i have a good car seat in anyone is near the walsall area (£10 just a token jesture) just drop me a message and ill send some pics

also a couple of ralph lauren shirts (12 -18 or 18 - 24mths i would ahve to have a look) one is checked and one is plain blue purchased from florida last year and only worn a couple of times , he grows out to fast

I think that if you're trying to sell anything on this forum the rules say that you should post on the FS board, and follow the advice there. That way both buyer and seller are better protected.

Yes folks, you should not be carrying out any personal trades/sales here.

sorry emma - didnt realise - i was't deliberately trying to sell just answer the request

apologies to anyone who took offense

holly100

sorry emma - didnt realise - i was't deliberately trying to sell just … sorry emma - didnt realise - i was't deliberately trying to sell just answer the request apologies to anyone who took offense

No probs, you are free to do it over in the FS forum though.

same here ppl, was just trying to help but point noted. Many apologies

Original Poster

let me know if you guys put stuff up on the FS forum.....
    I dont know what we are having yet, due Jan 22nd. Cant belive how much all this stuff costs

You're telling me!
    My advice would be to write a list of everything that you need, and then look on eb*y for 'bnwt' or 'bnib', you might be able to pick up a lot of stuff. And trawl argos for offers, grab whatevers reduced and cross it off your list. Then, when people ask what they can buy - tell them the things that you haven't found reduced! Worked a treat for us ... I don't think I paid full price for anything!

urgent stuff
    moses basket or similar whilst baby sleeps in your room - new mattress if using 2nd hand one
    sheets for moses basket
    blankets OR sleeping bags
    baby bath if you are going to use one (don't bother with top n tail thingy). We got this one and love it - a lot easier to use than the traditional 'bath' things
    bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/pro…-GB
    obviously clothes, but don't buy too many in size 'newborn', but lots of sleep suits and body suits (as its winter) in size 0-3 will be needed. don't buy any shoes, you honestly won't use them
    If you plan on using bottes, a cheapo steam steriliser. We got this one as our microwave is too small to fit the microwave sterilisers in! Works a treat:
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm
    And therefore you may need bottles. Dr Brown is what we use - they are meant to help prevent colic
    Buy at least one pack of formula beforehand, and some 'cartons' for 'middle of the night emergencies'
    If you are using formula, then a bottle warmer will save you trolling downstairs in the middle of the night:
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm
    Changing mat - these don't get reduced often so just grab one from IKEA etc
    Trust me - buy a dummy just in case... it's no good deciding at 3.30 in the morning that you can't stand the crying :giggle:
    Obviously a buggy of some sort
    A car seat if you drive - the maxicosi is best rated in crash tests
    A lot of babies like bouncy chairs or swings
    A playmat with arches that toys dangle off
    Muslins as the little blighters burp up milk and generally make a mess - buy more than you think you'll need
    Ditto for bibs
    A monitor/alarm.I LOVE this one as it reassures you that the baby is still breathing:
    argos.co.uk/sta…htm

might want these:
    Consider whether you'll want a pump ... opinion varies a lot, but I found that a hand pump was OK, but the medela electric one worked faster (but made a racket!)
    You might want a breastfeeding pillow as some people find it easier. This is also useful for propping baby up on:
    argos.co.uk/web…low
    Digital thermometer for babies
    Infacol
    Calpol for 2months+
    Karvol

Stuff For later:
    cot
    mobile (you won't need one whilst baby is in the moses basket)
    wardrobe (buy an adult one ... trust me!)
    high chair
    bumbo

Got to dash, hope this helped

Here's a baby gym reduced to £18.50 from £28
    argos.co.uk/sta…JUN

And a mobile for £16.50 (was £25)
    argos.co.uk/sta…JUN

If you have a Home Bargain or B&N store, check there for cellular blankets. I got a load from B&N at a fraction of the price they are in mothercare (£1.99 for small, £2.99 for huuuuge !)

No one yet seems to have mentioned [url]www.kiddicare.com[/url] which usually have good prices . . . also well worth a trip if you live anywhere near Peterborough

Washable nappies will save a fortune. There are some really cute ones including Happy Heinys One-size pocket nappies.

You can save 10% at [url]www.happyheinys.co.uk[/url] using code xmas10 - valid till 15th December on purchases over £15.

Original Poster

thansk everyone and especially mellisa
    We are collecting stuff rapidy. Got a cotbed, moses basket, rocker, buggy
    If anyone finds any other bargains please put them up

if you decide to go down the cloth nappy route give me a holler

Baby sleeping bags are a total god send check your local TK max they usually have them for around £10

actually had a quick think and tbh you don't 'need' half the stuff for a new born.

what we used for AM up till he was about 3 months -

Bottles
    bottle warmer
    steam steralizer
    sleep suits
    blankets
    Car seat
    pram (only cos we got given it though he was much much happier in his sling)
    baby moneter

Baby gyms scared the daylights out of him.
    we used cloth nappies and some doubled as burp cloths etc
    We had a baby bath but TBH bending over killed me so he got bathed in the sink or in the bath with us. He hated it anyway lol
    we had a changing table too but never used that either till he was about 4 months old then the little blighter rolled off the darn thing!!! (bad mummy moment for me don't worry I'm still beating myself up over it and he's 3 now!!)

Cheap babying...

breast feed
    use cloth nappies
    ask on freecycle for clothes etc - most of the stuff is hardly worn

things I wish I'd never had because I didn't use them or thought they were a waste...

nappy sanitisier thingy that makes stinky sausages of disposable nappies
    steriliser
    moses basket (too noisy, every time baby moved it woke me up)
    travel cot
    cotton wool - its extortionate and you use so much of it - get nice soft cotton wipes and fluffy towels and reuse them

Christine

Original Poster

thans jenny/Christine, excellent advice. I will pass onto my wife

Original Poster

would you advise a car seat with a base, does it make it alot easier to take in and out?

God yes. The maxi cosi comes with a base like this, and the car seat clicks straight onto some prams so you don't need to wake baby to go 'out and about'. I wouldn't have a car seat any other way .... saves a lot of backache !

Original Poster

melissab

God yes. The maxi cosi comes with a base like this, and the car seat … God yes. The maxi cosi comes with a base like this, and the car seat clicks straight onto some prams so you don't need to wake baby to go 'out and about'. I wouldn't have a car seat any other way .... saves a lot of backache !

Thanks, will pick up the maxi cosi then, it seems to be the lightest.

Another question, is it worth getting a baby monitor with a screen?

I purchased all my stuff from this Independant in North West London called Just Kidding. Thet gave me 12.50% off everything!!! Purchased loads of stuff!! Had great deals on Bugaboo stuff. Website was [url]www.justkiddingonline.co.uk[/url] - use the voucher code 'MTICKLEDPINK' for 10% off.

The last time i checked they had some good deals - Verve Pushchair (that a friend purchased at nearly half price) and half price Nostalgia stuff ( a few weeks ago now).

Hope that helps.

im selling a first wheels pram if interested.personally i bought a monitor with a mat that monitors babys breathing and i bought 1 with a camera once they were older so i could see when they were getting out of bed!

Berbatov

Thanks, will pick up the maxi cosi then, it seems to be the … Thanks, will pick up the maxi cosi then, it seems to be the lightest.Another question, is it worth getting a baby monitor with a screen?

Nope IMO but I think that would be a personal thing

Berbatov

Thanks, will pick up the maxi cosi then, it seems to be the … Thanks, will pick up the maxi cosi then, it seems to be the lightest.Another question, is it worth getting a baby monitor with a screen?

I don't know anything about the maxi-cosi base but make sure it fits your car before you buy it! Check at places like mothercare and ToysRus.

We have the AngelCare baby system which comes with a movement sensor. We've only used the sensor pads several times but great peace of mind when they get poorly.

We also bought the universal steriliser from Argos because that's the one they had in our local hospital as we had to go back in as I wasn't producing enough milk - cost about £20 and is still going strong now. It fits 6 doctor Brown bottles. Microwave steriliser didn't fit in our microwave. In my opinion you DO need a steriliser - even if you are breastfeeding you will need the odd water bottle, etc.

Definitely go for a bath rest - saves an aching arm and aching back and makes the baby and you feel more secure.

Keep checking freecycle out. I gave away tons of great stuff, some unused, particularly clothing.

i dont know if you have a clearance bargains(argos end of line etc store) bye you they where doing a fully reclining pushchairs,bouncer and travel cot for £50 which is great value.

I agree with jen - no need for a camera on the monitor - IMO the sensor pad is more than enough. As long as the baby is breathing, you won't hear an alarm ... and if they start crying, you'll hear it. No need to see them as well.

Fruity has had the same experiences as me - the steriliser I recommended fits 6 Dr Browns bottles, so is plenty big enough for most people (unless you have twins !!)

Original Poster

great advice...keep it coming

Will check out some of the websites mentioned

Hi

I'm pregnant at the minute and the National Childbirth Trust nearly new sales are really good. If you go to their website put in your postcode and contact them.

Tommy tippee hand breast pump in Home Bargains £3.99.

Boots had 3 for 2 on huggies nappies recently then a £10.00 code of this forum.

TK Maxx have really nice mobiles quite reasonable

Cosykids on fleabay sell some really good returns, I got a Medela electric pump cheap and a spring mattress.Both new but returns. They sell all sorts.

Join all the mothers and baby clubs Boots, Toys r us, Tesco, Morrisons, Pampers, Huggies. They send you lots of vouchers with discounts off

I hope that helps

As you can see I'm really thrifty:giggle:

Original Poster

mm4143

HiI'm pregnant at the minute and the National Childbirth Trust nearly new … HiI'm pregnant at the minute and the National Childbirth Trust nearly new sales are really good. If you go to their website put in your postcode and contact them.Tommy tippee hand breast pump in Home Bargains £3.99.Boots had 3 for 2 on huggies nappies recently then a £10.00 code of this forum.TK Maxx have really nice mobiles quite reasonable Cosykids on fleabay sell some really good returns, I got a Medela electric pump cheap and a spring mattress.Both new but returns. They sell all sorts.Join all the mothers and baby clubs Boots, Toys r us, Tesco, Morrisons, Pampers, Huggies. They send you lots of vouchers with discounts offI hope that helpsAs you can see I'm really thrifty:giggle:

thanks, We are thrifty too. My parents gave us 2k for the baby but I would rather put it into a baby account. Where are you located?
    We met someone who does baby stuff through oxfam. She turns over 40k for oxfam a year and we went and saw her and she had loads of stuff for us. Baby blankets, pushchair, clothes etc etc

mm4143

HiI'm pregnant at the minute and the National Childbirth Trust nearly new … HiI'm pregnant at the minute and the National Childbirth Trust nearly new sales are really good. If you go to their website put in your postcode and contact them.Tommy tippee hand breast pump in Home Bargains £3.99.Boots had 3 for 2 on huggies nappies recently then a £10.00 code of this forum.TK Maxx have really nice mobiles quite reasonable Cosykids on fleabay sell some really good returns, I got a Medela electric pump cheap and a spring mattress.Both new but returns. They sell all sorts.Join all the mothers and baby clubs Boots, Toys r us, Tesco, Morrisons, Pampers, Huggies. They send you lots of vouchers with discounts offI hope that helpsAs you can see I'm really thrifty:giggle:

Some great ideas here :thumbsup: - especially about the NCT sales

Hi all

My location is Cumbria. Don't know about Oxfam up here

I also go to a local car boot and they had a Quinny for £100 was gobsmacked it was like new. Brand new baby clothes Gap, Rocca and J Jnr real cheap

Forgot to say Tesco had a mother and baby week 2 months ago and their Tommee Tippee's were half price. Worth keeping an eye out.

Mothercare had the nappy wrapper for £14.99 half price if you want one

The good thing about NCT sales is when you've finished with everything, you can go put them back in the sale, they take 25% commission. But it goes to a real good cause. Our local one they were queued round the block in the rain. They'll fight you for the bargains as well ha. Just offer to help out and sell then you get first shout at things:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks

Just got back our first NCT class, was really good

Is it really worth getting a nappy wrapper? Surely the smell comes through

I will defintely try and go to the next NCT sale

I love my nappy wrapper. They are only £15, and IMO well worth it. I can't smell anything once the nappy is tied up.

But ... you do have to keep on buying cartridges for it, which can be quite costly if you're really trying to budget hard, as they are about £5 each ... but they do last quite a while (but compare to ~20p for a pack of 100 nappy sacks!).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xiaomi redmi note 4 global version.11
      2. Tumble Dryer request12
      3. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 833
      4. Car MOT22

See more discussions