Groups

Anyway of getting a contract phone with CCJ's etc?

Any phone company's out there that overlook people with terrible credit files like me? Im on pay as you go with O2 atm but my Sony Eric camera has stopped working and tbh im spending about 40squid a month on topping the bleeding thing up anyway.

cheers for any pointers.

14 Comments

try ' dialaphone' they might be able to help you, check their website out.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Aha cheers for reminding me yeah sure one of he lad's from work managed to get one from there and his CF is pretty dire.

Try going into the phone companies store at the high street.
    If you are topping up £40 per month it's worth you putting down a deposit
    to get a contract phone ( I am pretty sure they still do this )

Best of luck............

aphex187;3259152

Aha cheers for reminding me yeah sure one of he lad's from work … Aha cheers for reminding me yeah sure one of he lad's from work managed to get one from there and his CF is pretty dire.

i am saying them as we had friends that had been living out the country for some years, and never had a problem getting one from them within a short time of being back in th uk. good luck.

Original Poster

Hey cheers simon for the info

Yeah just tried Dial-a but they don't take Solo as a card, thx anyway sofia

Banned

go to 3, pretty sure they dont credit search

aphex187;3259300

Hey cheers simon for the info ;)Yeah just tried Dial-a but they don't … Hey cheers simon for the info ;)Yeah just tried Dial-a but they don't take Solo as a card, thx anyway sofia

mobilephonesdirect.co.uk accept Solo.

MobileShop.com also accept Solo however

Solo CardsWe accept Solo cards for all purchases, except for O2 or 3 … Solo CardsWe accept Solo cards for all purchases, except for O2 or 3 mobile phone contracts. However, where a Solo card is used, we require a proof of identification and a proof of address sending to us before we can complete the transaction. Contact our Customer Service Team for more information.

phones4u.co.uk also accept Solo

Try some of the other listed here ]http//ww…tml

Dont know about 3 accepting Solo but I'm pretty sure they dont care about credit files.

Cheers.

Original Poster

Thx Ste m8

hankmarvin4;3259385

go to 3, pretty sure they dont credit search

StevenA2000_uk;3259454

Dont know about 3 accepting Solo but I'm pretty sure they dont care about … Dont know about 3 accepting Solo but I'm pretty sure they dont care about credit files.

They do credit search and they do care about any poor history. I can confirm this from experience from trying instore, that wasnt down to having poor credit history either just a simple lack of credit history, they wanted something like a £300 deposit for a £15 a month, 12 month contract:x

harlzter;3259851

They do credit search and they do care about any poor history. I can … They do credit search and they do care about any poor history. I can confirm this from experience from trying instore, that wasnt down to having poor credit history either just a simple lack of credit history, they wanted something like a £300 deposit for a £15 a month, 12 month contract:x

Said that because I had credit issues many years ago and while every other operator refused me 3 accepted my contract application online without any deposit or anything, although I do agree that applying successfully instore can be more difficult for some bizarre reason. The only problem with credit scoring is that it can change at any time by the company. Its just a case of try and try again.

I went to vodafone to get a contract once, went 10 mins before the store closed and the assisant skipped the credit search to get the contract set up...

Lucky me, as I would have failed it... lol

ChipSticks;3259995

I went to vodafone to get a contract once, went 10 mins before the store … I went to vodafone to get a contract once, went 10 mins before the store closed and the assisant skipped the credit search to get the contract set up... Lucky me, as I would have failed it... lol

lol..nice one. Thats what I call innovation! Good show!

StevenA2000_uk;3260001

lol..nice one. Thats what I call innovation! Good show!

That ended up being the best phone deal I ever got. I got the hottest phone of the moment, the sharp gx30i, she knocked off the £90 I should have paid for, let me have it on an £18 a month contract, skipped the credit check, then a month later I bought out of the contract for £105. the phone was about £280 to buy at the time..

Banned

StevenA2000_uk;3259868

Said that because I had credit issues many years ago and while every … Said that because I had credit issues many years ago and while every other operator refused me 3 accepted my contract application online without any deposit or anything, although I do agree that applying successfully instore can be more difficult for some bizarre reason. The only problem with credit scoring is that it can change at any time by the company. Its just a case of try and try again.

same here, did it online and did not get credit searched or pay a deposit
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2275
      2. Free Sky Sports Day Pass if anyone wants it22
      3. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay918
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?915

See more discussions