AO woe

Found 30th Dec 2017
So ordered a dyson v8 animal from AO during the ebay 20% off event. Long story short after a long delivery date which i questioned which was brought forwards and a call this afternoon from them to confirm everything was ok for delivery tommorow..... get another call this evening to says its out of stock and they dont have a date for restock. Can we discuss options..... bearing in mind was originally £319 but because of the ebay event paid £256. So options were v7 which is currently £419 but we will wave the difference (thanks....) or the v8 absolute model which is £519 but we will halve the difference with you meaning you only pay £100 more....... (thanks)

Obviously an out and out refund would not put me back to square one as the ebay event is long over. Interested in what some of the lovely hukd ppl think/would do. Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Lost me -their offers seem reasonable - Or wait for them to restock ?
I'd go with the V7, you get the next model up and have nowt to pay! Happy days that

Also, ridiculous price for a vacuum!
I’d wait for stock. If you cancel it’s worth Messaging eBay, they may give you a new discount code.
Which is the V7 at £419, I can only see some at about £250?
Original Poster
MIDURIX3 m ago

Which is the V7 at £419, I can only see some at about £250?

Not sure it was what the lady on the phone said. To be fair even at £250 (£6 less than i paid) the v7 wouldnt tempt me as thats normal price for one
Original Poster
Just checked and the 239 v7 is the motorhead (standard) and its deffo £419 for the v7 animal
Original Poster
JamieBeveridge25 s ago

Just checked and the 239 v7 is the motorhead (standard) and its deffo £419 …Just checked and the 239 v7 is the motorhead (standard) and its deffo £419 for the v7 animal

Which is obviously ridiculous
£519 for the V8 Absolute has been £349 over the last month and is £249 refurbished on ebay from Dyson often. If you pay £100 for it you are paying £6-7 over the odds.
The eBay code thing has nothing to do with them, though.

They weren't the ones offering the discount so if they refund you they are putting you back to your original situation of having X money back in your pocket.
The best option for me is to take the refund and see if you can find a similar price elsewhere. I see Dyson cordless vacuums on offer all the time on here.

What you can do about the code is complain with eBay to try and get them to give you another code since that one you've used would go to waste through no fault of your own.
Edited by: "hearts22" 31st Dec 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants