Appalling Yodel customer service

Posted 5th Dec 2012
Has anybody else ever used the Yodel chat to enquire about a delayed delivery? I couldn't see a phone number on their site so I tried using the chat tool.

Almost one hour after starting the conversation the assistant named Michael was no where nearer to providing any useful answer at all. I don't understand how Yodel can operate like this.

I have a screenshot of the whole conversation but I'm not sure how to add an image to this post - can anybody tell me how?
Community Updates
Misc
202 Comments
Hiroshi

Just found this list for which many thanks - the only place I could find … Just found this list for which many thanks - the only place I could find a number for my local Yodel depot. Needless to say I wanted to complain to a human about a non-delivery which I was now able to do. I should add that the staff member who answered the phone was sympathetic and as helpful as she could be in the circumstances.Again truly grateful for this post.

can I ask which number you called as I cant seem to get to talk to a human at the mo and its driving me mental...useless company!
My local depot is Gloucester - phone number 01452 727692. I got this from the list posted by mick39b 1yr 3 months ago - see the first page of this thread.
Really rubbish service I left a note on my door saying if I was not in deliver next door No Other House. Low and behold I had a note through the door with a tick next to "I have left your parcel with a neighbour at" well it would have been nice of the driver had put whom he left it with. I have been enable to track it No house number inserted I supposed apart from his signature (a cross in the box) inserting a house number would have been very difficult for him/her.
Yodel are a bunch of thieves, had to ring up and complain once when they claimed they made a delivery attempt and not even a card was left on my property. Customer service stated that they had a malfunction with their tracking device. How does that explain why they falsified the delivery attempt? Beware of these con-merchants.
Just learned the hard way.
Used Yodel through Parcel to go website. Both of them are rubbish and should be banned from sending parcels . Never again will I use these crooks. 5 days to deliver a parcel when you pay for 2 day delivery. The trick is that they say yodel 24 or 48 as a package but the numbers don't mean hours . They simply mean they will attempt to deliver in those times but cannot guarantee. It's in the small print. AVOID TOTALLY.
When I was working as a concierge only yodel guys would leave residents parcels by the doors where anyone could pick. . The staff at Parcel to is also incompetent behaving like robots fed with the same lies. Appalling service
Came across this site while searching for Yodel’s head office address, in order to write to the company’s MD, demanding an explanation for their latest incompetence. I always avoid using them, if possible, due to numerous problems in the past. However, on this occasion, I was unaware that the supplier was employing their services (?) until I received notification of despatch – too late to cancel order.
Tracking informed me that my parcel was loaded and out for delivery at 06.53 yesterday. Waited in all day, but no delivery. Checked tracking at 17.30, and parcel back in depot, with the explanation, ‘Delivery attempted, unable to gain access’, which was nonsense. My house is less than a hundred metres from a main road, and the access drive was clear all day. Contacted the depot and was told that the driver would phone me first thing today to confirm delivery time and get directions, if required.
Surprise, surprise – no phone call. Contacted depot again and complained in strong terms. Was promised that the manager would speak to the driver and get him to phone me. That was three hours ago – still waiting. That’s one and a half days earnings lost, so far, thanks to these incompetents.
If anybody is unfortunate enough to need to contact them in the Scottish Highlands, the number for the Inverness depot is 01463714964, though it will probably be a waste of time. You can’t rely on anything they tell you. If at all possible, avoid Yodel.
Yodel are an absolute showers and the biggest bunch of loser delivery companies going.
They NEVER pick up when they say they will, and they NEVER deliver when they are supposed to.

I now refuse to buy from any company who uses them.

Avoid at all costs

I have now been waiting since Tuesday for a parcel to be delivered which was a next day item ordered on Sunday. Despite assurances from a manager at their call centre that the parcel would definately be delivered today there's still been no sign of it.I will be suggesting to the company that uses them, that they to a different company such as Hermes.
Yodel have been completely fine for me. As they have been for countless others. It could be a demographic thing or down to the morale of the individual driver. Maybe the drivers around my area have a stronger work ethos. I suggest people with poor experience from Yodel move.
I placed an order with Sports Direct.Yodel tried to deliver the parcel on 2 occasions when I wasnt at home.They say my only alternative is to now to pick up from my local office....................which is a 70 mile round trip!!!!!
I live in Plymouth and its gone to the Newton Abbott office- so wheres the logic in that?
AMATEURS
Oh and ive tried ringing the Newton Abbott office for 2 days on and off, and guess what...no answer.
Useless courier company. last 4 items I've ordered off eBay have gone to wrong address. 3 went to the neighbouring block,luckily a honest tenant brought them around to me on every occasion. obviously PBI/YODEL drivers can't distinguish building numbers. the 4th package don't know where it's gone.they got a phone number but never answer and no answerphone service.
The most ignorant , dangerous driver that has been onto my business park.......yodel are now banned from delivering to my site and tenants
Yodel suck balls!!!

They claim that they have tried to deliver a parcel when they blatantly haven't I was supposed to have a delivery, waiting in all day, looked online when it hadn't turned up and the status online said they tried to deliver and left a card. DID THEY B*ll0Cks!!!!

IDIOTS!!!!!!
According to Yodel they just tried to deliver a parcel but no-one was in so they left a card.
The truth: They pressed the buzzer (the door downstairs is always open) and when it wasn't responded to immediately
they left. They did not leave a card & do not allow enough time for someone to answer the door. Better still, just pull the door open.
The last time we had problems with them, we told the Company we bought from that we wanted a refund of our money &
that Yodel were actually telling lies by saying they had delivered 3 times but no-one was in. I will be letting this Company
know how I feel about Yodel as a delivery service & will probably be asking for my money back once again.
Member of staff signing for my parcel and not leaving and the same to my neighbour two doors down ???????? Where are the missing parcels and don't even answer there phones
Yodel's agents in Inverness, Parcelinq, have some very helpful staff and our limited experience leads us to suspect that the service of Yodel / CollectPlus is much better than it was a couple of years ago.
these guys are total turd you cant get hold of them
Seanieboy70

these guys are total turd you cant get hold of them

You want to wait until they have dried in the sun for a few days.
PeterR

Yodel's agents in Inverness, Parcelinq, have some very helpful staff and … Yodel's agents in Inverness, Parcelinq, have some very helpful staff and our limited experience leads us to suspect that the service of Yodel / CollectPlus is much better than it was a couple of years ago.

Not in my experience, still waiting in office its 6:00 pm nearly and called twice and it arrived just as I type.

But this time, it got delivered on day after I chased them at 5:00 pm and then at 5:45 and made the guy on phone to call the local depot to make them call the driver.

So I checked and label says:

MON TO SAD
@ HOME 24 MON - SAT

I guess next time, I'll put office address as OFFICE (followed by address) and then hopefully it will be delivered on time before 5:30.

Lets see as EBuyer and others use Yodel so soon will be getting results of this experiment.
I have worked for Yodel (Not any longer) and they really don't give a toss about your parcels.
1. Parcels are thrown into back of artic trailers that go to depots. I do mean thrown as in the complete length of trailer using walls to guide!
2. Training for new drivers consists of 3 hours sat in passenger seat of van and then sent out on own.
3. Other training consisted of sign the paperwork and carry on with job.
4. Yes drivers do take parcels as I have seen this happen more than once.

I could write a small book on how this firm operate if I wanted! All the staff seem to care about is meeting their targets each day how much they can earn. Extra pay for each parcel over target. The customer comes last regardless what they say.

All said their are a very few drivers who do care about the customer but they really are the few.

For the record I worked @ the Leamington Branch.
Shaddy6

I have worked for Yodel (Not any longer) and they really don't give a … I have worked for Yodel (Not any longer) and they really don't give a toss about your parcels. 1. Parcels are thrown into back of artic trailers that go to depots. I do mean thrown as in the complete length of trailer using walls to guide!2. Training for new drivers consists of 3 hours sat in passenger seat of van and then sent out on own. 3. Other training consisted of sign the paperwork and carry on with job.4. Yes drivers do take parcels as I have seen this happen more than once. I could write a small book on how this firm operate if I wanted! All the staff seem to care about is meeting their targets each day how much they can earn. Extra pay for each parcel over target. The customer comes last regardless what they say.All said their are a very few drivers who do care about the customer but they really are the few.For the record I worked @ the Leamington Branch.

Thanks for sharing, stupid EBuyer doesn't give any other choice!
Ordered my new laptop from very.com. card pushed through my letterbox saying parcel left with neighbour no house number quoted. Have had to check with over 10 neighbours as very insisted I did this. Yodels online tracking doesn't recognise the number on the card & its impossible to get through to speak to anyone. Yet another missing parcel, just don't understand why retailers continue using this company as the service doesn't exist. Who ends up paying for all these missing goods. Before I order from anyone again I will insist on knowing who the carrier is & quite frankly if they use yodel they won't be getting my custom.
mkempo

Ordered my new laptop from very.com. card pushed through my letterbox … Ordered my new laptop from very.com. card pushed through my letterbox saying parcel left with neighbour no house number quoted. Have had to check with over 10 neighbours as very insisted I did this. Yodels online tracking doesn't recognise the number on the card & its impossible to get through to speak to anyone. Yet another missing parcel, just don't understand why retailers continue using this company as the service doesn't exist. Who ends up paying for all these missing goods. Before I order from anyone again I will insist on knowing who the carrier is & quite frankly if they use yodel they won't be getting my custom.

Quite true, I ended up calling and had my office address changed to, well, a "company address" so that they'd delivery before 5:30 pm!

I mean the words "Ltd" at the end of first line of address definitely means a church in their world, not a company office.

This company is a joke, fraudster, liars, thieves and the worst company ever. Run by ignorant liars. I have lost 6 parcels in the space of 10 months! I have been never been able to get refunds on any as apparently they were signed for!!!!! Total lies. I stay in the middle of nowhere, so if the B****** can't be bothered that day, they do not drive down the country road. I AM at home always, if out at doctors...for example its either my parents that are in. The farmhouse is never left empty! They never leave cards, they claim too, but do not. We have a letterbox and a post box erected on a shed. The driver(s) each time have signed for MY parcel!!!!! So that is fraud! Plus breaking the law. They spell my surname wrong! Yet i have been unable to prove this to Amazon and KandCo. Thieves, liars and swear words! I am presently out of pocket right now at £150. Paid for goods, never received them so someone has them! Nor can i get through to the local depot at bellshill! Where the liars are. Phoned head office...they can't help as they don't keep records as far back as April...so they need reported to trading standards! I am doing so as i hate them! Email addresses are false and the local phone numbers are unobtainable! I am so angry and ill with them.
1 month ago I had a laptop battery delivered at 6pm which i signed for according to them, the funny thing is I live in a street consisting of 10 terrace houses and theres no garden between my kitchen door and the road only about 4 foot of pavement. my kitchen door is usually left open as its been warm lately and I sat in waiting all day on the day it was apparently delivered. opened a case on ebay and lost due to the fact the delivery info states it has been delivered and signed for. Today I heard the letterbox go at 0945, I was still laid in bed watching tv and by the time I got to the door the driver had shot off. Phoned the number to get thru to some dozy cow who promised a call back from the driver as I explained that in the few minutes of leaving my street he couldnt be that far away for him not to turn round or call back when passing. Iv tried ringing the leeds depo but no answer and no call back as promised. I get 100s of deliveries as iv got a little ebay addiction and most of the other couriers will try leave with a neighbour or at least knock before **** off. Im waiting for 4 tyres so I can only imagine the lazy **** didnt want to have to lift them off the van and carry them 4 feet to my kitchen door. Il definitely be checking the courier before I buy again.
Taking great delight is seeing the comments on here about the appalling service by Yodel. Has anyone had any dealing with the Northampton depot in Mercury Drive?
The automated service is ridiculous. I left a note on my door instructing the delivery driver what to do as I had to leave for the school run! Whist on my way back I received a text saying my yodel delivery was unsuccessful (typical) it stated my delivery was out for delivery the next day I try to contact yodel to arrange a more suitable time or get a rough estimate of time to prevent a repeat situation but got nothing but Automated service on there expensive 08 number! Ridiculous yodel suck!
Placed an order with asda direct and received a txt message to say it would be delivered between 7:00 and 13:00 i wasn't in to receive the delivery but when I got home I checked to see if a card had been put through the door , there wasn't one so thought leave it untill tomorrow incase they were running late. Next day I checked on the tracking system to find that it was " delivered " the previous day at 14:06 and according to yodel when I phoned them it was signed for by a woman entering my property ( love to know where she got the key from I am the only one who can enter my property from one side and the other side can only be entered by somebody opening the door, I live alone !!!) After several phone calls with yodel and asda I was getting nowhere as they were passing the buck to each other so checked my legal rights and it turns out my purchase was a contract with asda and yodel is their sub contractor so they had to sort it out with yodel and they refunded my money plus £10 gift card and are now investigating them . In future I will check that yodel are not the couriers delivering my orders , is yodel trustworthy ? I'm thinking NOT !!!!!!!!
Hookers5

Placed an order with asda direct and received a txt message to say it … Placed an order with asda direct and received a txt message to say it would be delivered between 7:00 and 13:00 i wasn't in to receive the delivery but when I got home I checked to see if a card had been put through the door , there wasn't one so thought leave it untill tomorrow incase they were running late. Next day I checked on the tracking system to find that it was " delivered " the previous day at 14:06 and according to yodel when I phoned them it was signed for by a woman entering my property ( love to know where she got the key from I am the only one who can enter my property from one side and the other side can only be entered by somebody opening the door, I live alone !!!) After several phone calls with yodel and asda I was getting nowhere as they were passing the buck to each other so checked my legal rights and it turns out my purchase was a contract with asda and yodel is their sub contractor so they had to sort it out with yodel and they refunded my money plus £10 gift card and are now investigating them . In future I will check that yodel are not the couriers delivering my orders , is yodel trustworthy ? I'm thinking NOT !!!!!!!!

