Groups

Aol and Bt line help

I have AOL for wireless broadbandand am quite happy with them. However I have ordered the sky Hd and sky talk (including their line rental) and this is going to be taking over from BT on monday. Spoke with someone at AOL today and they say that they can only supply broadband via a bt line and if I am no longer renting the line from BT then I can't stay with AOL.

Spoke with sky and they say this is not right and to just leave it until after Monday and they are sure that AOL will still be functional.

Anyone else had this problem?

15 Comments

Depends, if Sky are putting you on LLU then they are correct, if not they you can stay

samknows.com/bro…rch

What does the above say when you put in your exchange under LLU ?

Original Poster

Broadband availability overview
    ADSL:
    Yes
    SDSL: Yes
    LLU services: Yes
    Cable: Yes
    Wireless: Yes

Sky said that the line they use is BT compatbile

Original Poster

Is that what you mean?

On the right hand side it will say LLU is Sky ticked ??

Heres mine for example

LLU operator presence

AOL:Not available
    O2 / Be:Not available
    C&W / Bulldog:Not available
    Edge Telecom:Not available
    Entanet:Not available
    Lumison: Not available
    NewNet: Not available
    Node4:Not available
    Orange: Not available
    Pipex:Not available
    Sky / Easynet: Not available
    Smallworld: Not available
    TalkTalk (CPW):Enabled
    Tiscali: Not available
    Tiscali TV: Not available
    WB Internet: Not available
    Zen Internet: Not available

Original Poster

AOL: Enabled
    O2 / Be: Enabled
    C&W / Bulldog: Enabled as of 03/06/2006
    Edge Telecom: Not available
    Entanet: Not available
    Lumison:Not available
    NewNet: Not available
    Node4: Not available
    Orange: Enabled as of 20/01/2010
    Pipex: Not available
    Sky / Easynet: Enabled as of 03/09/2006
    Smallworld: Not available
    TalkTalk (CPW): Enabled
    Tiscali: Enabled as of 01/12/2006
    Tiscali TV: Enabled
    WB Internet: Not available
    Zen Internet: Not available

Original Poster

Just read up on it and I see what you are saying now. So basically AOL are right and I can't stay with them unless I cancel sky and stay with BT right?

greatminds;7942043

Just read up on it and I see what you are saying now. So basically AOL … Just read up on it and I see what you are saying now. So basically AOL are right and I can't stay with them unless I cancel sky and stay with BT right?

I think thats right.

Whats the reason you wanted to go to sky? BT pretty much have all the prices matched

Original Poster

I am paying £25 a month to BT for anytime usage and line rental. I am also paying £14.99 a month to AOL for wireless bb. Sky are offering £21 for anytime usage and line rental but you also get free calls internationally.

I might cancel the sky as i am in the 28 day cooling period. AOL have offered £6.99 for wireless bb and anytime calls and the line rental with BT is just over £11 so I guess that is a better offer anyway.

Everything is so flipping confusing, I just want to be able to come on hotdeals and do my shopping lol

lol

BT line rental 11.54 - with DD and paperless
    AOL anytime calls free
    AOL BB 6.99
    SKY TV $$

Looks like thats the way to go

Hang on, £25 with BT for line and anytime???

£16.53 it should only be that

Original Poster

Thats what it was when I took it out but the bills were £25 and when I queried they said that it was exclusive of VAT

Original Poster

Starr;7942153

lolBT line rental 11.54 - with DD and paperlessAOL anytime calls freeAOL … lolBT line rental 11.54 - with DD and paperlessAOL anytime calls freeAOL BB 6.99SKY TV $$Looks like thats the way to go

It does doesn't it. Will call sky tommorow and cancel the sky talk. Thanks for your help both of you, have repped you

greatminds;7942133

I am paying £25 a month to BT for anytime usage and line rental. I am … I am paying £25 a month to BT for anytime usage and line rental. I am also paying £14.99 a month to AOL for wireless bb. Sky are offering £21 for anytime usage and line rental but you also get free calls internationally.I might cancel the sky as i am in the 28 day cooling period. AOL have offered £6.99 for wireless bb and anytime calls and the line rental with BT is just over £11 so I guess that is a better offer anyway. Everything is so flipping confusing, I just want to be able to come on hotdeals and do my shopping lol

That's what i have ^^^ but so many people are paying so much more to AOL,they don't realise if they threaten to leave they will get offered this deal:thumbsup:

Original Poster

deb8z;7942665

That's what i have ^^^ but so many people are paying so much more to … That's what i have ^^^ but so many people are paying so much more to AOL,they don't realise if they threaten to leave they will get offered this deal:thumbsup:

Wish I had known before - Have been on £14.99 for years! :oops:

Original Poster

All sorted. Bt line and aol £6.99 for bb and phone :-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32163
      2. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay11
      3. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1015
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764322

See more discussions