Groups

Apartment for sale - where to advertise?

Banned
    We've got an apartment in an old church that we rent out.
    We're looking to sell as we want to spend a little more cash on our house out in the sticks.

Rather than just advertising through local estate agents, I'd like to look at further a field (London etc) because it is opposite a train station (direct route to London and other major cities) and I think it's perfect for a company to buy and rent out to commuting workers.

The BBC do exactly this with another apartment within the church and they use it for stop overs for news correspondents to use etc.
    (It's quite right next to the Court House).

Perfect location for the busy commuter - has anyone got any ideas, contacts that would assist in me selling it?

Cheers!

17 Comments

Banned

Sounds perfect for a religous train spotter!

provided its not in Leicester you should have no problems wherever you advertise it

Original Poster Banned

guv

Sounds perfect for a religous train spotter!

Yeah. Maybe the "God Loving Intercity Times" is the place to advertise then?

Original Poster Banned

boothy

provided its not in Leicester you should have no problems wherever you … provided its not in Leicester you should have no problems wherever you advertise it

That's quite funny for you.X)

boothy1 person likes this

provided its not in Leicester you should have no problems wherever you … provided its not in Leicester you should have no problems wherever you advertise it

Even Northampton?

Original Poster Banned

bassman_uk

Even Northampton?

What's wrong with Northampton?

Banned

Gumtree

Original Poster Banned

robbieukranger

Gumtree

Thought of that but do professionals/companies look on Gumtree?

Original Poster Banned

robbieukranger

Gumtree

Just done that - let's see what happens.

Banned

Advertise in the London evening standard....My neighbour did this with a derbyshire Village property and got 20% more than the local average valuation.

I recently advertised my flat in London for rent on gumtree. And I was inundated by timewasters. People who didn't bother showing up to view when we had arranged time. And did not have the courtesy to call and cancel. In the end 1 ad in a papershop window did the trick.
    You could also try craigslist.
    Failing that letting agents are good assuming you are prepared to pay.

Original Poster Banned

slamdunkin

Advertise in the London evening standard....My neighbour did this with a … Advertise in the London evening standard....My neighbour did this with a derbyshire Village property and got 20% more than the local average valuation.

Nice one - Knowing nothing about London, that is very helpful! Thanks!

Original Poster Banned

buju247

I recently advertised my flat in London for rent on gumtree. And I was … I recently advertised my flat in London for rent on gumtree. And I was inundated by timewasters. People who didn't bother showing up to view when we had arranged time. And did not have the courtesy to call and cancel. In the end 1 ad in a papershop window did the trick.You could also try craigslist. Failing that letting agents are good assuming you are prepared to pay.

It's rented out at the moment - we are looking at selling.
    Thanks for the info though!

Banned

Where is this Church apartment anyway?

(In4 the stalk!) X)

Original Poster Banned

guv

Where is this Church apartment anyway?(In4 the stalk!) X)

Leicester city centre. Have a look on Gumtree (search for grade II church apartment)

Banned

JonnyTwoToes

Leicester city centre. Have a look on Gumtree (search for grade II … Leicester city centre. Have a look on Gumtree (search for grade II church apartment)

Ye gods!

No wonder you want to sell.

Original Poster Banned

guv

Ye gods!No wonder you want to sell.

Why, whats wrong with it? We get around £5k a year in rent, property has gone up 200% since I bought it, tenants queuing up.
    Are you being mean for no reason?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism58
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31157
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764315
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846217

See more discussions