Groups

App - looking into pc shared folder..

In Android OS; there is an app that you can look into your pc's shared folders using wireless connection. I've seen it before but i dont remember the name.

Maybe Iphone users have an app with similar name..

any help would be great thanks!

13 Comments

Original Poster

I.e. I would like it to work the opposite way round to HTC Portal v2 app...

browsing on my laptop shared folders, so I can pull files from my laptop onto my phone

You thinking of GMote/

gmote.org/

You can make a shared folder on your PC using Dropbox, and this can be accesible via an app I think on an iPhone or via WiFi on an iPod touch. Not sure about other phones.

Original Poster

thescientist;7886299

You can make a shared folder on your PC using Dropbox, and this can be … You can make a shared folder on your PC using Dropbox, and this can be accesible via an app I think on an iPhone or via WiFi on an iPod touch. Not sure about other phones.

yeah something similar, but I have shared media folder (for films/mp3s etc) on the pc, would like to play/nab that from the phone onto the phone. If one gets my pic? :thinking:

bit like me using my laptop to grab/play files off the pc using shared media via wireless/wifi.

It might have Samba or SMB in the title/description

Original Poster

Er... I dont know what you mean by samba.. :oops:

en.wikipedia.org/wik…are)

Something to do with code structure of servers :?

I have got App called Estrong atm but its asking me the same thing (Samba server). Nooo idea what that means.. I only know how to share folder from laptop to pc etc... :roll:

Im guessing I need the smb/samba configuration or ip address? of my location (server?), But I thought that was done through mac addressing..?

so confused.. how do I find my laptops smb/samba address?

You can use ]Tversity I believe...is this the kinda thing you want to achieve?

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;7892685

You can use ]Tversity I believe...is this the kinda thing you want to … You can use ]Tversity I believe...is this the kinda thing you want to achieve?

Yeah, except can I not do it without additional programs on PC? :thinking: I played with tversity before and I didnt get along with it too well..

What about this? veiosoft.com/

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;7895695

What about this? http://www.veiosoft.com/

yes! *star* :thumbsup: now I just need to find an android version lol..

Banned

I use ES File Explorer on my Hero.

slideme.org/app…rer

Original Poster

master_chief;7923445

I use ES File Explorer on my … I use ES File Explorer on my Hero.http://slideme.org/application/es-file-explorer

Lol I've actually been using that but not know how to use it properly..! got it now..! thanks! :roll:

Banned

Inquisitor;7928092

Lol I've actually been using that but not know how to use it properly..! … Lol I've actually been using that but not know how to use it properly..! got it now..! thanks! :roll:

No worries, glad you've figured it out :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs2059
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)61480
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2150
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller33

See more discussions