Appalling Yodel customer service

Posted 5th Dec 2012
Has anybody else ever used the Yodel chat to enquire about a delayed delivery? I couldn't see a phone number on their site so I tried using the chat tool.

Almost one hour after starting the conversation the assistant named Michael was no where nearer to providing any useful answer at all. I don't understand how Yodel can operate like this.

I have a screenshot of the whole conversation but I'm not sure how to add an image to this post - can anybody tell me how?
Community Updates
Misc
202 Comments
IrateConsumer

I myself have had dealings with them from a delivery from Office Shoes. … I myself have had dealings with them from a delivery from Office Shoes. They allege they have tried to deliver my item 3 times but have only left one card I rang their automated service and was able to rebook the delivery but it did not arrive when I rang they said as they had tried to deliver the item 3 times I would have to collect which involved a round trip of 28 miles. I have complained to them and Office Shoes but judging by the comments above am not likely to get a reply atrocious service!!!

same thing happened to me today and I've had to travel 30mile to leeds from york, tinpot Mickey Mouse lazy company
I bought something from Amazon the other day and the seller used Yodel to deliver it. Was emailed and told they would deliver it some time today. They came yesterday when there was nobody at home. I phoned them up and requested to pick it up on monday morning from the local depot.

It arrived at 10am this morning. Luckily they turned up just as the OH was going out. No mention of the monday pick up!

Irrate1

same thing happened to me today and I've had to travel 30mile to leeds … same thing happened to me today and I've had to travel 30mile to leeds from york, tinpot Mickey Mouse lazy company

i was supposed to pick it up from the Leeds depot - it's about a 9 mile drive upto the depot for me.
without doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with
Untrained rude staff
lies -
uncaring staff
website not fit for purpose
Was having live trees delivered - they died but were never delivered. They were sent back to sender after 10 days despite numberous guarantees of delivery
Ordered something off amazon and it is being delivered from yodel, when on the website and delivery date said 25th July, but it had got to the depo at 8am just before I started work (from home) I decided to check where it was. To my surprise it said failed to deliver at 7.48 I swear he couldn't have even knocked on the door I would have heard it walls are paper thin and you can hear anything. He also ticked "a safe place" and "the following address" then wrote "no answer". Phones them and they have his mob which I tried twice it was switched off, left a message saying please call me back to let me know when you'll be redelivering and then a text saying please make sure you knock and ring the bell. Feel a bit rude but I swear he didn't even knock, but to me 7.48 is too early to be delivering something anyway!
Ordered something off amazon and it is being delivered from yodel, when on the website and delivery date said 25th July, but it had got to the depo at 8am just before I started work (from home) I decided to check where it was. To my surprise it said failed to deliver at 7.48 I swear he couldn't have even knocked on the door I would have heard it walls are paper thin and you can hear anything. He also ticked "a safe place" and "the following address" then wrote "no answer". Phones them and they have his mob which I tried twice it was switched off, left a message saying please call me back to let me know when you'll be redelivering and then a text saying please make sure you knock and ring the bell. Feel a bit rude but I swear he didn't even knock, but to me 7.48 is too early to be delivering something anyway!
They are completely useless, they have lost two separate parcels for me, they try to fob the customers off with different excuses. This company needs to be shut down.
Yodel have provided me with terrible customer service today.
I checked my online tracker and it claimed the parcel had been sent back to the depot as they could not gain access to my property.
I left a note on the gate to my house simply saying, "The gate is open, Yodel Couriers, Come in".
On my front door, I left a note saying "please knock, door bell does not work".
There was no calling card left.
Yodel's customer service center have told me that the driver had to go home early and that is why he is unable to to redeliver my parcel.
To me this basically implies from the evidence provided that the driver had to go home early, so couldn't be bothered to do his job properly.
Yodel will not redeliver today, even though I need the parcel today, not tomorrow afternoon (the best alternative offered).
£7 post & packaging is not justified and quite frankly, I wouldn't be happy if they delivered it right now and refunded me!
I've been hung up on by customer service 3 times, and even been told that I must have been out when the driver arrived!

To say I'm fuming, is an understatement.
I'll see your Yodel and raise you Parcel2Go. Now there is a bunch of idiots who really have no clue at all.
THE COMPANY ARE RUBBISH SUPPOSED TO HAVE DELIVERY ON 8TH RANG CUSTOMER SERVICE SEVERAL TIMES ON THE 10TH STILL NO DELIVERY DONT USE THEY ARE RUBBISH
Yodel are absolutely rubbish. They don't try to deliver and they are very rude. waste of bloody time.
Absolutely appalling service & I have been a courier so I know how it is to be doing this job...so I don't blame the drivers or believe they are all thieves etc but so far my experience of Yodel has been terrible...I blame the companies that are using Yodel to deliver. Currently I am waiting for Trainers to be delivered from Sports Direct (so far I have waited a week & have been told that delivery attempts have been made & calling cards left but no cards have been left. On the first day they say that they tried to deliver I WAS at home all day). I have had the same problem with a router that was being delivered from O2 & a tent pole I'd ordered from Ebay both things I waited in for for days & they didn't arrive (the tent pole ended up being sent via Royal Mail which meant the sellers must have paid again for delivery after having it returned to them from Yodel..this Ebay seller must have made a loss on this sale because of Yodel). I don't like to complain about things generally but I hate waiting in all day for couriers & hate it even more when they say they have tried to deliver but not left a calling card. I never have this problem with Royal Mail & can go to their local delivery office easily to collect if they call & I am out or they leave items with a neighbour. Why oh why doesn't everyone just use Royal Mail? I would prefer to pay more for a delivery if it arrives or I can collect easily. I will stop shopping from any company if I find out that they are using Yodel to deliver items.
awful company, missed 1st delivery and rang driver who didnt ask for any details (red flag) told me delivery would be yesterday - well no package came and no card left (i was home all day sat with full view of the door and garden. customer service line just said they cant do anything as he is self employed driver. Rang driver about 11 and asked if it would be delivered today? informed me it would be. sat in same place and can see everything when tracker was updated to show 2nd delivery and card left yesterday!!! no one even came by and i dont have a card, all the phone numbers for my service center that are online are out of service!!! and the main line doesn't know them. cant even get in touch with the driver now as his phone isnt accepting calls on his phone!!!! shocking service and no clue whats happening to my parcel or when i will even get it.
I have had the worst experience with yodel. My ipad I ordered Monday has suddenly gone missing after ordering it with next day delivery from tesco direct. Arrived at the depot and that's where it went missing conveniently. Tesco have issued me another one to be over nighted to me by tomorrow. Bet they are still using yodel. Wonder if the second one will make it to me...
Hey guys I have received worst customer service ever when trying to find out why only half the order was delivered, even though the delivery and order had 1 of 2 on all the paperwork and both parcels were dispatched the same time on the same day. The total lack of any customer service beggars belief. I nearly lost a very good customer due to this delivery mess up, do Yodel not understand that they are just not delivering packages and parcels but peoples livelihood. Frankly I think putting your parcel on a bus with no address would have a better chance of arriving and the service would be better.
Hey guys I have received worst customer service ever when trying to find out why only half the order was delivered, even though the delivery and order had 1 of 2 on all the paperwork and both parcels were dispatched the same time on the same day. The total lack of any customer service beggars belief. I nearly lost a very good customer due to this delivery mess up, do Yodel not understand that they are just not delivering packages and parcels but peoples livelihood. Frankly I think putting your parcel on a bus with no address would have a better chance of arriving and the service would be better.
0800 1577777 is a machine
0800 9047776 gets put through to a HUMAN!
I was waiting on parcels and I requested if I wasnt in to leave in my garden shed, which is unlocked for deliveries, but no that would be to much common sense, instead they pulled at my neighbours garage door which had a huge padlock on it and ripped off a panel along the garage door and pushed my items inside which caused even more damage and they couldnt see inside but the catalgue items pushed over hardware items and even cause some to break completely. All because they couldnt tell difference between a garden shed and a 2 door large padlocked garage!
they tried to deliver 3 times and each time i was out,thats not their fault,its mine,sorry yodel.
i had a samsung tv go missing from littlewoods online,littlewoods are being a lot of hard work due to there call center in south afacia.. rang yodel at warwick,they have up to now bent over backwards to help..as they say its been signed for,and its not by US
ukkevin

i had a samsung tv go missing from littlewoods online,littlewoods are … i had a samsung tv go missing from littlewoods online,littlewoods are being a lot of hard work due to there call center in south afacia.. rang yodel at warwick,they have up to now bent over backwards to help..as they say its been signed for,and its not by US

It's not up to you to chase, isn't that littlewoods job?
having a nightmare with these at the moment

courier has advised they couldn't access my property and as such a card was not left(i live in a terraced house on a normal road)

when contacting Yodel, they advised me i should chase it up with the courier.......which got me nowhere as she couldn't give any answers as to when and why she couldn't access my property

contacted Yodel again and they just said they would investigate...no timescale for a reply...just some idiot saying sorry online every few words

first time i've ever had something delivered by them(when i say them, they aren't actually a courier company at all, they just hire people to deliver without taking any responsibility for the items)

stay well clear
Thanks for them numbers
Im sick of yodel telling me they have left calling cards when they havent. I recieved a text message saying my parcel has been delivered to a safe place and it will state on the calling card where the thing is theres no calling card I try and track it it says with driver I try and ring up and the automated phone says it can recognise my tracking code then hangs up what the hell am I supposed to do now
Press 5 in the automated system to get put through to an Agent.
yes i agree , i have been waiting for a delivery and have now wasted 2 days, there customer service is a joke and even after talking with someone from there management team who promised delivery, parcel still not arrived, yet another large company who does not care about customer service, STAY WELL CLEAR FROM USING YODEL !
I defo agree, they are hopeless!
Usual Yodelling disaster. payed for delivery to be here from 8am to 1pm, waited in all day and nothing. Tracking now says called but not in and left a card...lies lies lies. also had huge issues the last time, I wasn't in (lies) left a card (lies) delivered to another address 16 doors away after speaking with customer services.

ASDA DIRECT ARE NOW USING YODEL. I THINK WE NEED A PETITION TO GET THIS COMPANY SHUT DOWN FOR GOOD...ROYAL MAIL ARE HEROES !!
My only experience of Yodel is that they are totally, incredibly appalling! I am currently waiting for them to deliver a Virgin HD box . . . . supposed to be delivered last Thursday [19th December] - delivery "slot" : 7am - 9pm. I was in all day. They supposedly tried to deliver at 8.11pm which, coincidentally, was exactly the same time as my son arrived. Needless to say, he saw no sign of a Yodel van or anyone trying to deliver anything. Delivery rearranged via Virgin media for Friday 20th. I told them I would be out and then received a call from the Poole depot saying the courier would be in my area about 6pm but HE WOULD PHONE FIRST to see if I was in. Again, needless to say, no phone call but according to their tracking listing, he tried to deliver at 7.43pm (I was out) and "card left". Well, goodness knows where he left a card because haven't seen one!!!!! The tracking listing goes on to say that another deliver was attempted yesterday (21st December) at 6.18pm but they couldn't gain access. Now, I live in a flat but it would seem that the courier is completely incapable of pulling open the main door to the flats!!!!!! I am going to ring the depot (number obtained thanks to the list provided earlier in this thread) and ask Yodel exactly what sort of half-wits do they employ that are incapable of opening a door (not to mention the crock of **** in their tracking - card left?????) I am also going to complain in the strongest posssible terms to Virgin and ask them to use another courier company or even good ole Royal Mail.
Edited by moderator: "Dec 22, 2013 22:07" 22nd Dec 2013
Quick update (_;) I gave up the unequal struggle and drove down to the Poole depot this morning to collect the package!!!! (60 mile round trip, oh joy)
These idiots are priceless. You hang around waiting all day (Christmas Eve!). You follow their ridiculous tracking nonsense which tells you that the goods have been at the office from 6am in the morning. The van goes out at 10 am - tracking shows 'Parcel out for delivery' - but the parcel never arrives. At 17.00 the tracking delivers the message 'Delivery not attempted'. At 17.51 the tracking shows 'Returned to local service centre.' No explanation.
Stupid automated call number won't recognise the tracking number. No HUMAN to speak to. No address or telephone number published for local depot (Poole). And no Christmas presents for my children. Some people should burn in hell.
The machines are coming

20336897-7T3nj

shafted2013

These idiots are priceless. You hang around waiting all day (Christmas … These idiots are priceless. You hang around waiting all day (Christmas Eve!). You follow their ridiculous tracking nonsense which tells you that the goods have been at the office from 6am in the morning. The van goes out at 10 am - tracking shows 'Parcel out for delivery' - but the parcel never arrives. At 17.00 the tracking delivers the message 'Delivery not attempted'. At 17.51 the tracking shows 'Returned to local service centre.' No explanation. Stupid automated call number won't recognise the tracking number. No HUMAN to speak to. No address or telephone number published for local depot (Poole). And no Christmas presents for my children. Some people should burn in hell.

The Yodel depot address in Poole, Dorset is Yodel, Ling Road, POOLE, Dorset, BH12 4NZ, just of Mannings Heath Road. Its the old Omega depot.
Here is one for the record.

On the 30th, we were at home at 15:59 in the front room. No Driver came or left a card. That evening I called Yodel and Amazon (it was an Amazon Prime package) to complain. So Yodel fixed it... by recoding the package as 'Delivered'.
See below.
The package leaves Leamington Depot at 7:54 AM. Gets to my address (47 minutes away according to my SatNav) at 8:24AM (Must be a TARDIS for a delivery van). Marks the Package as 'Delivered' AND takes it back for delivery the next day.

So the package is 'Delivered' and 'Out for Delivery' at the same time. Amazon was not amused. Neither were we ...

Parcel out for delivery Leamington van 31st Dec 2013 07:32
Returned to local service centre Leamington service centre 30th Dec 2013 15:59
Parcel delivered Customer 30th Dec 2013 08:24
Parcel out for delivery Leamington van 30th Dec 2013 07:54
Parcel received at service centre Leamington service centre 30th Dec 2013 06:04
In transit to local service centre Wednesbury 30th Dec 2013 01:24
In transit to local service centre Wednesbury 30th Dec 2013 01:23

I was supposed to receive an item 5 days ago but, it says the parcel is in the service centre, in leeds how would i contact them?
Leeds Gildersome depot
Unit F, Gildersome Spur Ind Est, Gildersome, Leeds, LS27 7JZ
0113 238 0343
thanks mick39b. was a great help to have the local numbers. actually got through to them!!
Just found this list for which many thanks - the only place I could find a number for my local Yodel depot. Needless to say I wanted to complain to a human about a non-delivery which I was now able to do. I should add that the staff member who answered the phone was sympathetic and as helpful as she could be in the circumstances.

Again truly grateful for this post.
I had a card left to arrange delivery as they got no access. The delivery driver told me I was the ' Bain of his life' delivering at my address. Boycotting all companies that use Yodel as a courier. Royal mail 1000 times better.
I had an invisible delivery man leave an invisible card today. Magic! I couldn't read the invisible number on the card too well, and sadly the Preston numbers on this thread yield no response either. They're a load of poop.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants