Groups

app new phone reinstall

Hey guys
    bit of a newbie with this so here my question:
    so i have my phone will all my apps on it, some were bought - im gonna get a new phone, how would i transfer all my existing app to the new phone? would i have to buy and install each again? thanks in advance for all the help

19 Comments

which phone have you got and which are you getting?

If you link your Google account to your new phone all your apps should auto download.
    Can't help with IOS.
    Edited by: "redcantona" 19th Mar

Even if Google doesn't auto download then you can go into your apps in play store and pick which ones you want.
    iOS should just be a matter of restoring a backup I believe

Original Poster

Apogee00

which phone have you got and which are you getting?

s3 want to get a 3t

Original Poster

redcantona

If you link your Google account to your new phone all your apps should … If you link your Google account to your new phone all your apps should auto download. Can't help with IOS.

play store is already linked to playstore? so if i just sign in to playstore? all the apps will be there

Original Poster

Cozworth806

Even if Google doesn't auto download then you can go into your apps in … Even if Google doesn't auto download then you can go into your apps in play store and pick which ones you want.iOS should just be a matter of restoring a backup I believe

thats means i have to do one by one again?
    the ones i bought? i have to buy again?

no you won't have to buy them again, they're yours

help321

play store is already linked to playstore? so if i just sign in to … play store is already linked to playstore? so if i just sign in to playstore? all the apps will be there

Yes.

Original Poster

redcantona

Yes.

alright thanks guys
    appreciate it

help321

alright thanks guysappreciate it

If you go to the Play Store and find the "My Apps" section from the menu, scroll over to "All" and you will find a list of all the apps you ever downloaded rather than you trying to remember them all

xfaxfa

If you go to the Play Store and find the "My Apps" section from the menu, … If you go to the Play Store and find the "My Apps" section from the menu, scroll over to "All" and you will find a list of all the apps you ever downloaded rather than you trying to remember them all

Correct although its annoying you can't sort that list by apps currently installed.

you can??¿

Burkos

you can??¿

It only shows what apps are installed on the device, not on other devices. So not very helpful when you get a new phone.

i stand corrected. sorry

help321

thats means i have to do one by one again?the ones i bought? i have to … thats means i have to do one by one again?the ones i bought? i have to buy again?

​Yes, but if you've had android phones for a while you may well have tested a great deal of apps that you no longer use anymore.
    Look on your S3 and make a quick list what you want, should not have to repurchase them tho

Cozworth806

​Yes, but if you've had android phones for a while you may well have t … ​Yes, but if you've had android phones for a while you may well have tested a great deal of apps that you no longer use anymore.Look on your S3 and make a quick list what you want, should not have to repurchase them tho

​and make sure u login using same Google account to a different account won't work obvious utility sometimes u forget this.

chocci

It only shows what apps are installed on the device, not on other … It only shows what apps are installed on the device, not on other devices. So not very helpful when you get a new phone.

As default yes, but if you select "all", it shows you all the apps you have ever installed on all of your android devices, for example, from my phone I can see all of the tesco apps from my Hudl, and it shows apps you have previously installed and deleted

mikey_d

As default yes, but if you select "all", it shows you all the apps you … As default yes, but if you select "all", it shows you all the apps you have ever installed on all of your android devices, for example, from my phone I can see all of the tesco apps from my Hudl, and it shows apps you have previously installed and deleted

Yes I know that. That wasn't my point. I would like to see just the apps I currently have installed across all my devices rather than a list of 1000+ previously installed apps when I select 'all'

chocci

Yes I know that. That wasn't my point. I would like to see just the apps … Yes I know that. That wasn't my point. I would like to see just the apps I currently have installed across all my devices rather than a list of 1000+ previously installed apps when I select 'all'

In that case you will have to go through the list and remove the ones you no longer want, any that are currently not installed have a X in the corner, this allows you to remove it from the list
    Edited by: "mikey_d" 19th Mar
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery66
      2. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7251372
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would31125

See more discussions