Scary actually, someone "entering" house if at all!
We all (nearly) seem agreed Yodel are useless. My current experience started on day 1 with, it is said, an attempted delivery and a card left - I was in all day and neither happened. Day 4 another attempted delivery but now said incomplete address (it's not!). After me contacting them, eventually talked to someone and guided them to my property on Google maps. Obviously message didn't get through as now on day 8 'out for delivery'. Surprise, suprise, no show. In future I will boycott suppliers who use Yodel - please join me!.
We all (nearly) seem agreed Yodel are useless. My current experience started on day 1 with, it is said, an attempted delivery and a card left - I was in all day and neither happened. Day 4 another attempted delivery but now said incomplete address (it's not!). After me contacting them, eventually talked to someone and guided them to my property on Google maps. Obviously message didn't get through as now on day 8 'out for delivery'. Surprise, suprise, no show. In future I will boycott suppliers who use Yodel - please join me!.
Yodel apparently attempted to deliver my parcel at my address door number 242 but it was left at my "neighbours" at number *525* which is half an hour away from where I live!!!! Called customer service and asked why parcel was not left with my neighbour and was told they will email service centre (Mitcham) and they will have it delivered to my address or tomorrow. Service is absolutely appalling considering I paid for next day delivery. Yodel you are a bunch of w*nkers!!

Ha

akachukoury

Yodel apparently attempted to deliver my parcel at my address door number … Yodel apparently attempted to deliver my parcel at my address door number 242 but it was left at my "neighbours" at number *525* which is half an hour away from where I live!!!! Called customer service and asked why parcel was not left with my neighbour and was told they will email service centre (Mitcham) and they will have it delivered to my address or tomorrow. Service is absolutely appalling considering I paid for next day delivery. Yodel you are a bunch of w*nkers!!

Half an hour away? oO Do you live on the longest street in the world or are you a tortoise who ordered a new shell from Pets R Us?
volta58

We all (nearly) seem agreed Yodel are useless. My current experience … We all (nearly) seem agreed Yodel are useless. My current experience started on day 1 with, it is said, an attempted delivery and a card left - I was in all day and neither happened. Day 4 another attempted delivery but now said incomplete address (it's not!). After me contacting them, eventually talked to someone and guided them to my property on Google maps. Obviously message didn't get through as now on day 8 'out for delivery'. Surprise, suprise, no show. In future I will boycott suppliers who use Yodel - please join me!.

Most people who comment are only doing so because they have had an issue, not sure how many parcels are delivered by their network on a daily basis, but the number complaining seems relatively low

There is another thread on HUKD about Yodel, and i actually think it was decided that service depends on your area, and your local courier, because Yodel are just a network of local couriers, so if your area is poor, directly blame your driver, as he/she is likely the cause. My local windowcleaner is also pretty crap, as is my local pizza hut, but it's pretty pointless me moaning about them too much here, as yours will differ....
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 13th Nov 2014
I been waiting in all day , loaded 10 hours ago only 20 miles away, what a waste of time tracking is, it's on it's way , but when?
Absolutely disgusting service even worse you can't get to talk to anyone
Sarah2806

Mind, Talking Matters, your local GP, there are loads of people you can talk to. Don't bottle it up, best get it off your chest.
ianh0l

I been waiting in all day , loaded 10 hours ago only 20 miles away, what … I been waiting in all day , loaded 10 hours ago only 20 miles away, what a waste of time tracking is, it's on it's way , but when?

Tracking ain't the same as a time definite delivery service, DPD and the likes text you to tell you when the driver will be there, and it even tells you his name, it's all well and good but incidentally costs about 3 times as much as yodel charge.

Sarah2806

Give me a call, i'm a good listener.

By the way, they have a live online chat don't they? i've never used it personally, but i've seen it on their site
Edited by: "Jace_Phoenix" 18th Nov 2014
Ha, never had a problem with Yodel before, but this week, they left a parcel for me in the middle of my driveway (whilst no one was at home) for 4 hours.

Good job I live in a decent area & nobody took it !!!
NEtech

Mind, Talking Matters, your local GP, there are loads of people you can … Mind, Talking Matters, your local GP, there are loads of people you can talk to. Don't bottle it up, best get it off your chest.

Do you think she'll ever read your reply?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants