Groups

Anyway to get internet without the phone line

My OH and I have decided to get rid of Sky and go Freesat, I have sky as my phone line and Broadband but would really like to get rid of the phone line aswell as we both have mobiles with generous call time and hardly use the house phone.

So is there a way I can get the internet without a phone line ( I download a lot and have the Xbox connected to it ) or if I have to have a phone line then one where the line rental and broadband are combined and is really cheap and of a good standard.

Going offline now, so will see your replies tommorow night.

Thanks

9 Comments

Mobile internet or Virgin fibre optic, the only two choices without a phone line.

Mobile internet is unstable and fibre optic without phone line is expensive

02 phone and broadband is prob cheapest

you can get mobile broadband using a usb dongle, but for XBL and lots of downloading it'd be expensive

next place i'd look would be o2, but you'd require a phoneline from them

(and as the guy above said virgin fibre optic is really expensive)

Virgin do a good fibre optic internet available which does not require a phone line. Although it is not available everywhere i dont think because i could not get it in my area.

robappleby89;8776610

Virgin do a good fibre optic internet available which does not require a … Virgin do a good fibre optic internet available which does not require a phone line. Although it is not available everywhere i dont think because i could not get it in my area.

Don't forget cashback if you go VM, also be aware of potential if not already enforced throttling on products.
    But with VM to get the best deal, you need to get their phoneline product.

I think Virgin fibre optic is the only choice really apart from mobile, which isnt too great and would work out a lot more expensive then virgin if you only plan on using it at home.

schizoboy;8776741

Don't forget cashback if you go VM, also be aware of potential if not … Don't forget cashback if you go VM, also be aware of potential if not already enforced throttling on products.But with VM to get the best deal, you need to get their phoneline product.

Quidco cashback for virgin is quite good :thumbsup:

dcx_badass;8776796

Just get something like talk talk £23 a month for the line and broadband, … Just get something like talk talk £23 a month for the line and broadband, not that expensive really, about the same as mobile broadband but much better.

Me, Parents, gf, are all on O2 £7.50/month deal on top of £11ish line rental.
    But we are all on O2 mobile contracts. but i became an O2 ***** when they had £100 QuidCo and 3months free.

dcx_badass;8776796

Just get something like talk talk £23 a month for the line and broadband, … Just get something like talk talk £23 a month for the line and broadband, not that expensive really, about the same as mobile broadband but much better.

Did you even read the title :thumbsup:

Original Poster

schizoboy;8776806

Me, Parents, gf, are all on O2 £7.50/month deal on top of £11ish line r … Me, Parents, gf, are all on O2 £7.50/month deal on top of £11ish line rental.But we are all on O2 mobile contracts. but i became an O2 ***** when they had £100 QuidCo and 3months free.

The GF is with O2, seems the cheapest with a stable landline, is mobile internet really bad, prone to lag and cutting out I would imagine.

Thanks all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3741455
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2174
      3. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)22
      4. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX33

See more discussions