Groups

Anyway to cancel a DW sports membership early?

Banned
    Anyway to cancel it. I'm tied into a contract for the next 6 months but i really can't afford the £42 a month anymore, This coupled with depression makes me want to cancel it. Is there anyway i can cancel early or do i have to just keep paying it till it's up?

5 Comments

generally if you explain the situation places are helpful, they could cancel FOC but more likely suspend membership for six months hope this helps.. have you spoken to stepchange??

DW?
    If you are in a contract and on benefits then you may not be able to cancel, but if making the payments is going to cause hardship they must try to reach an acceptable agreement.
    Speak to them and explain that you cannot afford the payments - you wish you could - and say that you need to cancel. Don't mention reduced payments, let them come up with the suggestion. Alternatively you could ask to 'suspend' the contract until you can afford the payments.

Talk to them before non-payment becomes an issue though.
    Edited by: "mrty" 16th Dec 2016

Joe go get a doctors note regards your physical condition, they should refund you then

Original Poster Banned

mrty

DW? If you are in a contract and on benefits then you may not be able to … DW? If you are in a contract and on benefits then you may not be able to cancel, but if making the payments is going to cause hardship they must try to reach an acceptable agreement.Speak to them and explain that you cannot afford the payments - you wish you could - and say that you need to cancel. Don't mention reduced payments, let them come up with the suggestion. Alternatively you could ask to ;suspend' the contract until you can afford the payments.Talk to them before non=payment becomes an issue though.

I will give them a call next week. I'm not on benefits i'm working.

Don't forget that exercise is beneficial for those with depression . All those endorphins .
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…46
      2. Where i can find maternity clothes for cheaper price in London?11
      3. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?57
      4. Family Spotify account43

See more discussions