aoc wont replace dead pixel

Found 26th May 2017
I've just got gifted a brand new aoc 4k led monitor. And it's got a deal pixel and they won't replace. It's got all stickers on It literaly new. And they won't help. What can I do. Consumer rights?
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
As it has been gifted to you. There are no consumer rights. You will need to get hold of the purchaser who purchased the monitor to call on your behalf. However dead pixels are not covered by warranty. Unless there are many in a square inch.
Long distance selling regulation. Get whoever bought it for you to send it back and get a replacement.
Original Poster
Got home of mum who got it me. Bought in January and no recipet to be found!!
Was it bought on card? If so the retailer will help in finding your receipt from your mums bank statement.
Original Poster
pricesavvy

Was it bought on card? If so the retailer will help in finding your … Was it bought on card? If so the retailer will help in finding your receipt from your mums bank statement.

I don't think so will have you check. She normally buys cash but hopefully not this time
5reds

Got home of mum who got it me. Bought in January and no recipet to be … Got home of mum who got it me. Bought in January and no recipet to be found!!

Too late to return as unwanted and one dead pixel is not classed as fault. Best you could hope for would be gesture of goodwill from merchant / manufacturer.
Unfortunately having a item gifted is not covered under the consumer rights act. Dead pixels are a grey subject also. You could have several dotted around the screen and it's not actually classed as a fault unless there's over a certain amount in proximity
Dead or stuck pixels are a manufacturing defect, but what is "normal" is that most LCD manufacturers allow for an "acceptable" number of dead or stuck pixels before they'll replace screens. The ISO 13406-2 standard defines different Pixel Fault Classes and how many pixel defects are allowed for each class; Class I displays aren't allowed to have any defects at all, but the more common Class II displays allow for as many as two dead or stuck pixels and as many as five subpixel defects.

Complying with these standards isn't mandatory, but individual companies' pixel policies suggest that they mostly try to adhere to the Class II guidelines. HP will accept up to five total subpixel defects, but zero full-pixel defects. Dell's fancier monitors can't have any bright sub-pixels but up to six dark subpixels are acceptable, while their lower-end displays can have between three and six bright subpixel defects. Apple encourages "concerned" customers to bring their computers in for evaluation, but doesn't define an acceptable maximum number of stuck pixels. Asus, Acer, AOC, ViewSonic, and others all have slightly different policies based on what monitor you buy and how old it is, but they all stick close to the Class II guidelines.

Buy another one online, return this one due to the faults, or using the excuse you've changed your mind.
Have you massaged them? Or use to be a colour run program that would see if they were just stuck worked for me but it was years ago worth a google n a try..
themorgatron

Buy another one online, return this one due to the faults, or using the … Buy another one online, return this one due to the faults, or using the excuse you've changed your mind.

Which would be classed as fraud, proven by different serial numbers.
You should have immediately returned it under the long distance selling rules, I fear you've left it too late. Like someone said, AOC might do a gesture of goodwill..a partial refund or voucher?
kencol

You should have immediately returned it under the long distance selling … You should have immediately returned it under the long distance selling rules, I fear you've left it too late. Like someone said, AOC might do a gesture of goodwill..a partial refund or voucher?

Long distance selling rules are you can return within 14 days, his mother bought this in January and only 'recently' gifted OP the monitor this all really depends on what the OP means by recent, so very likely the 14 days have passed, also OP has stated the its very likely cash was used to purchase which indicates that they purchased at a store rather than online or over the phone unless cash was sent in the post (but why would anyone do that?)
OP your best bet it what has already been mentioned above if you cannot find a receipt, is to check a credit card statement for the purchase, if cash was used and no receipt you may be out of luck unless the manufacturer or the suppliers agree to replace or repair as a goodwill gesture
kencol

Which would be classed as fraud, proven by different serial numbers.

Yep, meanwhile in the real world I prefer to let a large corporation suffer due to a poor product, rather than my own pocket.
themorgatron

Yep, meanwhile in the real world I prefer to let a large corporation … Yep, meanwhile in the real world I prefer to let a large corporation suffer due to a poor product, rather than my own pocket.

It's not worth getting into trouble for. I'm sure electronics vendors will know which serial number was shipped to which order, in which case they certainly won't refund, but are more likely to report it to the police.
I'm not a die hard Christian or anything, I'm just careful about the actions I take and try to think about the potential consequences for me.
Original Poster
I've just got hold of my mum. And she said she bought it from eBay brand new.
1 dead pixel out of thousands is not considered a defect sadly. It it had a no dead pixel guarantee from the seller than maybe Paypal would help but doubtful as explained above one is within the tolerance. I've had a stuck pixel on my 1440p display for 2 years you eventually get used to it and don't notice it at all and mine is near the centre
justanothercid

Have you massaged them? Or use to be a colour run program that would see … Have you massaged them? Or use to be a colour run program that would see if they were just stuck worked for me but it was years ago worth a google n a try..

This has worked for me too in the past. I had bought a Samsung 20" monitor from Comet (remember them?) and it had a couple of stuck pixels. Running this programme (not sure what i is called, but easy to find by googling) th pixels became unstuck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants