Groups

Anything I can do about it?

If I'd found out about this place sooner (as in about a year ago), I probably would have been able to get a free phone thanks to one of the great deals that get posted here (via cashback/chequeback) but alas I did not.

However, I believe I probably got conned into my current 18 month contract with phones4u - I was led to believe that it would be for 12 months, it was £30 cashback there and then, and I would pay £35 per month, but then after I signed etc. they said that it was actually 18 months, so I thought there was nothing I could then do about it.

This was in the middle of August last year, but looking back on it - was I correct in that there was nothing I could then do about it, and regardless - I don't suppose there's anything I can do about it now though is there?

The whole point I originally went there was because I specifically wanted a 12 month contract, not 18 - if I'd known beforehand that it wouldn't be the case, I probably would have reconsidered either not having a contract at all, or have gone to The Link (since they were doing it with a Free PSP).

5 Comments

Without having any written evidence that it was a 12 month contract, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.
    Could you not have cancelled the contract as soon as they told you it was an 18 month contract instead of a 12?

Yeah, Fones4U are very 'economical' with the truth - I was talked into a contract that I wanted anyway, but I didn't like the way they went about selling it to me - telling me that it was only so much each month (but forgetting to tell me that that was after the cashback which could only be claimed in arrears, 3 months at a time), intimating that it was a 12 month contract (although I was aware that it would be for 18 months), rubbishing a particular make of phone, & then telling me how wonderful it was 'now that it had been fixed' once they realised that my contract came with that particular phone.

Definitely got the impression they were more concerned with sales targets rather than the customer. When the contract is up for renewal I'll be going elsewhere...

Original Poster

dinosteveus

Without having any written evidence that it was a 12 month contract, I … Without having any written evidence that it was a 12 month contract, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.Could you not have cancelled the contract as soon as they told you it was an 18 month contract instead of a 12?

I just assumed that as I'd signed, that there was nothing I could then do about it.

I was conned into a 18 month contract with them as well and for 4 months it did not work. Customer services (in India) is [email protected]

Found out there is nothing I can do about it and thank God the contract is finished in July. They will never ever have me step inside one of their shops EVER again.

#1 rip off con artists in the phone industry. And if they want to sue me for my comments, bring it on 'cos I have all the calls logged.

Cheeky muppets told me to stand near the window to get a better signal :x They asked me where I was when I couldn't get a signal and they could check it out on their system. I told them I was in Gatwick - could you spell that for me - G A T W I C K. Oh no sir I can't find that place, is there another town name you could give me.

And just in case anyone from India is reading this, Gatwick is the second London Airport, after Heathrow, where Air India and Jet Airways fly into, that's why it's called London Gatwick.

Turned out I had a faulty sim card but she couldn't tell me that from her indian call centre either.

And then they wonder why we complain about Indian call centres and their staff.

Original Poster

I'm just glad that I at least cancelled the insurance after the mandatory one month - otherwise they'd be making more money out of me.

Still got 9 months to go until the contract is up though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …814
      2. word survey11
      3. What would be HELL to you?2227
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710953

See more discussions