Found 4th Jun 2008
My computer runs ok if I browse through Firefox but if I do it through AOL it is really slow. Is there any reason for this? I am not tied to a contract so am also thinking of looking for another provider so any pointers would be great there too. Thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

If it runs ok thru firefox it sure as hell ain't your connection so changing providers would be a waste of time.
Probably spyware get, ]spybot S&D, install update and scan (don't for get to immunize system.
Do this and post back, also try a clear out (disk Clean up) in Start/allprograms/accessories). then defrag system

AOL has built in protection, Spyzapper etc, but I think that when America wakes up, about 4pm our time, there is just a huge volume of traffic.

Original Poster

maddogb;2243781

If it runs ok thru firefox it sure as hell ain't your connection so … If it runs ok thru firefox it sure as hell ain't your connection so changing providers would be a waste of time.Probably spyware get, ]spybot S&D, install update and scan (don't for get to immunize system.Do this and post back, also try a clear out (disk Clean up) in Start/allprograms/accessories). then defrag system

Will try this but I'll get my OH to do it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks!

ditch aol remove the aol poop from you pc (will run alot faster) and get o2/be if enabled on you exchange if not go for a entra reseller like adsl24.co.uk

I used to be with AOL and it was exactly the same. Family members have also had the same problem. Funnily enough i have had no bother since i changed my ISP. My advice would be to seriously consider changing.

Original Poster

And thank you too!

Yep get rid of AOL - I will be soon!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Will iPad 2 iOS update slows it down?23
    2. Whey protien633
    3. Home CCTV system advice.11
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?710

See more discussions