App prototyping, is there a free and easy software for doing this?

7 replies
Found 19th Apr
Hi

I friend has an idea for an app and want to do some mock ups of the gui screens.

It is basically going to be like a forum/news type app so there will only be text, pictures, icons, but they need to be able to draw out the layout etc.

Is there a good free piece of software for doing this?

Thanks in advance

P.S.
She just needs the screenshots just to show what the screens on the app end product should look like, it doesn't need to have any functionality, she just needs to be able to add chop and change buttons fonts, colours, borders, shading, location of text/pictures etc.

7 Comments

What about using a WYSIWYG html editor and loading it as a web page on a mobile browser, and then screenshotting?

iOS or Android?

Original Poster

krisward7955

iOS or Android?

It doesn't matter, she just needs the screenshots just to show what the screens on the app end product should look like, it doesn't need to have any functionality, she just needs to be able to add chop and change buttons fonts, colours, borders, shading, location of text/pictures etc.

Original Poster

ShaunR

What about using a WYSIWYG html editor and loading it as a web page on a … What about using a WYSIWYG html editor and loading it as a web page on a mobile browser, and then screenshotting?

Thanks, I will have a look?

Draw.io or get a trial or something like moqups or photoshop.

Adobe illustrator.

If she has an iPad. There is a an called "App Cooker" for making mock ups. Pretty good, you can screen shot the pages, menus etc. Or have it working with swipes and animations, export to api and allow others to preview it, without being jail broken.

But I think illustrator would work great if is just for screen shots

Original Poster

Thanks for all your replies, will let her know.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gatwick Airport Parking77
    2. Is this expensive?611
    3. Hot deals notification22
    4. How are these websites Direct2Mum, PreciousLittleOne?11

See more discussions