Groups

AOL THE STUPID *******

Wont let me play ea games online between 4 and 11 pm FLIP sake.
    no fifa online for me eh
    plus i cant get onto shift

24 Comments

That sux. I'm on o2 and it's flawless!

harsh

Wow thats BS.

Original Poster

OK i'm payin 40 quid a month nd stuck in the stupid contract
    pathetic

tony_dudz;6412036

OK i'm payin 40 quid a month nd stuck in the stupid contract. pathetic

AOL, LOL.

Original Poster

and about 10 hours of the day its a 0.12 mb nd about 2 hours its at 1.5mb, shockin, i used to get 4.5mb about a 7 months ago.

Any particular reason why it won't let you play?

Original Poster

abomination;6412055

Any particular reason why it won't let you play?

cos aol dont let u on ea servers between them times

tony_dudz;6412054

and about 10 hours of the day its a 0.12 mb nd about 2 hours its at … and about 10 hours of the day its a 0.12 mb nd about 2 hours its at 1.5mb, shockin, i used to get 4.5mb about a 7 months ago.

leave as soon as possible!!!

Original Poster

muffin247;6412066

leave as soon as possible!!!

ano, ive phoned up for my mac code about 10 times nd they keep sayin ur in a contract nd stuff, unitl christmas! 24 month contracts, never get them again

people still use AOL for a service provider?!?!

tony_dudz;6412080

ano, ive phoned up for my mac code about 10 times nd they keep sayin ur … ano, ive phoned up for my mac code about 10 times nd they keep sayin ur in a contract nd stuff, unitl christmas! 24 month contracts, never get them again

Whether in contract or not they can't refuse you a MAC code

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;6412121

Whether in contract or not they can't refuse you a MAC code

seriously, i thought they could,
    seriously, AOL are a waste of time, whatever anybody does, dont get them.

tony_dudz;6412130

seriously, i thought they could, seriously, AOL are a waste of time, … seriously, i thought they could, seriously, AOL are a waste of time, whatever anybody does, dont get them.

Ofcom regs
    thinkbroadband.com/new…tml
    ofcom.org.uk/med…213

tony_dudz;6412080

ano, ive phoned up for my mac code about 10 times nd they keep sayin ur … ano, ive phoned up for my mac code about 10 times nd they keep sayin ur in a contract nd stuff, unitl christmas!

Then they are in breach of an ofcom ruling.

New Rules by Ofcom on switching With the introduction of new rules, OFCOM … New Rules by Ofcom on switching With the introduction of new rules, OFCOM has curtailed the rogue practices by some ISPs who effectively prevented customers from migrating to new ISPs by not issuing MAC code. The following are the salient points of the new rules: [LIST][*]The existing broadband provider must supply a MAC on request by the customer within five working days, along with its expiry date, and must not charge for this service[*]The new provider must accept a valid MAC.[*][COLOR=Blue]The existing provider cannot withhold a MAC for any reason like debt collection, or for contractual reasons[/COLOR][*][COLOR=RoyalBlue]If the customer requests for a MAC inside the minimum contract period the customer will still be liable for any contractual obligations (including paying subscription charges for the minimum contract period, etc)[/COLOR][*]The provider must explain the reasons to the customer if a MAC cannot be issued.[*]Providers should offer the customer reasonable assistance in migrating from or to another provider[*]The provider must not disconnect a customer’s service if a MAC is requested[*]The provider must provide two different ways to obtain a MAC (e.g. by phone, post, website, etc)[*]A provider must re-issue a MAC on subsequent requests if the previous MAC has expired[*]The new provider can still refuse to supply a service for business reasons including credit worthiness[*]It is only compulsory for an ISP to provide a MAC for home consumers and small businesses (with fewer than ten employees).[/LIST]

Taken from maccode.org.uk/swi…uk/

Lol im on aol, cant be bothered to change, been with them over 2 1/2 years, no problems at all with them!

Original Poster

read the comments there mate, maccode.org.uk/fee…spx
    i have phoned up since the beginning of august but i think (considering the lastest comments on that page) it will be easier, i'll give them a ring tomorrow nd see if it works

Original Poster

*katie*;6412153

Lol im on aol, cant be bothered to change, been with them over 2 1/2 … Lol im on aol, cant be bothered to change, been with them over 2 1/2 years, no problems at all with them!

ive been with them for like 6 years, nd this year they have been ****.
    thanks for rubbing it in lol

Think you can leave but there be a charge cos of break of contract maybe.
    Changeover ISP.

tony_dudz;6412187

ive been with them for like 6 years, nd this year they have been ****. … ive been with them for like 6 years, nd this year they have been ****. thanks for rubbing it in lol

your more than welcome! I would wanna change to o2, but tit's the hassle of doing it

I've been with AOL about 9 years, At first they was fine, as they were one of the only providers offering unlimited internet etc
    But in the past year they have let me down a lot. and for around the past 7 months, they have blocked all my Battlefield games too the *******s. The one game i played the most
    It's AOL's fault and they blame EA.
    Im hoping to go to O2 as soon as possible

Original Poster

DarkKnight;6412250

I've been with AOL about 9 years, At first they was fine, as they were … I've been with AOL about 9 years, At first they was fine, as they were one of the only providers offering unlimited internet etcBut in the past year they have let me down a lot. and for around the past 7 months, they have blocked all my Battlefield games too the *******s. The one game i played the mostIt's AOL's fault and they blame EA.Im hoping to go to O2 as soon as possible

im gettin sky soon,
    i am going to get,
    Unlimited 10mb broadband,
    Variety, Music and childrens packs
    Skysports 1
    free wireless router
    and line rental nd free weekend calls.
    all for 49.50 a month eh
    far better than ****** aol

im on bt and bin playing halo3 online and no probs

jamespir;6412565

im on bt and bin playing halo3 online and no probs

It's an AOL problem
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553789
      2. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)55
      3. Bearded chat1225
      4. Cat Chat77751

See more discussions