App for recording telephone conversations

Posted 7th May
Hello. Does anyone out there know of a decent iPhone (or Android) app for recording telephone conversations? Both sides if possible.

So I have a record of what was said/the flow of conversation between myself and my 5 year old daughter.

Just my wife (to be ex-wife) is doing her very best to be very controlling over what is being said & I may need proof that she is making a drama out of absolutely nothing.

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

26 Comments
I think you'll struggle to find one for an android phone, unless it's an older phone running Android 8 or older as Google put a stop on them working for some reason from Android 9 onwards.
I think the same is true with Apple. My understanding is that the numerous recording apps on the App Store simply won’t work when telephone calls are in progress.

The best way to get around this is to use two devices. Put your call on loudspeaker / hands free and the use the other device to record.
If you don't let your (ex)wife know the recording is being made you can't use it in a legal setting.
joyf453607/05/2020 08:37

If you don't let your (ex)wife know the recording is being made you can't …If you don't let your (ex)wife know the recording is being made you can't use it in a legal setting.

From a quick look online you don't have to tell the other party, you can't however share it without their consent. It can still be used as evidence if the court allows it and you would have to share it with the other side.

40664096-l2EQb.jpg
I am no expert though so I could still be wrong but looking online there are plenty of sources stating the same. I think it is different for businesses having to declare it prior.

On the subject of an app, I use Cube ACR on my android phone. I record every single call, it is on my default. I hardly ever have a use for it but on the occasion I need to go back to a call for reference I have it all saved. It is useful when dealing with businesses who change their tune when dealing with problems etc.
Rusty8207/05/2020 08:59

From a quick look online you don't have to tell the other party, you can't …From a quick look online you don't have to tell the other party, you can't however share it without their consent. It can still be used as evidence if the court allows it and you would have to share it with the other side. [Image] I am no expert though so I could still be wrong but looking online there are plenty of sources stating the same. I think it is different for businesses having to declare it prior. On the subject of an app, I use Cube ACR on my android phone. I record every single call, it is on my default. I hardly ever have a use for it but on the occasion I need to go back to a call for reference I have it all saved. It is useful when dealing with businesses who change their tune when dealing with problems etc.

Unless it's a serious assault 'upwards' they won't allow it.
joyf453607/05/2020 09:06

Unless it's a serious assault 'upwards' they won't allow it.

Ah ok, fair enough. Like I said, no expert. Generally speaking, I'd rather have a recording than not hence why I record all calls for reference.
I have one built into the custom ROM I'm running on Android 9, works perfectly. No idea if you can download it as a seperate app.
Some Xiaomi phones running MIUI have this built in. Just enable it in the Phone settings. Not sure if this is on all versions of MIUI but I had a Pocophone and a Mi 9T Pro.

Its likely the EU/EEA versions don't have it but the ones I had were Global versions
My Pocophone F1 does it natively, perhapse other Xiaomi phones do too
Rusty8207/05/2020 09:09

Ah ok, fair enough. Like I said, no expert. Generally speaking, I'd rather …Ah ok, fair enough. Like I said, no expert. Generally speaking, I'd rather have a recording than not hence why I record all calls for reference.

The problem is the courts would be clogged up with recordings of family tittle tattle however important they might seem to the parties involved at the time and they would not reflect any previous contact or conversation.
Will the courts allow it? No.

However

You now have a recording. If a statement is then made under oath which the recording proves (and it has to be extremely clear) was false, the other party is then put in an interesting position. The recording remain unusable but can still be transcribed and the transcript, not the recording, posted out to interested parties.

In theory, ultimately, this gets into the area of perjury. The courts won't be that keen to do anything with it unless its serious but you can certainly mess with the person who is telling the lies and re-balance the situation. It wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to ensure a copy fell into the path of an employer. If they chose to fight the case on blackmail grounds, they risk make the original recording admissible.

Never overlook that it takes gigantic cojonas. The legal threat letters will fly and be quite scary. Keep the bat staright

The law hasn't kept up with technology yet again.
ccnp07/05/2020 10:21

Will the courts allow it? No. HoweverYou now have a recording. If a …Will the courts allow it? No. HoweverYou now have a recording. If a statement is then made under oath which the recording proves (and it has to be extremely clear) was false, the other party is then put in an interesting position. The recording remain unusable but can still be transcribed and the transcript, not the recording, posted out to interested parties. In theory, ultimately, this gets into the area of perjury. The courts won't be that keen to do anything with it unless its serious but you can certainly mess with the person who is telling the lies and re-balance the situation. It wouldn't be beyond the wit of man to ensure a copy fell into the path of an employer. If they chose to fight the case on blackmail grounds, they risk make the original recording admissible.Never overlook that it takes gigantic cojonas. The legal threat letters will fly and be quite scary. Keep the bat starightThe law hasn't kept up with technology yet again.

And to put this back in context (however important it might seem at the time to people involved) we are talking about a hearing in the family court.
Funny how everybody is Clueless about Google play store, but experts at law, just answer the question and get off your high horses
Act like adults and put the child first, trust me it's the only way forward
Use Amazon Dot to make the calls.

Oh sorry, you want them recorded..... Amazon don't do that :/
I use ACR call recorder on my S7 and it’s faultless and free from the Playstore. You get both sides of the call clearly and the option to save all or be asked after each call.

Despite what others have said, it’s been a huge help to me, both for reviewing calls for confirmation (even something stupid like a time arranged for a night out) and also as leverage. Can you use it? not sure, but it’s helped me get a £3k refund on a sofa as they said I’d not abided by their T&C when I had, without the call I would have been stuffed. The only downside is that since GDPR it no longer records the out/incoming number, bit of a pain but you can add it manually if you need to. Hope things work out, obviously two side to every story but it’s disgraceful when kids are used as a weapon in relationship issues
Boldbeast recorder worked for me.

On the other discussion topic I have also successfully used recordings in court to support my case. I transcribed it (submitted the evidence to all parties as per pre action protocols) and played the recording in court allowed at the judges discretion after giving the defendant multiple opportunities to retract their false statement and didn't. So I was told to hit play to confirm.

Were they charged with perjury? No. I 'won' my case got my travel paid. Wasted a day off work and had to be in the defendants court over 100 miles away for a 9am hearing. Thank you court clerks!

Only judges and solicitors really win in court they get paid no matter what happens and can charge high hourly wages. Our time gets wasted and we aren't compensated for that. Try mediation if you can. Try to keep it out of court. Nonviolent communication NVC is very powerful.
Bandicoot07/05/2020 11:01

Act like adults and put the child first, trust me it's the only way forward

That’s a stupid comment from someone who has no clue about the subject. When my mate split with his ex as she was being unfaithful, he always had his sons best interests at heart and tried to keep things civil even though she was a tramp. She played very dirty and tried to spite him by saying he was unsuitable as a dad even though he doted on him. He nearly lost access due to her lies!

In an ideal world your comment would hold water..... but we don’t live in an ideal world!!
Another vote for Boldbeast Call Recorder.
Edited by: "bozo007" 7th May
esar07/05/2020 09:13

My Pocophone F1 does it natively, perhapse other Xiaomi phones do too

Exists on my Mi 8 too.
Thanks for your comments EVERYONE.

My main phone is an iPhone. Is there an app which anyone can recommend to record calls on iPhone??

Or would I need to use two phones as suggested above. I have an Android phone which I could use on its own...or as a 2nd recording device.

Thanks all. Much appreciated.
Edited by: "steve765" 7th May
Try googling "recording WhatsApp calls on an iphone"
Edited by: "esar" 7th May
I have this- on android though. works a dream. unsure if available on iOS. sorry to not be of more help

play.google.com/sto…acr
Thanks all. Much appreciated

From the sound of it (and from what I’ve read online also) it’s much easier to record using an android device than an iPhone one.
Edited by: "steve765" 7th May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions