Aone Premium DVD+R DL (New UMEDISC-DL1-64 Media Code)

I was going to order some more Aone Dual Layers from Scan and noticed the Aone Plus disks have been replaced with Aone Premium with a different media code.

Has anyone used these for 360 backups ?

Thanks

19 Comments

yes, tested on 2 of each drives, (samsung, hitachi 47&78), benq, lite-on) they worked on all drives except the hitachis, which needed their lasers tweaking..

the previous media code ones worked on the hitachis without and laser tweaking.

All games tested were burned @4X with a Pioneer 216DBK

In short, they work fine, hitachi's have always been crappy with burned media..

(tested on all machines by installing to hard drives with the same 4 games that were burned)

You can get them on ebay cheaper printable if you only need 10 btw?

Original Poster

The drive in my Xbox is a Benq VAD6038 so they should work

Thanks

Scan have them for £3.16 for 10 non printable in their daily offers

joerob1972;6221803

The drive in my Xbox is a Benq VAD6038 so they should workThanksScan have … The drive in my Xbox is a Benq VAD6038 so they should workThanksScan have them for £3.16 for 10 non printable in their daily offers

Delivery will be free if you buy 8 packs otherwise £4 i think?

delivery is only free if you are a member of AVForums and have made over 20 posts on there.

Plus its if the total is more than £20 without the vat

Original Poster

DudeyGeeza;6221849

delivery is only free if you are a member of AVForums and have made over … delivery is only free if you are a member of AVForums and have made over 20 posts on there.Plus its if the total is more than £20 without the vat

Yes I can get free delivery. I need a few other things from Scan so will easily spend over £20+vat

Thanks for your help DudeyGeeza

If you can get them to burn and verify run them through dvd infopro /use PI/PO with a drive that can do jitter like Benq 1640/50/55 IHas/ liteons 20a1p /4p if you can at least get a minimum of 84% for quality rating with mainly green little or no yellow might be ok , any orange and red bin them now or in 3* weeks when they no longer read or wear out your rom mechanics.

At least you will be able to see if they are really worth buying again if they can achieve 84% or higher Quality as verbs are £9.99 for 10 a lot of the time now with free delivery

google.co.uk/sea…oq=

Some other peoples views on them

DudeyGeeza;6221716

yes, tested on 2 of each drives, (samsung, hitachi 47&78), benq, lite-on) … yes, tested on 2 of each drives, (samsung, hitachi 47&78), benq, lite-on) they worked on all drives except the hitachis, which needed their lasers tweaking..the previous media code ones worked on the hitachis without and laser tweaking.All games tested were burned @4X with a Pioneer 216DBKIn short, they work fine, hitachi's have always been crappy with burned media..(tested on all machines by installing to hard drives with the same 4 games that were burned)

What discs do you recommend for Hitachi? my 360 was made in 2006 and the only discs I buy atm are verbatim because i know they work but I need a cheaper alternative.

rwm24;6222457

What discs do you recommend for Hitachi? my 360 was made in 2006 and the … What discs do you recommend for Hitachi? my 360 was made in 2006 and the only discs I buy atm are verbatim because i know they work but I need a cheaper alternative.

dont.. sorry, had soooo many hitachis through my hands and only a couple didnt need tweaking to read a-ones. if you dont mind tweaking your laser, get them..

DudeyGeeza;6222491

dont.. sorry, had soooo many hitachis through my hands and only a couple … dont.. sorry, had soooo many hitachis through my hands and only a couple didnt need tweaking to read a-ones. if you dont mind tweaking your laser, get them..

What discs should I use then as a cheaper alternative to verbatims that will work on a hiatchi? I have no idea how to tweak my laser

rwm24;6225249

What discs should I use then as a cheaper alternative to verbatims that … What discs should I use then as a cheaper alternative to verbatims that will work on a hiatchi? I have no idea how to tweak my laser

all i can say is try a pack of aones, I've used em for nearly 500 burns.. only had a couple of coasters which were my fault, and never had one that didnt work on my machines or any of my mates that i have supplied them to..

But those with hitachi's are riding a thin line dude..

Do you play on live or are you ever likely to?

I buy aones now and install to HDD. Not much fussed about the quality since it only needs to verify at launch.

DudeyGeeza;6225281

all i can say is try a pack of aones, I've used em for nearly 500 burns.. … all i can say is try a pack of aones, I've used em for nearly 500 burns.. only had a couple of coasters which were my fault, and never had one that didnt work on my machines or any of my mates that i have supplied them to..But those with hitachi's are riding a thin line dude..Do you play on live or are you ever likely to?

Nope I never play on live, I haven't even installed the update that was released ~3 weeks ago.

I will look out for a very small coaster of aones to test, thanks.

dontasciime;6222236

If you can get them to burn and verify run them through dvd infopro /use … If you can get them to burn and verify run them through dvd infopro /use PI/PO with a drive that can do jitter like Benq 1640/50/55 IHas/ liteons 20a1p /4p if you can at least get a minimum of 84% for quality rating with mainly green little or no yellow might be ok , any orange and red bin them now or in 3* weeks when they no longer read or wear out your rom mechanics.At least you will be able to see if they are really worth buying again if they can achieve 84% or higher Quality as verbs are £9.99 for 10 a lot of the time now with free deliveryhttp://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=UMEDISC-DL1-64+&btnG=Google+Search&meta=lr%3D&aq=f&oq=Some other peoples views on them

Can anyone try this? I don't have a hard drive so don't want to strain out my drive etc.

Met-Cast;6231334

Can anyone try this? I don't have a hard drive so don't want to strain … Can anyone try this? I don't have a hard drive so don't want to strain out my drive etc.

Yes did it last night, 87.64 and 89.21 two different burns both done @4X on two different Pioneer 216DBK's.

If you have a poorer writer, you may not get as good results.

DudeyGeeza;6231347

Yes did it last night, 87.64 and 89.21 two different burns both done @4X … Yes did it last night, 87.64 and 89.21 two different burns both done @4X on two different Pioneer 216DBK's.If you have a poorer writer, you may not get as good results.

Hmm I have a 112 as you know and do my burning at 2.4x

Met-Cast;6231363

Hmm I have a 112 as you know and do my burning at 2.4x

so you should be ok.. Stop fretting about a few quid, buy em, try em

DudeyGeeza;6231393

so you should be ok.. Stop fretting about a few quid, buy em, try em

Ive got em :P, just curious.
They're great i've burnt 2 games and have had no problems at all :p.

cool im gonna buy some, they are quite cheap on ebuyer
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356128
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523389
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846049
    4. What an absolute disgrace1942

See more discussions