Anyone cancelling their sports subscription because of the coronavirus?

Posted 13th Mar
As the title said and with the premier league and champions league looking to be cancelled there will be no live football and maybe even sport.

Are you cancelling your sports subscription?

Seems crazy for people like me paying £30 + for channels without the sport they originally expected.

Surely they’ll give a discount or not charge, this is Sky after all so maybe not.

What’s everyone else doing?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
I was about to get a now tv sports pass ready for the f1 season, glad I waited now
I highly doubt the company will do anything as they’ll make their money. I would guess it’ll have to come from government to cancel/freeze subscription
ask, they need to show sport and if they cant supply they would normally allow cancellation but really depends on the company and their policies. Over night I have had 4 emails from hotel and car rental companies about their change in policies including cancellations so you never know what the Sky policy will be though its Sky so most probably will just keep taking your money.
Edited by: "eslick" 13th Mar
Good luck mate, I just don't think Sky are going to allow you to simply walk away from it whatever happens. I recently walked away from their phone/broadband after receiving their 30 day notification - something they are obliged to send under Ofcom rules. Initiated a switch to another provider, then called them to give them an update as per their request (only Ofcom states this is not a specific requirement, you only need speak to the new provider) to be told by their CS staff I'd be facing substantial charges for leaving my contract early - wrong again. If they can't interpret their legal obligations around mid contract price rises I'd dread to think what trouble you might encounter leaving your Sports packages early!
Edited by: "joeydeacon" 13th Mar
INDUSTRYHATER13/03/2020 06:54

I was about to get a now tv sports pass ready for the f1 season, glad I …I was about to get a now tv sports pass ready for the f1 season, glad I waited now

NowTv will provide a week pass free for any race which is postponed (not for ones cancelled) in their updates terms. So you’ll get an extra free week for China, but not for Australia.
Never thought of this, good point :/
ArcadeAssassin13/03/2020 09:47

NowTv will provide a week pass free for any race which is postponed (not …NowTv will provide a week pass free for any race which is postponed (not for ones cancelled) in their updates terms. So you’ll get an extra free week for China, but not for Australia.

Not even China now! Get set for May maybe...
Thanks everyone for your comments, I’ve gave my 31 day notice on sky sports today. Sky rep said they’re leaving it up to each customer to decide whether to cancel all not. Seems insane that they’re going to charge people a big fee monthly with no sport on!
Good point, think I'll be doing the same
Lewis Hamilton; Premier League footballers, their agents; England cricketers all need to be paid somehow
Gollywood14/03/2020 03:33

Lewis Hamilton; Premier League footballers, their agents; England …Lewis Hamilton; Premier League footballers, their agents; England cricketers all need to be paid somehow

Not my problem
Gollywood14/03/2020 03:33

Lewis Hamilton; Premier League footballers, their agents; England …Lewis Hamilton; Premier League footballers, their agents; England cricketers all need to be paid somehow

i think with their wealth, they can lose a couple of month's pay without going bankrupt.

we got sky sports subscription quite cheap as part of black friday deal so if we leave temporarily we may lose the deal but good point OP, i will see if we can freeze the subscription without losing the deal if they don't show the cricket and rugby which are the sports that hubby watches.
Edited by: "mutley1" 14th Mar
You can pause your subscription now, sky just released a statement
Cancelled my season ticket for next month, but can't do much about the remainder of this month.
Switching it for the adult channels
Looks like they are allowing you to pause subscription
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants