Groups

Appalling Dell Customer Service and Policies. PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING FROM DELL

Here is my letter to Dell Corporate Office

Dear Sirs,
    I ordered a Dell S2309W 23-Inch Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor on the 16th December 2008 and received an Internet Receipt Number from the automated email from Dell a few hours after placing the order. However, I never received any update to my order via email from Dell which means no Order Number or Estimated Delivery Date. After countless costly phone calls to Dells Customer Service and speaking to umpteen Customer Service Assistants trying to find out the important information regarding the delivery date of the monitor, I finally received the estimate delivery date over the phone from somebody in the Customer Service Department of the 28th of December 2008. Since this was the over the festive period and I decided to get it delivered to an address two minutes away as I knew somebody would be in on that day to take delivery. To my surprise there was no delivery. I then called up the Dell Customer Service department again and got a different delivery date on the 16th January 2009.
    To my anger and frustration I then waited the extra two weeks for delivery of the monitor. On the 16th January as I waited the whole day for delivery of my monitor, I called back Dells Customer Service department in the afternoon and got told that the delivery company tried to deliver the monitor on the 14th January and nobody was in. However there was no note to say that they had even tried to deliver the monitor which makes me believe that the customer service representative was lying to me. The customer service representative then told me that the delivery was to be re-attempted in a few days. I called back around the 20th January and got told that Walsh Western did not know where the delivery address was and believed it didnt exist even though I was inside the property. The Dell customer service representative then gave me another premium phone number to call Walsh Western for me to sort out Dells and Walsh Westerns mess.
    When speaking with Walsh Westerns customer service representative, I was told that because they had tried times before to deliver the product (even though they did not know where the address was and believed that it did not exist) the product would be returned to Dell. After another costly call to Dells customer service, I requested to speak with the Dell Customer Service Supervisor and explained to him the situation and asked him if hed ever deal with Dell again and I was disappointed but not surprised to hear him say that he would NOT deal with Dell again (lucky for me I record all of my phone calls when speaking with supervisors). This man is responsible for ensuring that all customers that deal with Dell have a pleasant experience and would be happy to bring their custom back to Dell. I got the representative to change the delivery address on the invoice to my own address and waited another week for that to go through Dells system. With a stroke of good fortune, I finally received the monitor SEVEN WEEKS AFTER placing the order. To rub salt in the wound I even received the paper invoice from Dell which I should receive three weeks after delivery of the product one week before Id received my monitor!
    Upon being so badly treated by Dell, I feel I am entitled to reimbursement for the three and a half hours I was on the phone to Dell and Walsh Western to sort out their mess plus compensation for the appalling way I have been treated as a customer. I am the go-to guy for PC help and advice on my campus and would definitely NOT recommend Dell or purchase from Dell again unless this issue is resolved quickly.

Regards,

I received numerous phone calls and emails from the Dell Global Escalation Management Team and they said that they would not refund any phone charges made to Dell's Customer Service department or Walsh Western as it was against Dell's policy. As a good will gesture, Dell offered me eight pounds as a good will gesture! even though eight pounds is better then a kick in the knackers, it also is an insult after I spent around £15 to call their customer services!

Has anyone else experienced this before from Dell?

LW

14 Comments

not another one!

I have always had good service from Dell. The only 'Appalling' thing that happened was when the Dell on site tech man arrived and took off his shoes in my house..his feet were so stinky.

Is this the same post as the other week or another person?

I hope you informed the supervisor you were recording the call

If you are not happy just write back and explain, but in a clearer way

[email protected] :lol:

Trauts78;4558346

I hope you informed the supervisor you were recording the call

Me too ;-)

Original Poster

Trauts78;4558346

I hope you informed the supervisor you were recording the callIf you are … I hope you informed the supervisor you were recording the callIf you are not happy just write back and explain, but in a clearer way

I told the Global whatever fella and he didn't seemed to arsed to help me or give me compo/refund my call cost but was apologetic (like that helps me

LW

Ordered a desktop and a laptop from dell. Nice quick delivery both times to an address thats not the billing address. No problems at all.

Are you the person who's decided to post every week about how **** Dell is?
    Anyway, I found that complaint letter really difficult to read.

Long but nicely done

Original Poster

torapoole;4561292

Are you the person who's decided to post every week about how **** Dell … Are you the person who's decided to post every week about how **** Dell is?Anyway, I found that complaint letter really difficult to read.

No idea what you're on about fella, first order from Dell ever.

Nice accusation though! thanks for the welcome lol jk

LW

Original Poster

torapoole;4561292

Are you the person who's decided to post every week about how **** Dell … Are you the person who's decided to post every week about how **** Dell is?Anyway, I found that complaint letter really difficult to read.

Have you tried reading the letter with your eyes?

Not to be an ******** but you seem to be finding faults in what I have produced even though the original question was is if anyone had similar experiences. However you seem to be trying to railroad this thread off topic from the original question and protect the corporations from screwing over customers like myself out of hard earned cash by producing appalling sales and customer service and not implying a company policy that was fair to all parties.

I'm trying to warn people about Dell's atrocity to customers FROM A PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW . If you want to support the unfair treatment of customers LIKE MYSELF from the corporations then be my guest and create your own thread about how great Dell is. DON'T HIJACK THIS ONE!

LW

LordWard;4563284

Have you tried reading the letter with your eyes?

TBH it is just a block of text and to some people its hard to read. Next time an idea would be to break it down into smaller paragraphs.

I ordered the same monitor, it arrived in 3 days.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4563361

TBH it is just a block of text and to some people its hard to read. Next … TBH it is just a block of text and to some people its hard to read. Next time an idea would be to break it down into smaller paragraphs.

It is in the letter.

LW

Woah, mental reply. I've never bought anything from Dell before, and I have no personal feelings about them, I was just wondering if you were the same person who posted last week.

And the letter is very difficult to read, it had no clear paragraphs. What did you expect?

I haven't made any comments about their treatment of you and whether I think it is fair (which, for the record, I don't, but your attitude is quickly changing my mind).

LordWard;4563284

Have you tried reading the letter with your eyes?Not to be an ******** … Have you tried reading the letter with your eyes?Not to be an ******** but you seem to be finding faults in what I have produced even though the original question was is if anyone had similar experiences. However you seem to be trying to railroad this thread off topic from the original question and protect the corporations from screwing over customers like myself out of hard earned cash by producing appalling sales and customer service and not implying a company policy that was fair to all parties. I'm trying to warn people about Dell's atrocity to customers FROM A PERSONAL POINT OF VIEW . If you want to support the unfair treatment of customers LIKE MYSELF from the corporations then be my guest and create your own thread about how great Dell is. DON'T HIJACK THIS ONE!LW

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      2. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      3. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      4. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22

See more discussions